VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Family and friends say search started around 5pm Thursday, where they possibly found her clothing, yet the page states the next day (again) that there is nothing new to report but they are trying to figure out the "post to page" issue?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...42&id=793056607449236&refid=17&_ft_&__tn__=*s

I've seen this happen in cases where they don't want to public to know about a search area. If a perp (or a completely innocent searcher with good intentions) caught wind of it last night they could have moved things or contaminated the area before the search in daylight could occur. JMO.

According to family?? Again??WTH?

Once again...the contrasting stories from "the family" continue to fuel suspicion. The fb page this morning says no new info...yet in the wavy article they are aware of searches since the 19th and clothing found? Is it telling that there are conflicting accounts on multiple occasions coming from "the family?" That question is mostly rhetorical. IMO

Police have been searching up and down South Battlefield Blvd. since Thursday evening, according to neighbors. Family and friends of Hadsell tell 10 On Your Side they started searching the area around 5 p.m. March 19 after getting a tip about clothing on the side of the road. At least four items believed to be Hadsell’s were found, according to family.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/21/crews-search-for-missing-teen-anjelica-hadsell-in-chesapeake/

I don't know that this necessarily means that the tip was given to the family or that the family is who's been searching since the 19th. "They" could refer to the police, or the family.

It would really throw a spanner in the works if they found her jacket

Yes! The jacket - allegedly found in a neighbor's house! In all the excitement and suspense I forgot about that point. With her name on it, it would certainly send LE right to that spot.

Well somewhere in the last pages Norfolk PD asked for Ches PD to help starting Thursday evening along 4000 block S Battlefield Blvd. So, I guess the question is, who found the items, or who gave the tip to whom.

While I feel sick in my stomach as I know all of you do who've been here since day one, I am so hopeful and full of prayer that Forensics will find something that will give DEFINITE evidence in this case. All this hearsay, rumor, eyewitness sighting, etc. is little help without any concrete scientific evidence to test and make confirmations. I hope this search today brings many answers.

And yet...the family gave info. SMH!

http://wavy.com/2015/03/21/crews-search-for-missing-teen-anjelica-hadsell-in-chesapeake/

I don't know that this necessarily means that the tip was given to the family or that the family is who's been searching since the 19th. "They" could refer to the police, or the family.

That's how I read it too, as referring to LE. I agree it's bad writing, but Wavy seem to be updating in 'real' time from the scene, so I'll forgive them ;).

LE are also quoted in the article.

Once again...the contrasting stories from "the family" continue to fuel suspicion. The fb page this morning says no new info...yet in the wavy article they are aware of searches since the 19th and clothing found? Is it telling that there are conflicting accounts on multiple occasions coming from "the family?" That question is mostly rhetorical. IMO

Or may be family only found out when we did, early this morning...

Or may be family only found out when we did, early this morning...

From the wavy article..."Family and friends of Hadsell tell 10 On Your Side they started searching the area around 5 p.m. March 19 after getting a tip about clothing on the side of the road."

:wave:Hi guys, we all need to tread lightly as no one has been named a POI or suspect at this time. The family and friends are considered victims at WS so please respect that.

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members or others that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members or others cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

I along with all of you hope this search yields some answers in finding AJ.

Thank you

Joe Fisher @JoeFisherTV · 1h 1 hour ago

#Chesapeake Police confirm they were called to assist #Norfolk PD on call at 6:20 p.m. Thursday (3/19) on 4000 block of S. Battlefield Blvd.

I've seen this happen in cases where they don't want to public to know about a search area. If a perp (or a completely innocent searcher with good intentions) caught wind of it last night they could have moved things or contaminated the area before the search in daylight could occur. JMO.
I totally understand not releasing sensitive info so as to protect an investigation. I think what has been slowly niggling at me is that the administration makes a point of frequently updating the page and stating "nothing new".

Why just not post anything? Or just posts prayer requests or pleas to AJ to come home, or requests to keep sharing her missing info? Why the need to state nothing new?

I think it is the contradiction of specifically sharing articles/podcast to the page, that have news like she was afraid of a guy, search warrant executed, jacket found, believe she is in danger, etc. but then saying "nothing new". Hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove