VA VA - Arieanna Day, 3 months, Roanoke, 12 September 2018 *Charges dropped*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No news but the VA courts site listed that Andrew Terry had a hearing this afternoon. It had to do with a 2016 case (CR12001229-01). LE arrested him for probation violation when they arrested him for the ilegal disposal charge. I think it was granted.
Case Number: CR12001229-02
Filed: 09/19/2018
Commenced by: Reinstatement
Locality: COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant: TERRY, ANDREW C
Sex: Male
Race: Black (Non-Hispanic)
DOB: 02/03/**** (02/03/1987)
Address: BLACKSBURG, VA 24060
Charge: V/P (CONSPIRE-GRAND LARCENY)
Code Section: 19.2-306
Charge Type: Felony
Class: U
Offense Date: 09/19/2018
Arrest Date: 09/20/2018

Hearings
1 09/20/2018 9:00AM Capias Capias-Defendant Arrested
2 09/26/2018 9:00AM Advise About Attorney Arrangements Granted
3 10/29/2018 1:00PM Revocation

You can see both cases here:
Virginia Courts Case Information (Circuit)
Enter Montgomery county.
Here's the original booking info: https://www.montgomerycountyva.gov/...5/17502/17569/Jail_Booking_Log_09-09-2018.pdf

Looks like they revoked his probation from his previous conviction. Poor Arieanna. I hope somebody talks or they find her body before his hearing in family court.

If I was that baby's mom, I would be camped out on WDBJ and WSLS steps to make sure my child was getting all the coverage and organized searches she deserves.
ITA!
The mother of a missing Roanoke baby posted a letter to her missing daughter, Arieanna Day, on social media on the infant's 4-month old birthday on September 28.

Mothers pens letter to missing Roanoke baby on 4-month birthday

The mother's post can be read at the link. The rest of the article states the original story of mom putting Arieanna in her crib at 10 pm, going to the kitchen then finding her missing at 11 pm.

If the mother is able to post on sm I don't get why she hasn't gone on the news to plea for people to keep looking for Arieanna. She said in part, "we will never stop looking for you. Never. We pray every day you will return to us safely."

I don't get it. Arieanna's story is losing traction in msm - now's a great time for mom to go to local news and get her name out there. I wish she'd come forward, all the hush hush secrecy about her identity and the circumstances only makes me question the timeline now that we know that Terry is Arieanna's dad and that he allegedly disposed of her body. I wish LE would give us a few crumbs.

ITA!

The mother's post can be read at the link. The rest of the article states the original story of mom putting Arieanna in her crib at 10 pm, going to the kitchen then finding her missing at 11 pm.

If the mother is able to post on sm I don't get why she hasn't gone on the news to plea for people to keep looking for Arieanna. She said in part, "we will never stop looking for you. Never. We pray every day you will return to us safely."

I don't get it. Arieanna's story is losing traction in msm - now's a great time for mom to go to local news and get her name out there. I wish she'd come forward, all the hush hush secrecy about her identity and the circumstances only makes me question the timeline now that we know that Terry is Arieanna's dad and that he allegedly disposed of her body. I wish LE would give us a few crumbs.

She's been asked by LE not to do any interviews, imo. Also, if I'm not mistaken, public searches haven't been approved.

ITA!

I agree, somehow a momentum needs to be generated to find Arieanna. I think the only way it will be generated is what I stated. This poor child deserves to be found regardless of how she died. It looks very strange that nothing is happening. Where are the cadaver dogs???? It makes me more convinced we are missing a major component of this case.

She's been asked by LE not to do any interviews, imo. Also, if I'm not mistaken, public searches haven't been approved.
I am not aware of any interview the mother has done. I do not think they can prevent organized public searches but I will double check tomorrow and report back with that confirmed information.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. What I meant was that in order to keep Arieanna in people's minds it would be helpful for her to do msm interviews. I don't mean she needs to discuss the case - I'm sure LE has asked her not to - but rather to talk about Arieanna a bit and ask people to check their yards, sheds, etc.

The FB page she helps run has already posted flyers asking homeowners to check their property so it wouldn't harm the case. Also I haven't heard anything about recent searches by LE so I'm not sure that public searches would be so bad at this point anyway.

Mom posted her open letter to Arieanna on social media so I have to assume she wants to keep Arieanna in the public's eye. And she tagged the local news outlets in the post. All I'm saying is that going directly to them instead would help keep Arieanna's case from fading away.

WS doesn’t allow posts from personal FB accounts. If there is a missing FB page that has been set up and approved, posts can be referenced from those. I think there is one, but don’t know the name right off.

There are updates on Facebook.com/JusticeForBabyArieanna.

Some people aren’t comfortable being on tv. She has other young children at home she has to think about too. I can’t imagine the agony she’s dealing with. I would keep out of the public’s eye too. Especially with one of AT’s male relatives possibly involved.

Parents of missing kids are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. We’ve seen it all too often. If they speak out their words and mannerisms are dissected. If they stay quiet people accuse them of hiding things.

I am not aware of any interview the mother has done. I do not think they can prevent organized public searches but I will double check tomorrow and report back with that confirmed information.

Oh I know that she hasn't done any interviews. I believe there's a reason why she hasn't and I believe that reason is LE. I don't think it's because she doesn't want to do one or that there are nefarious reasons behind her not doing one.

There's a lot going on behind the scenes. There are things that only people close to the situation know. We're not entitled to any answers to any questions we might have. LE has given us his last known locations and I think that's all the public really needs to know.

With that said, Arieanna absolutely needs to be in MSM more. Daily. Multiple times per day. She deserves that.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. What I meant was that in order to keep Arieanna in people's minds it would be helpful for her to do msm interviews. I don't mean she needs to discuss the case - I'm sure LE has asked her not to - but rather to talk about Arieanna a bit and ask people to check their yards, sheds, etc.

The FB page she helps run has already posted flyers asking homeowners to check their property so it wouldn't harm the case. Also I haven't heard anything about recent searches by LE so I'm not sure that public searches would be so bad at this point anyway.

Mom posted her open letter to Arieanna on social media so I have to assume she wants to keep Arieanna in the public's eye. And she tagged the local news outlets in the post. All I'm saying is that going directly to them instead would help keep Arieanna's case from fading away.

I hope locals will check their property. That always seems like something LE should advise people to do.

There are updates on Facebook.com/JusticeForBabyArieanna.

Some people aren’t comfortable being on tv. She has other young children at home she has to think about too. I can’t imagine the agony she’s dealing with. I would keep out of the public’s eye too. Especially with one of AT’s male relatives possibly involved.

Parents of missing kids are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. We’ve seen it all too often. If they speak out their words and mannerisms are dissected. If they stay quiet people accuse them of hiding things.

This is such a good point. Too many tears. Not enough tears. Said too much. Didn't say enough. Seemed to be trying too hard.

This is why I declined every interview I was asked to do.

Let's just say this much- if LE says no public searches- they mean it. People have been arrested in the past or threatened arrest, for trying to search on their own.

MOD NOTE

Do not blame Arieanna's mother for this horrible crime. Websleuths is a victim-friendly forum and Arieanna's mother is a victim in this case. Keep your non-victim-friendly thoughts to yourselves or you will receive warning points or a TO.

And do not sleuth family members or hint that you are sleuthing family members. That's a TOS violation.

Let's just say this much- if LE says no public searches- they mean it. People have been arrested in the past or threatened arrest, for trying to search on their own.
I can't find where LE said the public was not allowed to search. I know the grandmother asked people to but LE didn't respond either way. The officer (sheriff?) didn't say anything about it during the September 12 PC nor did RPD on the September 14 FB update.

Of course I may have missed a statement but if LE didn't say no to public searches then I think it was more like a combination of no one thinking to organize one along with the severe weather during that time. In the first PC there were only two or three questions from reporters. I'm used to seeing them all scrambling to get their questions in so it was surprising to see the PC end so quickly for lack of questions.

Then again missing baby cases vs. toddlers tend to flow differently. Maybe people feel helpless since a baby can't get around on its own? Where do you even start to look?

P.S. I'm not saying anyone should have organized searches.

Is this thread still about Arieanna or about the posters on this thread?

Complaining about or discussing moderation on a thread is a major TOS violation that results in an automatic TO.

What a shame to want to help a victim's family and then decide not to because one's feelings got hurt and then making a public announcement on a crime sleuthing forum about it.

If anyone wants to help the family out of the kindness of his of her heart, just do it. Don't make it about yourselves or your feelings. That's not a sincere act of kindness. Looking for recognition for being helpful is not altruistic.

And finally, keep in mind that we have victims of other, possibly similar, crimes posting on Websleuths and it is very offensive to them to read sanctimonious statements about what someone who has not walked in their shoes would supposedly do if that person were ever in such a horrible situation.

This post falls at random.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purpleflowerrrs
Back