VA VA - Benjamin Coffey, 27, Gloucester, 31 Dec 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@JnRyan @ChatteringBirds - Are you interested in looking into this case? I'm about three hours away from it. I can try to compile what information is available and who the current points of contact are. It sounds like we have some questions on this thread that are answerable if we ask the right people.

I live in Tappahannock and am interested in helping out any way I possibly can. You can email me directly at jlouellen90@gmail.com.

These are the questions I have.

Was there proof that Ben made it home?

Was the dog with Ben at the party?

Was the party in Richmond?

The dog is what’s really strange and doesn’t make sense to me.

DEC 5, 2022
Ben Coffey

ben_coffey.jpg

Ben Coffey was in Gloucester, Virginia, when he last spoke to a friend around dinnertime on New Year’s Eve 2012. Ben, who was 27 at the time, told the friend he was going home for the night because he was tired. He never made it home. The next day, according to the Virginia State Police, authorities found Ben’s 1998 Dodge van in Tappahannock, Virginia, about an hour away from where Ben was last seen. There were numerous personal items belonging to him found inside the van, including his dog, Clue. The dog was taken to a nearby animal shelter before being returned to Ben’s family. Special Agent Angie Witt with the Virginia State Police confirmed to Dateline via email that Ben's case is still active. Each year around the anniversary of his disappearance, Ben’s family posts on the 'Help Us Find Ben Coffey' Facebook page about the pain they still feel and their gratitude for those who have helped search for Ben or offered prayers. Ben is described as being 5’6” and weighs approximately 150 lbs. He has short brown hair, hazel eyes, and the symbol for the band “COHEED CAMBRIA” tattooed on his right arm. He was last seen wearing a tan Carhartt brand jacket, jeans, and leather boots. Anyone with information on Ben’s disappearance is asked to contact the Virginia State Police at (804) 609-5483.

Quite a bit of background information on Benjamin here:

Jan 13, 2013

Jan 6, 2013

April 10, 2013

Quite a bit of background information on Benjamin here:

Jan 13, 2013

Jan 6, 2013

April 10, 2013
Thanks for this as we need the thread bumped up again. Still nothing from local PD or VSP.

About the only thing I see in the last year on Ben. NBC's Missing in America series. And it is from 2018.
Somewhere in the past posts LE says they have CCTV footage of the van being parked and Ben is not in the footage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC
Back