VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is AJ? She is missing and that fact is getting lost in this circus.

I can't AMEN this statement enough. #1 priority is finding AJ. All this idiocy, word circus and double speak is just throwing a monkey wrench into what's important. I confess, even I fell for it and I usually don't. My shame :(

That sounds more to me like a girl who had an abusive family situation, is 18 now, needed to take off for her safety and THEN called LE to say, "Hey my stepdad is a real ---- and he does such and such to me. I had to run away for my safety and I need for you to help protect me."

It's true that the LE searches suddenly stopped. I'm not saying I think this is the case but it's a good possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The last thing I heard from the Norfolk PD page on fb is its an ongoing investigation into the circumstances into her disappearance . Any info or tips to contact them . ... That was 7 hours ago on the post about AJ

:modstop:

Please do not quote a post which contains a broken quote. It becomes impossible to figure out who said what, and a nightmare to repair.

So if you see a post that looks like this:

blah, blah, blah [/quote]; or,

blah, blah, blah...

I agree with blah, blah, blah...
Do not quote it in your post.

Thanks!

Someone asked on the Norfolk PD FB page if there has been an update and this is how they responded:

"Norfolk Police are continuing the search for missing teenager Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell. The investigation into the circumstances surrounding her disappearance is continuing. We have not ruled out any possibilities, and we are pursuing all leads. We ask that anyone with information, or who has seen her since March 2, 2015, should call Norfolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP" (BBM) https://www.facebook.com/NorfolkPD/...id=888331017876024&offset=0&total_comments=19

This is slightly different than their last update. FWIW.

Someone asked on the Norfolk PD FB page if there has been an update and this is how they responded:

"Norfolk Police are continuing the search for missing teenager Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell. The investigation into the circumstances surrounding her disappearance is continuing. We have not ruled out any possibilities, and we are pursuing all leads. We ask that anyone with information, or who has seen her since March 2, 2015, should call Norfolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP" (BBM) https://www.facebook.com/NorfolkPD/...id=888331017876024&offset=0&total_comments=19

This is slightly different than their last update. FWIW.
Thank you . I had no idea how to link it

I am thinking the same thing with him generous "giving" of $100 one week and $200 the next week. Wasn't AJ at the school the week before? The standing around staring at each other at the gas station because they aren't a family of many words is weird to me. I was unaware that the parents were possibly separated...I must have missed that among all the bullsh$t

I have been trying to figure out the $ thing too. It is not at all unusual for an 18 yr old home from school to hit their dad up for cash. But the way he describes it is so defensive and odd that I think there is more to it. No way she called him that morning for $ for a Bday gift ---he admits she did not even say that. He assumed it. Makes no sense. It's not like WH is made of money. And he has a big family to support.

What if he was trying to bribe her /convince her to not to say something. Let's just say, for arguments sake that he had done something to make his wife angry. IMO, it is not too far a stretch that he might have done something that could even affect his freedom. His wife would not want to report it because she has 4 kids and needs him to stay working and contributing. And she loves him.

But what if AJ knew about this incident or behavior and she was not going to let it go. Maybe he tried being generous and persuasive at first, giving her cash, a truck to drive, etc. But maybe they stood and stared at each other and then she said TOO BAD. I am not going to accept your behavior [ or whatever] and she stood her ground.

Perhaps what she knew could send him back inside? Would that be a strong enough motive to make her go missing? And a strong enough motive for a loved one to help?

OR PERHAPS she knew something about an elephants sibling. And she was not going to keep quiet about that. Same potential scenario.

Sorry I haven't been here for a few days. I took a while to catch up! I think that everyone has lost some perspective as to why we are all here....TO help find AJ.

I can understand all of the conclusions everyone has come to because, let's be honest, WH has made it easy to come to those conclusions. But no one should assume anything or point fingers without the facts and with NPD not providing them that's hard to do. I can say that they hardly ever give out information and have been under scrutiny lately. Perhaps that is why they are so tight lipped. IDK

WH is no published speaker but I also don't think he is intentionally trying to hide anything. He just doesn't know how to say things and sometimes tries to sound educated. That happens if you have never talked to an audience. Many of the things he has said can be explained if you look at it differently.

