Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She ingested pills and brandy before putting a bag over her head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*She was well dressed, clothing was a Nordstrom's exclusive brand.
*Ring with four jade stones - something significant to her, or I can't imagine she would have been wearing it.
*She had a scar suggesting a possible cesarean
*She left a note that suggested an educated, literary person
*She had three comedy tapes with her: 2000 year old man, jeff Foxworthy, and monty python
*She left money for her disposal, requested no autopsy, and laid down on a plastic sheet for quick clean up. (The theme "disposal, disposed" keeps repeating in my mind)
*She had a med-alert bracelet/tag that said not to resuscitate; suggests illness?

She definitely didn't want someone to know she had died. Who? If she didn't care, she wouldn't have gone to such lengths to remain anonymous?

It's also interesting that there is only 2% of the US population that is redhead. In the world, per capita, the US has the most redheads. The UK, Scotland, and Ireland have the highest percentage of redheads. If our Christmas tree lady is from the US, she's in a rare club. You'd think someone would remember "Rusty".

If a true redhead...I would think by age 60 she would be less redhead and more a strawberry blonde, blonde, or white..

Classito
(part of the 2%)

I'll eat my hat if that's a natural red. Especially at her age. Though with her complexion, I wouldn't be surprised if she was a redhead in her youth.

I'll eat my hat if that's a natural red. Especially at her age. Though with her complexion, I wouldn't be surprised if she was a redhead in her youth.

You and rosesfromangels can have a lunch date at the local haberdasher -- didn't she say she'd eat her hat if it wasn't JG?? LOL :floorlaugh:

You and rosesfromangels can have a lunch date at the local haberdasher -- didn't she say she'd eat her hat if it wasn't JG?? LOL :floorlaugh:

Heh. I would never bet my hat on a possible match. I've seen too many can't-miss likenesses turn out to be non-matches, and too many matches who look nothing like the reconstruction, to have a lot of faith in my judgement.

I viewed the blurry morgue photo in post #291 and if anything I think she looks older in that photo than the recon. Both photos could easily be a woman older than 60. I know many women in their mid to late 60s who look much younger than our UID.

Having said that, some of the saggy look to her face could have been from weight loss. If she did indeed have a terminal illness it could be that she was formerly heavier than she was at the time of her suicide.

This story always makes me feel so sad for her.

Ugh. Stupid phone. I tried to say there are other ways to check natural hair color but does it really matter? Anyone who saw her the days leading up to this would know her as red headed.

Ugh. Stupid phone. I tried to say there are other ways to check natural hair color but does it really matter? Anyone who saw her the days leading up to this would know her as red headed.

I was thinking more that if she was reported missing several years previously, she might not have had red hair then.

I read through all the post but cannot remember if Bonita Krummel had been mentioned..

Disappeared in 1991
Left a note to family saying she was sorry and that she loved them
Left wedding ring, jewelry, credit cards etc in car
Had a terminal disease. (Huntington Disease for 7 years)
Has appendectomy scar
Height 5'1"
Weight 103
Age in 1996 was 49...a little younger than the description for Annadale..But thinking the disease may have caused her to appear older

A bus driver believes he picked her up in Medford and left her off at Center City PA..if true then she must of had funds and plans...

She left home to prevent her family from watching her die...The disease is known to cause eye problems that may require bifocals..

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/krummel_bonita.html
http://articles.philly.com/1991-03-24/news/25790904_1_local-police-bus-driver-disease
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3914

Classito

One outcome of the discussion of Connie Converse is I now have one of her songs stuck in my head and it will not leave! She was not the best singer but her songs were really interesting.

I've seen the PM photo - which sucks! I'm just not sure Connie should be ruled out - out of hand. I actually think her nose and the nose on the recon are very similar.

Wish the PM photo was better....

I think of Alice Crimmins when I visit this page...She was a redhead, well to do, and children graves would have been a major part of her life...In the 60s she was accused of killing her two children and convicted of killing one..Not sure if she really did it or not..She was released in 77 and living with her new husband in FL...He passed away in 98...Don't know if Alice was with him or what became of Alice...

Did the UID have acne scars by chance..?

Classito

I've seen the PM photo - which sucks! I'm just not sure Connie should be ruled out - out of hand. I actually think her nose and the nose on the recon are very similar.

I agree. If I had heard nothing of this case and somebody showed me a photo of Connie, and the recon photo, and told me this was the same woman many years later, I would easily believe it. I think the shape of their faces, noses, and chins are very similar.

I wish I could show you guys the bigger, head on version of this.

The comparison between Connie's front facing picture and the PM JD is pretty good... I just wish I could see JD's hairline -- THAT is always always ALWAYS telling.

This UID looks like Connie to me, maybe she needs her own thread. Found Dec 1974, White female, estimated post mortem 2 months.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1589?page=case_information

BREAKTHROUGH!!

Forensic Anthropologist at U. of Tenn has asked me for relative information for Connie to acquire a DNA sample. I gave him her brother's name and what I believe to be his phone number and address in Ann Arbor. Excited and praying that Connie will be entered in NamUs with DNA complete!!

:scared:

I wish I could show you guys the bigger, head on version of this.

The comparison between Connie's front facing picture and the PM JD is pretty good... I just wish I could see JD's hairline -- THAT is always always ALWAYS telling.

Also the ears--earlobes are very distinct. Connie's are not pierced and JD wore clip-ons, which is not that uncommon for women of that generation. But whether the earlobes are attached or detached can be very telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper