GUILTY VA - Callen Mullins, 3, beaten to death, Glade Hill, 12 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/f...cle_c2882678-89e5-5fa2-89ac-41168107f479.html

(snip)

Initially, authorities identified Hope and David Perdue as the child’s foster parents but were later informed that the children in the home had not been placed there as part of foster care.

Young said the department is working to determine the relationship between the Perdues and the children.
----------------
more at link

I see now that she wasn't fostering the little one. Sorry for my rant on fostering/adoption I didn't see this link until I had posted. :blushing:

Still, whatever the relationship, she appears to have been the caregiver to him.

I wonder if the birth mum knew Hope as a friend or something?

I see now that she wasn't fostering the little one. Sorry for my rant on fostering/adoption I didn't see this link until I had posted. :blushing:

Still, whatever the relationship, she appears to have been the caregiver to him.

I wonder if the birth mum knew Hope as a friend or something?

i don't blame you for your rant my friend......maybe not this case, but any case that has a foster parent at fault besmirches all the wonderful loving fosters out there that give peace and stability to little lost souls in need of shelter.......

i'm not surprised to learn you have opened your heart and home to a child......i knew you had a good soul :hug:
thank you for being that type of a person, the world needs more of you :heartbeat:

callen--1--jpg.jpg

Callen--4--jpg.jpg

Callen--5--jpg.jpg

callen--2--jpg.jpg

:rose: justice for callen
:rose: strength to those that love him

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/f...cle_c2882678-89e5-5fa2-89ac-41168107f479.html

(snip)

Initially, authorities identified Hope and David Perdue as the child’s foster parents but were later informed that the children in the home had not been placed there as part of foster care.

Young said the department is working to determine the relationship between the Perdues and the children.
----------------
more at link

I too apologize for my rant about foster parents because I didn't see Queen Bee's post before I went off. lillybell I'm with you..I would like to know if the bio mom and Hope were friends. If they were I'm sure she knew her kids would be exposed to drugs and alcohol. Since we don't know what the circumstances were that convinced the bio mom that this was better than being with her, maybe she thought this would be best. Whatever her problems were she could have thought DSS may take her kids away from her and put them in foster care if she called. Unfortunately, now that's not possible. Such a heavy burden for both the women to bear.

Prayers and JMO

Mullins, Callen Lee

posted 2 weeks ago May 15th, 2015

Mullins, Callen Lee

Callen Lee Mullins, three year old son of Adam Mullins and Carol Bates, of Rocky Mount, Va., passed away tragically on Tuesday, May 12, 2015.

Callen always had a smile for everyone, never met a stranger, was full of energy, loved the outdoors and his precious cars. He was a big fan of Oreo cookies, "G's" flyswatter, and had a great love for all animals especially his dog, Little Bit, or better known to him as Damm Itt. Callen loved life as all little boys with a smile to brighten the dullest day and to the fullest. He is loved by so many and will be missed by all.

In addition to his parents, he is also survived by his loving brothers, Dylan Bates and Caden Mullins; grandparents, Gerald and Pat Mullins, Cheryl and Bobby Bailey; great-grandmother, Wanda Walters; uncles, Brett Mullins (Lisa), Ivis "Nathan" Prillaman Jr.; aunts, Christi Cook (Lee) and Courtney Prillaman; numerous cousins and other family members and friends.

Funeral Services will be conducted at 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 16, 2015, from Conner-Bowman Funeral Home with Milford Witt, Minister officiating. Interment will follow in Franklin Memorial Park. Callen's family will receive friends from 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday, May 15, 2015, at Conner-Bowman Funeral Home and other times at the home of Callen's grandparents, G and Pat Mullins.

Arrangements by Conner-Bowman Funeral Home, 62 VA Market Place Drive (Route 220 at Wirtz Road), Rocky Mount, Va., 540-334-5151. www.connerbowman.com

http://www.roanoke.com/obituaries/m...cle_f167d867-13fd-5249-be28-e16e57e636be.html

:rose:

Police: Toddler died of blunt force trauma

The medical examiner's office in Roanoke has determined that 3-year-old Callen Mullins died of blunt force trauma.

The toddler died May 12 at a residence on Old Franklin Turnpike in Glade Hill after being found unconscious by his male caretaker, David Perdue, according to Lt. Phillip Young with the Franklin County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.thefranklinnewspost.com/article.cfm?ID=30044

:rose: callen......gone too soon :heartbeat:
:rose: strength to those that love him

August trial date set for Hope Perdue - November 2016

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/franklin_county/august-trial-date-set-for-hope-perdue/article_e601805e-41d7-5050-8677-b8f51835fdb1.html

An August 2017 court date has been set for the trial of Hope McVey Perdue, a Franklin County woman accused of killing a young child who was in her care.

Perdue’s jury trial on charges of first-degree murder and child abuse is slated to start Aug. 14 and last five days.

That’s roughly two years and three months after 3-year-old Callen Mullins was found dead of blunt force trauma in the Glade Hill home of Perdue and her husband, David Perdue.

Mental health expert to analyze Franklin County woman accused of killing a toddler - January 2017

http://wsls.com/2017/01/25/mental-health-expert-to-analyze-franklin-county-woman-accused-of-killing-a-toddler/

Hope Perdue, who is charged in the death of 3-year-old Callen Mullins, appeared in court on Wednesday for a motions hearing.

Lawyers agreed to have a mental health expert analyze the Franklin County woman accused of killing a toddler.

Both defense attorney David Furrow and Franklin County Commonwealth’s Attorney Allen Dudley addressed Judge Clyde Perdue. The two sides stated they had come to an agreement to allow Hope Perdue’s cell phone to be tested for relevant information that may be used during the trial. In addition, they agreed a mental health expert will be allowed to testify.

Perdue trial delayed again

http://www.thefranklinnewspost.com/news/perdue-trial-delayed-again/article_58453056-7393-11e7-ba75-2faece7ed675.html

The case was set for a five-day trial, to start Aug. 14, but last week her lawyers sought and were granted a continuance to allow them more time to find a neuropsychiatrist who can appear as an expert witness.

They also filed a motion seeking permission to take jurors to the crime scene during the trial, a choice they said was “vital” to her defense, although they acknowledged it could prove time consuming. By law, that move would require the defendant, currently being held without bond, to be transported to the scene as well.

“I do think it’s fair to say that, in light of the anticipated length of the trial and the court’s existing caseload, a trial dated 2018 is likely,” Commonwealth’s Attorney A.J. Dudley said Thursday.

Defense granted more money in case of woman accused of killing toddler

http://wset.com/news/local/defense-granted-more-money-in-case-of-woman-accused-of-killing-toddler

In court today, Perdue's attorneys said they needed about $27 thousand for experts and investigators, one of which costs nearly $700 an hour.

The prosecution is not happy about the extra costs.

"These fees, I mean they just keep multiplying. And the commonwealth's concern is that they'll continue multiplying. And at some point, there's a line where the amount of money that the commonwealth spends for the indigent defendent is not reasonable," said Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Kim Banta.

They also discused if her trial be a first or second degree murder case. Perdue has been indicted on both charges. The judge will decide that closer to Perdue's trial in March.

Hope Perdue convicted, sentenced to serve 20 years in child's death in Franklin County

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/franklin_county/hope-perdue-convicted-sentenced-to-serve-years-in-child-s/article_6ede7919-520b-53ba-a3e8-a662f3dfb503.html

Bearing both a stern gaze and quietly spilled tears on her cheeks, Hope McVey Perdue struck a surprise agreement with Franklin County prosecutors early Friday afternoon, entering an Alford plea to a reduced charge of second-degree murder.

Perdue, 31, was given a 40-year sentence, with that time to be suspended after she serves 20 years in prison. As part of her agreement, prosecutors dropped both the higher murder charge as well as one count of child abuse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24
Back