Found Deceased VA - Avriel Hooks, 20, last seen by mom who drove her home from work - Lynchburg, 22 Aug 2023 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ifindedout

Reaction score

Ashley Pittman last saw her daughter, Avriel Hooks, on Tuesday night around 8 p.m. when she drove Avriel home from work.

A surveillance photo shows what Avriel was wearing at work that night- a black tank top, black leggings, and pink nail polish.

[...]

Hooks' mother says she received a text from her around 6 a.m. the morning she was reported missing-- but Pittman doesn't think her daughter sent it.

"The text message didn't seem like the way she would text. It sounded off," she said.

The text said she was at a friend's house and needed some "me time," which Hook's parents said wasn't their daughter's way of speaking.

1693032132712.png

Lynchburg Police Facebook:

(See response by KE to comment by AL)

Ashley Pittman last saw her daughter, Avriel Hooks, on Tuesday night around 8 p.m. when she drove Avriel home from work.

A surveillance photo shows what Avriel was wearing at work that night- a black tank top, black leggings, and pink nail polish.

[...]

Hooks' mother says she received a text from her around 6 a.m. the morning she was reported missing-- but Pittman doesn't think her daughter sent it.

"The text message didn't seem like the way she would text. It sounded off," she said.

The text said she was at a friend's house and needed some "me time," which Hook's parents said wasn't their daughter's way of speaking.
Also in the article:

That was not the case though when it came to her 5-month-old son.

Her sister, Lydia Page, says Avriel loves being a mother and would never have left her child on purpose.

Her sister, Lydia Page, says Avriel loves being a mother and would never have left her child on purpose.

"She would never let that baby out of her sight at all. She would hold that baby, she held that baby constantly," Page said. "He had the stuff he needed, that's all that mattered to her. She could care less about herself."
Where is the baby?

Also in the article:

That was not the case though when it came to her 5-month-old son.

Where is the baby?
Edit because misread

Last edited:
Okay, I feel like we are missing here a good chunk of story. As in, the article states mom saw Avriel for the last time when she was driving her home from work. So how did Avriel vanish? Did they stopped somewhere mid-drive, she left for whatever reason to not return? Did they arrive at home, Avriel left the car but did not enter the house? What exactly happened and where does the surveillance pic come from?

Okay, I feel like we are missing here a good chunk of story. As in, the article states mom saw Avriel for the last time when she was driving her home from work. So how did Avriel vanish? Did they stopped somewhere mid-drive, she left for whatever reason to not return? Did they arrive at home, Avriel left the car but did not enter the house? What exactly happened and where does the surveillance pic come from?
The article says that the surveillance photo shows what she was wearing at work, so I'm assuming it was taken while she was working.

I agree that there are missing details. Her mom drove her home, and it doesn't say anything about her leaving before that, so I'm just assuming that she went inside her residence. I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like Avriel and her mom don't live together, and that the mom took A to her residence and then drove on to her own res.

I'm wondering if Avriel lives alone, with the baby's father or a roommate. Does the baby live with her?

Troubling quote from her mother (bolding by me on the part I found concerning/jarring) : “I just beg and beg and beg. If there's any humanity left on this Earth-- to just someone... if you saw something. If you have a doorbell camera and you live near Gate and Oxford. If you recycle and you go to the recycling bins, check them," she said. "Just find her.”

Troubling quote from her mother (bolding by me on the part I found concerning/jarring) : “I just beg and beg and beg. If there's any humanity left on this Earth-- to just someone... if you saw something. If you have a doorbell camera and you live near Gate and Oxford. If you recycle and you go to the recycling bins, check them," she said. "Just find her.”
Quite specific

She was arrested in March 2022 for "simple assault of family member."

I don't have Social Media accounts, so I can't see the full content, but these are links to Avriel's Instagram & TikTok:

I don't have Social Media accounts, so I can't see the full content, but these are links to Avriel's Instagram & TikTok:

Thanks for finding that. <modsnip - sleuthing family/friends> (by the way, both links are to Instagram. If you have her ticktock, can you link it?)

Last edited by a moderator:

LYNCHBURG, Va. (WSET) — The missing woman from Lynchburg's family is planning a special service.

20-year-old Avriel Hooks has been missing for almost a week. Now, the mother of Hooks, Ashley Pittman, is planning a prayer service this Tuesday.

Pittman tells us that she doesn't want her daughter to slip through the cracks. Sunday, Pittman said, "don't forget her, please continue to share her story."

We reached out to Lynchburg Police for an update, but they said they aren't releasing anything else at this time.

The service will begin at 7:15 PM on Tuesday at Pittman's home at 1820 Florida Avenue.

On Sunday, LPD Detectives with help from the Virginia Department of Emergency Management, searched an area in the City of Lynchburg where Hooks frequently travelled. At this time, Hooks has not been found and her whereabouts remain unknown.
1693253896118.jpeg
Ashley Pittman, Avriel's mother, said the family is planning a prayer service at their home on Tuesday evening.

The service will begin at 7:15 p.m. at 1820 Florida Avenue.

A group of Lynchburg residents will meet at the corner of Mckinney Avenue and Fort Avenue at 9 a.m. to begin the search for Avriel

[URL unfurl="tru
The court records can be viewed at the government website with her name as the search. Looks like two separate incidents (different event dates, different months, same year), one listed as a "malicious wounding". I opened with the link to "online case - statewide" that's about the third one down. Case Status and Information

AUG 28, 2023
[...]

Sunday, August 27, 2023, detectives worked with the Virginia Department of Emergency Management to search an area in the City of Lynchburg where Hooks frequently traveled, but she still has not been found. Despite an extensive police search over the weekend, Hooks has not been found.

LPD says her lack of communication makes her disappearance suspicious.

Lynchburg community members are now coming together to try and help. It started with a Facebook post and now more than 50 people are volunteering to aid in the efforts.

[...]

If you want to help - the group will meet Tuesday at Ford and McKinney near Diamond Cuts at 9 am.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back