Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. It's reddit. I googled cemetery suicide to see if this was a trend or a thing and this came up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only just saw the items she'd been wearing/situated with..the tree, the poem, jewelry. Classiques Entier was very popular in the mid to late nineties, with older women...at least, it was, where I live (Chicago).
This case is haunting. Someone, somewhere, had to wonder about a woman disappearing in their social circle, family, co workers, etc.
Imagine if they're trying to find her, but using search terms we've got no idea she's linked to.
Example: Mother of one, former employee of Commonwealth Edison, twenty years at St. Mary's church, etc.
We don't know anything about her, really, and that's a pity. I pray that whomever remembers her stumbles upon the Unidentified forum.

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

Bumping this up for our lonely Christmas Tree Lady........who are you?!

Hmm... can only reply from within another comment. Main reply button doesn't work for me.

Mary Anderson. She's been discussed before - though I wasn't here then - and being so similar to this case I find it impossible to believe these two cases aren't connected, if not significantly, then loosely. Just two months earlier another apparent suicide of another very well-dressed woman with another anonymous suicide note. Same sentiments in the same order as this one. Another odd suicide just about as cryptic as this one.

For reference, Mary Anderson's case can be found at the Doe Network Case File 159UFWA.

I ended up here after reading about Mary Anderson.

This case haunts me. I live in the same region, and even though the D.C. area is huge, I still have this sense that I ought to know this woman. And I know it's mostly because of the comedy tapes! That's my thing exactly, although comedy has pulled me out of suicidal despair, not been part of an attempt. That and the Christmas tree...what a tableau.

I have a hard time thinking that someone with emblems that indicate such a personality would go unmissed. I'm going to read back through this forum now and see what more I can find out.

I contacted the Virginia authorities in May 2013. I am almost positive that this is my aunt whom my mom told me went missing years ago. The authorities took my information but have not yet responded to my two subsequent inquiries as to whether it is my aunt or not. It is very frustrating. Last time I saw my aunt was when I was in 6th grade I think and then spent my teens in foster care so I did not have contact with any of my family for the six or so years after that. I have no pictures of her. I only remember what she looked like and this lady sure looks like her even with the effects of aging. My family (except my mom) seems could care less about my aunt so no information there. There has been no contact with that side of the family anyway except for her brother, which was my stepdad (now deceased) and her other brother which I haven't spoken to in years. Last known employment was Quincy Hospital (Quincy, MA) as far as my mom knows. I wish I knew where my aunt Tina was and if this lady is her. She had a very difficult life since childhood as we all did in our family; physically, emotionally, etc. etc. If it is her, I hope she knows, in death, that I have been searching online for her for years.

I contacted the Virginia authorities in May 2013. I am almost positive that this is my aunt whom my mom told me went missing years ago. The authorities took my information but have not yet responded to my two subsequent inquiries as to whether it is my aunt or not. It is very frustrating. Last time I saw my aunt was when I was in 6th grade I think and then spent my teens in foster care so I did not have contact with any of my family for the six or so years after that. I have no pictures of her. I only remember what she looked like and this lady sure looks like her even with the effects of aging. My family (except my mom) seems could care less about my aunt so no information there. There has been no contact with that side of the family anyway except for her brother, which was my stepdad (now deceased) and her other brother which I haven't spoken to in years. Last known employment was Quincy Hospital (Quincy, MA) as far as my mom knows. I wish I knew where my aunt Tina was and if this lady is her. She had a very difficult life since childhood as we all did in our family; physically, emotionally, etc. etc. If it is her, I hope she knows, in death, that I have been searching online for her for years.

Hi, Search_For_Tina, and welcome to Websleuths.

I'm a little confused about your relation to Florence King. You say that she is your "aunt" by virtue of being the sister of your step-father?

This would mean that you or your mother would have no blood-relation to Florence. Unless you can locate her other brother, and that brother would be willing to submit a DNA sample, it would be tough to prove.

I wonder if the people at Quincy Hospital would have a photo of her.

WOW, what a development! I am praying, praying, praying!
I wonder if the hospital where she supposedly worked might have an old employee badge photo or something we could compare to?
Working at a hospital makes SO much sense, we have all speculated that! Her note sounded like someone with medical knowledge.
This is quite a development.
Can this truly be our Christmas Tree Lady?!?!?!????

Do you have pix of the missing aunt?? I hope to god it's her and you guys finally have some peace!!!

Also, as much as I hate to say this - I have postmortem pics of her (many of us do). If you are interested let me know and I will gladly send what I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My aunt Tina's brother "Richard" is my stepfather who is named as my father on my birth certificate. He is the dad of my brother and my sister. I was an "oops" but he accepted me as his daughter so yes, no blood ties to him but my "step father" nonetheless. I gave the contact information of her blood brother "Billy" to the Virginia detective who I had the conversation with back in May 2013 about her possibly being my Aunt Tina. I have emailed them twice since then but have not received any reply. She has a sister "Shirley" but I don't have any contact information on her. I think she lives somewhere in Boston. These are the only two relatives that I know are still alive or were still alive last I checked.

I don't have any pictures of her and neither does my mom.

I did see the post mortem pic and it doesn't look like my aunt; however, it doesn't look like the NamUs pic either. I recognized her (if it is her) from the NamUs pic.

Also, she has yet to be ruled out on the NamUs site. I have been watching every so often since May 2013

Welcome Search For Tina. I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Is she listed as missing in Namus? or anywhere else?

Has anyone called the hospital HR dept. to check on her employment dates?

Welcome to Websleuths.
Contact Pamela Reed her NamUs case worker. She will help you get your aunt listed as missing as well as get a DNA sample. Send me a PM if you need help. You can also find me on FB - NJ for the Federal Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law
Email pamela.reed@unthsc.edu
Phone 817-666-5432

Search For Tina - Welcome to the forum (although I'm sorry for the circumstances). I have a few questions, if you don't mind:

What year was it when you last saw her?

Do you know if your step-aunt had a serious illness before she disappeared?

Were the items found with the Jane Doe consistent with what your aunt might have? Like, would she often wear jewelry, or do you know if she was a fan of Monty Python?

Thank you for welcoming me by the way. I will try contacting Quincy Hospital after next week (10/15 = Personal tax deadline and I am an accountant so work-pressured right now). I wonder if they would have this information after so many years. I am not sure if she was ever reported missing or is posted to any lists such as NamUs. Unfortunately, because of the environment we all grew up in, contact with my Aunt Tina's side of the family is non-existent and I am fearful (maybe the better word would be anxiety ridden) to contact them today. I did have a brief contact with her brother Billy about six years ago but I dropped out of sight because of our family's "past" and how difficult it was for me to remain in contact. In retrospect, I wish I had stayed in contact and approached the subject of my missing aunt with him.

Roselvr, thank you so very much for the contact information that you provided. I will also follow that route after next week also. I just don't know how good it would do because I have virtually no identifying information about her (pics, birthday, ssi information, etc.). Only that she went missing around or before the 1996 date that this JD was found. She led a very dangerous life style even when I was a kid. Other than my uncle Billy, I think that contacting my aunt Tina's sister Shirley and her family would not be a nice scenario so I am hoping to remain anonymous from that side of the family in my search. If they are registered members of this site, then oops they will see my posts anyway.

I just wrote to the detective again today. Maybe I will get a reply from him this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove