VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Her twitter looks like every other freshman's twitter IMO. Hungry. Tired. Annoyed. Song lyrics.

And every mom of teenagers, lol. ;) In all seriousness, it looks 100% normal for a girl her age. No red flags there at all. I can only say that as a mom of six girls 32, 28, 24, 17, 16 and 11 going on 25. I've seen their SM and their friends SM and there is nothing in AJ's that looks off or out of place.

I appreciate your experience! Is it normal not to have made more connections with classmates by this time in the year?

In my experience it certainly can be, especially if academics and athletics take the forefront. It seems in her case, both have all year. With my oldest when she went through college she didn't see it as a social setting at all, she focused solely on her courses and hung out with local friends in her down time. Obviously it's different with each kid, but this is not out of the ordinary at all.

There was only one and it took a second to show up - I'm on an iPad so I don't know if it makes a difference.

Thank you, Yoda! That worked. And...which one of you posted that? LOL

These questions are probably for the seasoned sleuthers. Why would LE stop communicating with a family if someone was missing? And at what point would a family hire their own PI if they feel that their case isn't being handled like they would? What point would they hire a lawyer to step in to help the family navigate what their next step is like going to the press, interviews, etc?

That's kind of a trick question even though I'm sure you didn't know it. First, it depends on the local PD. Some have family/victim liaison officers who stay directly in touch with the family and others do not. Some are literally swamped with cases in certain divisions and have like, 4 officers handling 82 cases (just as an example, not literally). I could give probably 20 more different scenarios but the point it, it really all depends on the PD.

It also depends on the case, people involved, willingness to cooperate with such things like search warrants, cell records, etc. TONS of variables with each case. There's really no template on how things are handled.

PI's and private legal rep isn't cheap. I've followed tons of missing people cases over the last several years and most of the families never go that route. Some have, but most don't. I hope that helps.

I hope it's okay that I say this, it is jmo, but I'm waiting for them to open up a Bring AJ home store and sell all sorts of other stuff...This case is getting on my nerves.

I'm right there with you. FWIW, it's not the fundraising per se, it's more about the snarky attitude (take a look at the description on the page), the lack of transparency and so much focus on... well, everything but AJ.

That makes it really hard for me to want to open up my wallet. Many people aren't aware that funds are released carte blanche - IOW no matter what description is given the recipient can spend it on whatever. There's no oversight, no neutral intermediary. The fundraising site takes 10% off the top and passes on the rest.

Alright, which one of you posted the comment? ;)

LOL wasn't me, but what I am wondering is how come no one is checking out the link that was posted by someone under the interviewers page by motormouth? Now that's interesting stuff right there peeps!

I'm right there with you. FWIW, it's not the fundraising per se, it's more about the snarky attitude (take a look at the description on the page), the lack of transparency and so much focus on... well, everything but AJ.

That makes it really hard for me to want to open up my wallet. Many people aren't aware that funds are released carte blanche - IOW no matter what description is given the recipient can spend it on whatever. There's no oversight, no neutral intermediary. The fundraising site takes 10% off the top and passes on the rest.

What is also sad is that several of the people donating are young friends of Anjelica's. People who are genuine and kind.

If they aren't on here they should be!!

I can't see the comments either but you can almost always tell when a fellow WS member comments somewhere ;)

As for SM and teens, it really depends on the age group. Some dump FB and use snapchat almost exclusively (one of mine has). Some use twitter, others still use FB and still others, instagram or tumblr. Only because AJ was SO active on twitter (far more active than me and I've had it since 2008) I would suggest it was her SM of choice, or at least one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove