VA - Boy, 6, in custody after shooting teacher, Newport News, Jan 2023 *mom charged* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dr. Ebony Parker was the assistant principal at Richneck on Jan. 6.

….
Parker’s attorneys filed a motion on Wednesday to stay discovery – or hold off on the parties in the lawsuit collecting evidence – because a special grand jury is investigating the actions of certain employees on the day of the shooting. The motion states that if Parker responds to discovery in the civil case, she may provide the grand jury with evidence to use against her in the criminal investigation.

Dr. Ebony Parker was the assistant principal at Richneck on Jan. 6.

….
Parker’s attorneys filed a motion on Wednesday to stay discovery – or hold off on the parties in the lawsuit collecting evidence – because a special grand jury is investigating the actions of certain employees on the day of the shooting. The motion states that if Parker responds to discovery in the civil case, she may provide the grand jury with evidence to use against her in the criminal investigation.

"lawfare" at it's finest... MOO

Using the court/judicial system to protect your guilty status from being known...

Sigh.....we are here...

Moo and Peace

"lawfare" at it's finest... MOO

Using the court/judicial system to protect your guilty status from being known...

Sigh.....we are here...

Moo and Peace
Ebony know darn well what she didn't do and how she is responsible for what happened to Abbie. It would be great to see someone take responsibility here. Smh.

Right! The school failed him by not putting him in the appropriate setting. Can kids this young be psychopaths? I mean it has to start somewhere. I would think a normal 6 year old who did this to be scared and crying.

I think some people are born that way, and others develop it through childhood abuse/trauma. IMHO.

Someone posted this article to the Letby thread the other week; thought it might be of interest, here. If this child struggles with the same issues, it shows what kind of intensive intervention is possibly needed. Far more than a parent present for half days in a regular classroom.

MOO

Last edited:
Someone posted this article to the Letby thread the other week; thought it might be of interest, here. If this child struggles with the same issues, it shows what kind of intensive intervention is possibly needed. Far more than a parent present for half days in a regular classroom.

MOO

I read this article when it first came out and tonight recognized it immediately. Thank you for sharing it.

It's such a complex and emotionally colored issue. I have six children and unfortunately my 2nd oldest son has his issues. I love him very much. It's been difficult and heartbreaking not just for us but also for him.

I wish I'd read this article like 25 years ago. I wish therapeutic understanding existed back then. I hope services like those described will increase in availability so children and their families can benefit.

*Edited to say he is not overtly violent nor ever charged with a crime!! He simply has zero empathy & no understanding of "normal" boundaries & behavior.

Last edited:

MOO

Does anyone think this six-year boy is receiving specialized treatment? or just tossed back into the public school system?

Does anyone think this six-year boy is receiving specialized treatment? or just tossed back into the public school system?
If he is just tossed back into that school system then it needs to be shut down and control of it taken over by the state. Something is seriously wrong and I hope parents and teachers come forward and demand change.

If he is just tossed back into that school system then it needs to be shut down and control of it taken over by the state. Something is seriously wrong and I hope parents and teachers come forward and demand change.

How we would know?
Since he is a minor we'll never know.
Not sure our government has the ability to deal with these types of issues properly.
How does society prevent this from happening again?

I find it hard to believe with a disciplinary record that this kid has, that he'd be allowed back into a government school.

I don't know what it's like in the states now but, for those who work in the US government school system, is it common to just allow students who tried to kill their teachers (twice, if we include the teacher he tried to choke) to be allowed back into regular classes?

I find it hard to believe with a disciplinary record that this kid has, that he'd be allowed back into a government school.

I don't know what it's like in the states now but, for those who work in the US government school system, is it common to just allow students who tried to kill their teachers (twice, if we include the teacher he tried to choke) to be allowed back into regular classes?
It is normal to have all types of violence in schools in the U.S. (I have taught since 1992).

Students who transfer to new schools have a cumulative record that is supposed to include academic, behavioral, and attendance records. A student with a 504 or IEP, those records also go. Unfortunately, the new school is at the mercy of the prior school keeping records. Sometimes students cumulative record files get lost, or parts of it get lost. So I can see how this might accidentally happen on purpose if someone wasn't honest or professional and felt they had something to hide... However, with the mother and grandfather's names publicized, I don't know how a school in the area would not know exactly who they had.

As an example, this week I was in a student study team meeting in which a child's prior school was ready to do testing and planned for an IEP (Individualized education plan). However, the child went to a charter school for 2 years, and they did not follow through on this plan. So here she is, 2 years later, at yet another school, and we're starting the testing/iep process all over. Very sad.

I do not know, I would hope NOT.

Right! The school failed him by not putting him in the appropriate setting. Can kids this young be psychopaths? I mean it has to start somewhere. I would think a normal 6 year old who did this to be scared and crying.

By the time he turned 5, Michael had developed an uncanny ability to switch from full-blown anger to moments of pure rationality or calculated charm — a facility that Anne describes as deeply unsettling. “You never know when you’re going to see a proper emotion,” she said. She recalled one argument, over a homework assignment, when Michael shrieked and wept as she tried to reason with him. “I said: ‘Michael, remember the brainstorming we did yesterday? All you have to do is take your thoughts from that and turn them into sentences, and you’re done!’ He’s still screaming bloody murder, so I say, ‘Michael, I thought we brainstormed so we could avoid all this drama today.’ He stopped dead, in the middle of the screaming, turned to me and said in this flat, adult voice, ‘Well, you didn’t think that through very clearly then, did you?’ ”

(I’ve gifted this article, BTW — so it’s not behind a paywall.)

Prosecutors seeks to revoke bond for for mother of 6 year old.

Gift article—no paywall

Federal prosecutors are seeking to revoke the bond of the mother whose 6-year-old son shot and wounded a teacher at a Virginia elementary school, alleging the woman failed drug tests and missed treatment sessions while she was free awaiting sentencing in a gun case related to the high-profile incident, according to court filings.

Prosecutors seeks to revoke bond for for mother of 6 year old.

Gift article—no paywall

Federal prosecutors are seeking to revoke the bond of the mother whose 6-year-old son shot and wounded a teacher at a Virginia elementary school, alleging the woman failed drug tests and missed treatment sessions while she was free awaiting sentencing in a gun case related to the high-profile incident, according to court filings.

Well, color me surprised..... :rolleyes:

By the time he turned 5, Michael had developed an uncanny ability to switch from full-blown anger to moments of pure rationality or calculated charm — a facility that Anne describes as deeply unsettling. “You never know when you’re going to see a proper emotion,” she said. She recalled one argument, over a homework assignment, when Michael shrieked and wept as she tried to reason with him. “I said: ‘Michael, remember the brainstorming we did yesterday? All you have to do is take your thoughts from that and turn them into sentences, and you’re done!’ He’s still screaming bloody murder, so I say, ‘Michael, I thought we brainstormed so we could avoid all this drama today.’ He stopped dead, in the middle of the screaming, turned to me and said in this flat, adult voice, ‘Well, you didn’t think that through very clearly then, did you?’ ”

(I’ve gifted this article, BTW — so it’s not behind a paywall.)

Since this excellent article was written, there have been advances in treatment for young psychopaths, although it’s still a tough road.

From 2017—

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416
Back