Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have thoughts on Anna Frady last seen January 1996? Height is only a couple inches off, and the 20 pound difference could have easily been put on in the time period.

attachment.php

attachment.php

IMO, similar nose, lips, glasses, hair (could have been cut and colored)....

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 25, 1938
Age at Time of Disappearance: 58 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"- 5'9"; 130 - 140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Green/hazel eyes; brown/grey hair. She wears glasses.
Medical conditions: She suffers from an unspecified illness, and did not bring her medications with her.

Circumstances of Disappearance
The two last known sightings of Ferguson was at JJ's Market on January 14, 1996, In Bledsoe County, TN. She was last seen walking on Highway 127 in Bledsoe County towards Sequatchie County TN.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1749dftn.html

**EDIT: I emailed the regional contact on NAMUS who said they're working on it.

Absolutly...she was on my list too, but I don't recall why I decided not to bring her up...I read the facebooksite made by her family....it had something to do with the fact that she was so close to her family that I did not think she would be leaving them just like that....but yes...it is a possibility....Thanks for submitting her!!!!

I don't know if the link works

https://www.facebook.com/MissingMotherAnneBlancheFergusonFrady/

Absolutly...she was on my list too, but I don't recall why I decided not to bring her up...I read the facebooksite made by her family....it had something to do with the fact that she was so close to her family that I did not think she would be leaving them just like that....but yes...it is a possibility....Thanks for submitting her!!!!

Especially since she had medical problems. That makes the DNR bracelet and the distance/location AND the note so relevant, you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologize for not posting the ws link to her here, but am typing from my phone and I have a little trouble navigating the site from my phone but wanted to throw this out there because someone suggested this uid on her thread. iit doesn't look like she was ever brought up here.

Gertrude Bishop went missing in 1947.

She was from Charlottesville VA and was a nurse. She was born around 1920 so possibly too old?

She had "disappeared" before but always eventually returned. As a result she was not reported missing, her family didn't want to cause her (and themselves) any embarrassment.

The most recent time she had returned from one of her disappearances, it was around Christmas and aside from her mother, her family did not give her a warm reception when she returned. Apparently she had been gone quite awhile and just popped back up unexpectedly.

She played the piano and was known for wearing nice, stylish clothes.

I do not know her vitals, there is a college yearbook photo but no height/weight that I know of. There is a 2 part newspaper article that I got this info from, I will post links when I am at a computer.

I really can't say if there is a physical resemblance as the only photo is from around 1940 and that sort of comparison is not my forte.

Just wanted to throw it out there in case it could be a possibility.

I apologize for not posting the ws link to her here, but am typing from my phone and I have a little trouble navigating the site from my phone but wanted to throw this out there because someone suggested this uid on her thread. iit doesn't look like she was ever brought up here.

Gertrude Bishop went missing in 1947.

She was from Charlottesville VA and was a nurse. She was born around 1920 so possibly too old?

She had "disappeared" before but always eventually returned. As a result she was not reported missing, her family didn't want to cause her (and themselves) any embarrassment.

The most recent time she had returned from one of her disappearances, it was around Christmas and aside from her mother, her family did not give her a warm reception when she returned. Apparently she had been gone quite awhile and just popped back up unexpectedly.

She played the piano and was known for wearing nice, stylish clothes.

I do not know her vitals, there is a college yearbook photo but no height/weight that I know of. There is a 2 part newspaper article that I got this info from, I will post links when I am at a computer.

I really can't say if there is a physical resemblance as the only photo is from around 1940 and that sort of comparison is not my forte.

Just wanted to throw it out there in case it could be a possibility.

Hmmm. Looking at her picture I wouldn't rule her out immidiatly. Her birthyear was around 1920. There were more women submitted who were born app. 1921/1922 and LE looked into it, so it's not impossible. It looks like Getrude had a mole on the left site of her nose...but it could be easely be a "dirty" picture. What do you think? Lips get thinner when you are aging.....I wonder what colour hair she had...

Also trying this missing woman, Dr.Margaret M Kilcoyne, just in case.
She has red hair, blue eyes, is 5' tall and wears glasses.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2906dfma.html
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...argaret-Peg-Kilcoyne-50-Nantucket-26-Jan-1980

A strangestory....I wonder what her state of mind was when she called her brother....Ihave been on Cape Cod (very beautiful) and also saw the swamps. Hard to findsomebody I guess. Just being on a breakthrough for treating hypertension....couldshe have been a treat for the established medicine industry? Just my thoughts....

Hmmm. Looking at her picture I wouldn't rule her out immidiatly. Her birthyear was around 1920. There were more women submitted who were born app. 1921/1922 and LE looked into it, so it's not impossible. It looks like Getrude had a mole on the left site of her nose...but it could be easely be a "dirty" picture. What do you think? Lips get thinner when you are aging.....I wonder what colour hair she had...

Yeah, I wish we knew more on her vitals. I hadn't noticed the mark that looks like a mole, it could be. Do moles fade with age? I still have one on my forearm that I've always had but it doesn't seem to be as dark but that could be because my skin is a little darker than it was then.

I was intrigued by some of the circumstances, her being a nurse from Virginia, had come home at Christmastime before, and wasn't reported missing. Not to mention the article specifically mentioned stylish clothes.

Gertrude's mother (the only one who greeted her enthusiastically when she reappeared the last time) was already long deceased when JD died so there probably wasn't anyone really looking for her at that time.

I believe one of Gertrude's nieces, who does remember her, has recently started trying to find out what happened to her. But at the time her family was adamant that it not be discussed because they did not want it to end up in the papers.

I don't think I ever found a date of birth for her, just that she was in college in 1949 so I guessed she was born about 1920.

In college in 1940, not 1949. Can't find the edit button on my phone

Also trying this missing woman, Dr.Margaret M Kilcoyne, just in case.
She has red hair, blue eyes, is 5' tall and wears glasses.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2906dfma.html
[url]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?327217-MA-Dr-Margaret-Peg-Kilcoyne-50-Nantucket-26-Jan-1980

[/URL]

Just want to point out I recently read her thread and the linked articles in it. She was reported to be a very tall woman yet she is listed as 5' on some sites, so don't rely too heavily on her height when ruling out UIDs.

Just want to point out I recently read her thread and the linked articles in it. She was reported to be a very tall woman yet she is listed as 5' on some sites, so don't rely too heavily on her height when ruling out UIDs.
Glad you mentioned it as she is variously described as being very tall or short, - had assumed the Doe Network's 5' version was correct, thanks for noting.

Our poor lady's exclusions list is up to 218 names. https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6279)

I found a new possible on Doenet: Cynthia Clair was depressed when she went missing from Toronto. She has red hair, wears glasses, all her other stats are within range. Was 38 when she disappeared, so would have been a little younger than the 50 to 70 age range. She had also broken her legs or feet in an accident; I know they didn't do a full autopsy on Annadale JD so I don't know that's something they would have looked for or not.

Since she's Canadian, there would not have been any automatic matching.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2738dfon.html

Side by side attached; click to enlarge if necessary. I question the nose, but since I saw how sharp Buckskin Doe's nose is from the side, I'm not sure how Annandale's nose would look from that angle. Also, the tip of the nose tends to enlarge and droop as we get older. Not sure six years is enough for that to be significant, however.

I dunno. Close enough to submit?

annandale JD with Cynthia Clair.png

Our poor lady's exclusions list is up to 218 names. https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6279)

I found a new possible on Doenet: Cynthia Clair was depressed when she went missing from Toronto. She has red hair, wears glasses, all her other stats are within range. Was 38 when she disappeared, so would have been a little younger than the 50 to 70 age range. She had also broken her legs or feet in an accident; I know they didn't do a full autopsy on Annadale JD so I don't know that's something they would have looked for or not.

Side by side attached; click to enlarge if necessary. I question the nose, but since I saw how sharp Buckskin Doe's nose is from the side, I'm not sure how Annandale's nose would look from that angle. Also, the tip of the nose tends to enlarge and droop as we get older. Not sure six years is enough for that to be significant, however.

attachment.php

Although it might seem unlikely for the mp to travel that far, the uid woman, fwiw, always reminded me of a Toronto type woman.
Wondering if there was anything in the writing style or other indication such as watch placement that might show if the woman found was left-handed as was Ms. Clair?
imo, speculation.

Although it might seem unlikely for the mp to travel that far, the uid woman, fwiw, always reminded me of a Toronto type woman.
Wondering if there was anything in the writing style or other indication such as watch placement that might show if the woman found was left-handed as was Ms. Clair?
imo, speculation.

Hi Carbuff and Dotr. Good to see that there are still people caring. Cynthia Clair was also on my list to compare with UID, but I didn't have the time to do so. Seeing the pictures site by site I'm not sure at all. Here are the stats compared:

MP born July 10, 1951 UID estimated born between 1926 - 1946. Estimated age 60 then born ca. 1939.
MP Age at Time of Disappearance, 1990: 38 years old. Would be 44 yrs in 1996. I think that is quite a big difference.
MP Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance:5'3"; 176 lbs. UID is 5’0, Charley says 5’2”.UID/ 157 lbs.
MP Distinguishing Characteristics: White female,possibly of mixed heritage. Short, medium brown but dyed red hair; hazel eyes.Grey-framed glasses; left handed. UID not knows if her hair is dyed or natural color, UID eye color not known. UID glasses. UID not known to be left handed.
Other: Both of Cindy's legs were injured in a fall.There would be evidence of fractures of her legs and/or feet. UID not known, because probably no full autopsy

She is probably to old. Faun was already 50 when she went missing in 1969. Just what I think....
Possibly, but the exclusions list includes women born as early as Ida Foss, 1901.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Ooh. I like this one. If she was depressed she could have been transient. A hard life will make anyone look older than they are. It's worth looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member