VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or if certain bones have certain marks , injuries or are somewhat disintegrated etc.
? can chemicals cause bones to deteriorate faster? I know that freezing and then rapid thawing can.
There was not an urn at the memorial service. I looked for it and it was not there.

Nice use of Ali G :D

Is it possible she was cremated but 'something' was kept for further analysis? Can they do that?

Thank you, skibaboo. I don't know how else to react to all the conflicting information?

I wonder who the source was for information that AJ was cremated. It could have been an honest error and it probably was but it came from somewhere. I don't think anyone would deliberately mislead the public but wow, what a whopper of a mistake.

I wonder who the source was for information that AJ was cremated. It could have been an honest error and it probably was but it came from somewhere. I don't think anyone would deliberately mislead the public but wow, what a whopper of a mistake.

Well
maybe she has just not been cremated yet!
It could very well be the news was told she will be cremated.
I don't think the body was released.

I have a degree in physical anthropology. Imo, because it took over a month to find her in ever changing weather, her skin may not be as telling and so examining her bones for further trauma will help determine the manner in which she died. Very rarely can fornesic anthros determine COD. They can, however help in.a big way when it comes to MANNER of death. I believe they are needing one to get a story/time line of trauma to her body. Jmo

Nice use of Ali G :D

Is it possible she was cremated but 'something' was kept for further analysis? Can they do that?

Ya know!
I do not think they would release a body unless ALL of it was there.
I do not think its right to keep a body part.
That haunts me!

Just throwing this out there.... could the cremation have occurred before the body was found ? Like maybe it was burned in attempt to hide evidence ? Did the house in Southampton county have a fireplace ? JMO

Just throwing this out there.... could the cremation have occurred before the body was found ? Like maybe it was burned in attempt to hide evidence ? Did the house in Southampton county have a fireplace ? JMO

News report by Joe Fisher of WAVY the day after her remains were found stated/clarified specifically that the remains were a body (presumably as opposed to bones).

Ya know!
I do not think they would release a body unless ALL of it was there.
I do not think its right to keep a body part.
That haunts me!

Another point of confusion, whether AJ was cremated or not, may have made it out to, again, put LE in a position to say something about where things stand.

Perhaps a more subtle but none-the-less another attempt at using the media to influence public impressions and garner information by the family spokespeople, who knows?

Sounds like that to my ear, more tasteless manipulative stuff emanating from a party to the case that makes them yet again look more suspicious, nefarious and cagey.

Would the investigators have the family told that AJ was cremated when in fact they still had the remains? Sounds unethical,

but this is a murder case and I think that they need to do whatever it is that they have to do to get the guilty party

Absolutely not, imo. Investigators can not determine what is to be done with the remains once they release it. That is left to the discretion of family members.

It was another point of confusion that may have made it out, to again, put LE in a position to say something about where things stand. Perhaps a more subtle but none-the-less another attempt at using the media to influence public impressions and garner information by the family spokespeople, who knows? Sounds like that to my ear, more tasteless manipulative stuff emanating from a party to the case that makes them yet again look more suspicious, nefarious and cagey.

I hope its not deception!

Absolutely not, imo. Investigators can not determine what is to be done with the remains once they release it. That is left to the discretion of family members.

So they probably never released the remains,

Was there a graveside internment?

Please bear in mind that the ME would have taken many samples from the remains. So even if they have released AJ's remains to the family for burial or cremation, there would still be samples (evidence) available for other professionals to examine.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/03/anjel...-virginia-teen-college-student-disappearance/

Has this been posted yet? At work in break and saw this. Says there was a person she was afraid of.

Yes, the original story was posted at the time the information was released, fairly early in the case. We have reason to believe that it may have been yet another attempt to frame someone, as the jacket placement was. The texts were not conclusive that she was truly afraid. We really don't know. JMO

So they probably never released the remains,

Was there a graveside internment?

They may have released the remains, they may not have. There is no way for us to determine that, based on what we have heard in msm.

IF it is a fact that her body was cremated (as reported in a few msm outlets), then yes...absolutely the ME released her remains. Is it a fact? Who knows? Could be a fact, could be bad reporting.

Clear as mud, eh? ;)

ETA: But I do suspect that the ME did release her, and that she was, in fact, cremated. JMO

No, this is not possible. Cremation is a highly specialized process with specialized very high temperature furnaces. You can't just throw a body in a fireplace and burn it up.

Please bear in mind that the ME would have taken many samples from the remains. So even if they have released AJ's remains to the family for burial or cremation, there would still be samples (evidence) available for other professionals to examine.

I would think they need the bones!
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members