He left the key to the truck but now the door key. Big deal! It comes OD be an old truck. I would have to check, but there used to be a separate door key and an ignition key for those old enough to remember.

They met at the gas station. It's possible that she was filling up the truck and they just stood there and it was more than likely WAWA's. They serve food. Maybe they sat there in silence. Especially if it was awkward because the parents are split up as some think.

He gave her $200. Does it matter what for or if he asked just because some of us would? They may be different and don't ask a good kid what they need it for. People are different

Soory my rant is still not long but everyone is forgetting what the reason we are here for and stuck on laying blame for something we don't kn w the truth about yet....instead maybe start asking why NPD has said nothing and why an abandoned dog gets more coverage on local news that the two missing my people in this area.

Oh and the kid that saw AJ was out working in the front yard and lives a few blocks over from where the house is so the neighbor who saw the white car there is a different person.

Our hands are tied until LE makes a statement but our brains are not. He may not be a public speaker but he allowed 1000s of people to believe that she was last seen at 7am. Plus for 10days or so he failed to mention that he just remembered that they met up at noon. Plus he never posted the last clothes that she was seen wearing by him. Jmo They also was reiterating the 7am timeline on their official fb page for 10 days or so. So this means that he was keeping the afternoon meeting a secret from moms as well. So its not just what he is saying in public. Its also about what he was not letting others know as well.

Our hands are tied until LE makes a statement but our brains are not. He may not be a public speaker but he allowed 1000s of people to believe that she was last seen at 7am plus for 10days or so he failed to mention that he just remembered that they met up at noon. Plus he never posted the last clothes that she was seen wearing by him.

I can't remember what my kids wore today either. Does that make me a bad person too? Yes he didn't mention to the public about the noon meeting and its looks suspicious but that doesn't mean law enforcement didn't know. Especially when the last known sighting he knew of was 2pm and that was what was important to him. If you never been in a situation where every little detail is important then it can be hard to remember everything..especially when you worried about your child missing. I cant imagine what was and is going through his head.

Our hands are tied until LE makes a statement but our brains are not. He may not be a public speaker but he allowed 1000s of people to believe that she was last seen at 7am plus for 10days or so he failed to mention that he just remembered that they met up at noon. Plus he never posted the last clothes that she was seen wearing by him. Jmo

I love the way you cut to the chase!
:loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:

It is about finding AJ. To me part of that is questioning inconsistences so we have a better understanding of the facts involved and what's just heresay .. For instance if we were to just go by the help AJ page We would all think she was last seen at 7 am . The facts will lead to AJ . We just want to get them right .

I can't remember what my kids wore today either. Does that make me a bad person too? Yes he didn't mention to the public about the noon meeting and its looks suspicious but that doesn't mean law enforcement didn't know. Especially when the last known sighting he knew of was 2pm and that was what was important to him. If you never been in a situation where every little detail is important then it can be hard to remember everything..especially when you worried about your child missing. I cant imagine what was and is going through his head.

When nancy grace asked him when did he last see his kid. The answer that was giving was false. He tried to make it sound like both him and the mom last seen her in the morning while on the way to work. He could have just said i seen her last when i met up with her and gave her money around noon at the gas station. Jmo. Everybody knows that one of the first questions that nancy is going to ask is when is the last time have you seen your child. Which his stated answer tells us that he tried to hide the important fact on national tv and on the fb page.

So Law Enforcement knew but the parents told the public various other times/places on all of the missing posters? I don't know why they would do that.

[There is a big difference between the various versions of the last sighting that was put out there. That can affect the outcome significantly. ]

I think both of them know the importance of details. Both have very technical and detailed skills for their job. I think they can both remember exactly when they last saw their daughter. JMO

Sorry I haven't been here for a few days. I took a while to catch up! I think that everyone has lost some perspective as to why we are all here....TO help find AJ.

I can understand all of the conclusions everyone has come to because, let's be honest, WH has made it easy to come to those conclusions. But no one should assume anything or point fingers without the facts and with NPD not providing them that's hard to do. I can say that they hardly ever give out information and have been under scrutiny lately. Perhaps that is why they are so tight lipped. IDK

WH is no published speaker but I also don't think he is intentionally trying to hide anything. He just doesn't know how to say things and sometimes tries to sound educated. That happens if you have never talked to an audience. Many of the things he has said can be explained if you look at it differently.

He left the key to the truck but now the door key. Big deal! It comes OD be an old truck. I would have to check, but there used to be a separate door key and an ignition key for those old enough to remember.

They met at the gas station. It's possible that she was filling up the truck and they just stood there and it was more than likely WAWA's. They serve food. Maybe they sat there in silence. Especially if it was awkward because the parents are split up as some think.

He gave her $200. Does it matter what for or if he asked just because some of us would? They may be different and don't ask a good kid what they need it for. People are different

Soory my rant is still not long but everyone is forgetting what the reason we are here for and stuck on laying blame for something we don't kn w the truth about yet....instead maybe start asking why NPD has said nothing and why an abandoned dog gets more coverage on local news that the two missing my people in this area.

Oh and the kid that saw AJ was out working in the front yard and lives a few blocks over from where the house is so the neighbor who saw the white car there is a different person.

Thank you for this. I'm sorry for all the speculation going on about AJ'a step-dad. I can assure you that it is not done with any intent other than to help find her. I completely realize that sentiment could never be stronger on my part than her own family, so please forgive the assumptions that go along with what happens here on WS. It's an information clearing house to help make accurate progress on cases, to help families and support them. I hope AJ's family has found it useful as sounding board as they continue with their public outreach.

So Law Enforcement knew but the parents told the public various other times/places on all of the missing posters? I don't know why they would do that.

[There is a big difference between the various versions of the last sighting that was put out there. That can affect the outcome significantly. ]

I think both of them know the importance of details. Both have very technical and detailed skills for their job. I think they can both remember exactly when they last saw their daughter. JMO

Yes!!!!

I was away from the computer last night so I didn't read all of this in real time. It helped put things in perspective. To be blunt, THIS ISN'T LOGICAL. AT ALL. We have all followed wacky cases, but does AJ's family think the public is that naive? So...here's my summary of what we've been fed over the past several days..all IMO.
From family:
1. AJ is missing. Mom is the last one to see her, at 7 am on Monday. However, AJ texts mom the next morning that she's not ready to come home. It might not have been her texting.
2. Actually, a neighbor saw her at 2:30, Monday, BTW.
3. Her debit/credit card was found on a search with other debit/credit cards, but hers was the only one that looked new. It was cut in two pieces.
4. Everyone STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING. There is a flyer out there that was not created by us. It has LE's phone number on it, but the reward doesn't match the one we are offering, and it doesn't have our contact info on it. Could everyone please go around town and take those flyers down?
4. Actually, stepdad found the debit/credit card, BTW. It is sliced in many pieces, BTW.
5. LE won't communicate with the family, so they will be talking to the media.
6. Uh oh. The public has done some research and found out some "things" about stepdad and it's getting all over the internet.
7. BTW, real quick, stepdad met with AJ to give her money at noon on Monday. Forgot to tell y'all that.
8. Also, AJ texted with stepdad a thumbs up sign the next day.
9. Oh, BTW, AJ was spotted at home with a white car around 230 on Monday.
10. We are going to go on a search with machetes in a specific place to find her phone, which we believe was thrown out the window there.
11. Actually, AJ had been afraid of someone for weeks, and we have vague text messages to prove it.
12. BTW, someone found her jacket somewhere.

From LE:
1. Nothing.

THANK YOU! I have been trying to catch up - just finished reading thread #1 and I have never been so flipping confused in my life. Seriously thank you for making this list and letting us all know that we are all at sea here! This is a truly baffling situation, and I have to get some sleep before I continue on. :gaah:

THANK YOU! I have been trying to catch up - just finished reading thread #1 and I have never been so flipping confused in my life. Seriously thank you for making this list and letting us all know that we are all at sea here! This is a truly baffling situation, and I have to get some sleep before I continue on. :gaah:

Klily's terrific summary was posted on Saturday. You think this is bad? Just wait until you read the Sunday night interview transcript posted earlier today! It gets worse. :banghead:

And AJ is still missing. :(

Can someone tell me the name of the elementary school in that area? I want to see what time kids leave in the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrbojangles2