Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an odd theory, in looking at the 'mary anderson' case that happened prior to her death.. I kind of have a curiosity surrounding this idea that maybe it was a serial killer who made these murders look like suicides. They both had red hair, wore clothing from Nordstroms, and were wholly unidentified and unclaimed. There's a small suspicion that these two may be related jane doe cases (not genetically related)

Probably not, but at this point... what avenue is actually preposterous?

Also, the scar does NOT look like a C-section. I think perhaps that was widely thought because she was found in the graveyard near all the childrens' graves. Looks more like a scar that would've formed from having a procedure such as a laparotomy

What about this MP?

Mary Elizabeth Sloan – The Charley Project

I have an old rule out list so couldn't check it.
  • MP missing since 04/03/1994, from Proctorville Ohio, She had last reported to work at St. Mary's Hospital four days earlier, on March 30. She has never been heard from again. After her disappearance, her car was found at the Greyhound bus station in Charleston, West Virginia. UID found in Annandale VA. (5 hours drive)
  • MP 44 years old, no dob available, would be 46 in 1996 UID estimated between 50 and 70
  • MP height 5'0 - 5'3 UID 5'0" (152, 5 cm)
  • MP weight 145 - 200 pound UID 157 lbs
  • MP Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. UID red curly hair, unknown if this was natural. UID eye color unknown
  • MP Caesarean section scar on her abdomen. UID had an 8-inch scar on her abdomen, probably from a C-section.
sloan_mary.jpg
upload_2019-5-31_13-3-50.pngupload_2019-5-31_13-4-29.png

What about this MP?

Mary Elizabeth Sloan – The Charley Project

I have an old rule out list so couldn't check it.
  • MP missing since 04/03/1994, from Proctorville Ohio, She had last reported to work at St. Mary's Hospital four days earlier, on March 30. She has never been heard from again. After her disappearance, her car was found at the Greyhound bus station in Charleston, West Virginia. UID found in Annandale VA. (5 hours drive)
  • MP 44 years old, no dob available, would be 46 in 1996 UID estimated between 50 and 70
  • MP height 5'0 - 5'3 UID 5'0" (152, 5 cm)
  • MP weight 145 - 200 pound UID 157 lbs
  • MP Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. UID red curly hair, unknown if this was natural. UID eye color unknown
  • MP Caesarean section scar on her abdomen. UID had an 8-inch scar on her abdomen, probably from a C-section.
sloan_mary.jpg
View attachment 187132View attachment 187133

Annandale Jane Doe has 619 ruleouts, but Sloan isn't on the list.

She's a bit young but not a lot, but otherwise looks like a very strong candidate.

I saw Jane Doe's PM photos a few years back; I would say it's highly likely her hair was colored, but her complexion looked like she might have been a natural redhead who had maybe started to cover the gray. No way to tell for sure from a couple of photos though.

I wonder if there would be a possibility of isotope analysts to get some idea of where she was from? These does where a thorough, comprehensive autopsy wasn’t done because “it was an obvious suicide” bother me. Everyone has people who care about them even if they don’t know or believe it, we all make an imprint on other people’s lives. Those family or friends should know where their loved one is.

I've never thought she was from the area in which she went missing. There was so much publicity when she was found, and this publicity continued for many years on the "anniversary"of when she was discovered. It makes you wonder, is anyone looking for her? A family member, friend, neighbor -- it's sad to think no one has thought to search for her online. With the wealth of information available on the internet, if someone was determined to find her, they would have eventually come across her information. I noticed on another crime related page that several hundred people have been ruled out. I'm not sure exactly how this was definitively done, being as there is no DNA for her. Makes me really sad to think her identity may never be known.

I noticed on another crime related page that several hundred people have been ruled out. I'm not sure exactly how this was definitively done, being as there is no DNA for her. Makes me really sad to think her identity may never be known.
rsbm

They do have her DNA - bringing forward from Post # 1677

Investigators have the woman's DNA and found several of her personal belongings in the area, but they haven't been able to identify her. Police released a composite sketch of the woman and a video profiling her case on their Facebook page Monday.

Police Need Help ID'ing Woman Who Took Her Own Life in 1996

NamUs currently has 619 rule-outs for her.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Ohhhhh so they do have her DNA! Thank you for this, I always thought they did not have her DNA because she was cremated. 619 rule outs!!! How does someone leave this world so alone that in spite of publicity, DNA and social media, she has not been identified. I hate to think that she may not have had any living relatives nor friends with whom she was close, and just decided there was no point being here any longer.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but do you think LE would consider using Parabon Nanolabs to help identify this lady?

With all those rule outs it seems like LE are quite active in this one, so it’s got some traction with them. Sending to Parabon would save them time and energy it seems to me. But maybe the DNA type isn’t comparable and perhaps they didn’t keep a sample that could be re-tested.

She is my "red headed lady", that's what I call her.....and I still want her to be identified. She did everything to prevent that....and she had the choice and the right. For me, after all this time, I have a dilemma about that. Letting her go....as she wanted and still caring and searching...

Bit of Hope, I feel you. There are so many unknowns with this case. Was this lady suffering from a health condition, depression, isolation and loneliness, no family (or family that wasn't interested in keeping in contact with her), or a broken heart? Or perhaps a mixture of some of the above? The fact that she chose to end her life during Christmas time, and in a cemetery near the baby section no less, only magnifies our compassion for the emotional pain she must have been going through. We want to uncover her identity because, regardless of her motivation for ending her life, to us, she matters. And for all we know, she may matter to other souls out there who have no idea what happened to her. Brings to mind the "Lyle Stevik" case. So many people worked for so long to figure out who he was. And it turns out he apparently had family who did not know his whereabouts. Where did our red headed lady come from? I always thought she was a local who was disconnected from family and had few or no friends. The fact that no one has come forward with any information about her is troubling. Perhaps it is because she is not from the area she was found. So many languishing cases have finally been solved in recent years. I pray we can figure out a way to solve hers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnmeep