VA VA - Cassandra Morton, 23, Lynchburg, 10 Nov 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was an autopsy released - or detail of the condition of Cassandra's body?
Was DNA found?
Is there a map of her home-base and the location of the body (other than the generic Candlers Mountain)?
Is there record of her movements on 10th October 2009?
Did she have a vehicle or would she have taken a cab?
Have phone records been checked? Pings?

Was an autopsy released - or detail of the condition of Cassandra's body?
Was DNA found?
Is there a map of her home-base and the location of the body (other than the generic Candlers Mountain)?
Is there record of her movements on 10th October 2009?
Did she have a vehicle or would she have taken a cab?
Have phone records been checked? Pings?

I've found the links...
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loc...cle_5cd59792-8c32-5c35-ab11-924e06468aa1.html

IMO this needs to be tagged with Morgan Harrington case and the Liberty University connection. Also a possibility of a connection with POI, Jesse Leroy Matthew (Hannah Graham thread).

I think the Liberty University connection is too strong of a coincidence for Ms. Morgan's murder not to be possibly connected to JLM.

With the connection made between Jesse Leroy Matthew and the Morgan Harrington case, IMO it is only a matter of time before the Morton family also find some resolution.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/29/hannah-graham-morgan-harrington-connection/

I have an inkling she may be connected with JM. We need to find some new informational links, most here don't work anymore. They go to current news stories. I wanted to read the link on page 1, "gruesome remains found" in particular. We want to know if the perp was very violent, if bones were broken like MH.

How sad Cassandra only has 2 pages after all this time. She was a young beautiful mother.
Where did she live for starters, don't even find that.

:lookingitup: :gaah: :websleuther: :websleuther:

Ok, I remember that detail about the apparent beheading noted in the link just above this. Yeah, it was violent alright, "hopefully" occurred after she was deceased. They've always said mothers fight harder. Disturbing.

She didn't have a particular routine so it was difficult to follow any footsteps she may have taken that day or leading up to it.

:scared: :notgood:

LE needs to check for JM's DNA on her for sure. She is so forgotten they may need reminding to do it.

:tears:

I've found the links...
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loc...cle_5cd59792-8c32-5c35-ab11-924e06468aa1.html

I find Jerry Falwell Jr.'s comment in the article to be sadly ironic, under the circumstances;
“I think any time you have a large, undeveloped tract of land near a city — and we have the largest by far — I think it’s not uncommon for somebody to try to hide a misdeed or crime … in a wooded area,” he said.
The university has “almost a non-existent violent crime rate,” he said.

"Capt. Billy Crowe told the station that Matthew isn't a suspect, but said, "we're just running it down to see if there's any possibility of any kind of link." Investigators are looking at Matthew's financial statements and cell phone records to see if he was near Lynchburg at the time of Morton's murder, reports the station. The Campbell County sheriff told CBS affiliate WTVR that "the crime scenes were similar" in the Harrington and Morton cases. The murder of Morton, 23, remains unsolved. She was reportedly a mother of two.
Other disappearances have plagued the area in central Virginia in the past five years. Nineteen-year-old Samantha Ann Clarke, who vanished after leaving her Orange County town house in September 2010, 19-year-old DaShad Laquinn Smith, who disappeared in Charlottesville in November 2012, and 17-year-old Alexis Murphy, who was last seen near Lynchburg, Va. in August of 2013 and whose car was found in Charlottesville, remain missing."

video at link
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/reports-jesse-matthew-probed-in-more-virginia-cold-cases/

2550_News_TrinaAndGilEmbrace-660x335.jpg
“There is strength in numbers,” said Gil Harrington, pictured here embracing Alexis Murphy’s aunt, Trina Murphy (left). “We have a big number of people.” Photo: Help Save the Next Girl

"Preceding a moment of silence, Shavers read off the names of nine victims, all of whom have disappeared in the past four years along a path that roughly follows Route 29 from Northern Virginia south to the Roanoke area: Morgan Harrington, Alexis Murphy, Cassandra Morton, Samantha Clarke, Jamisha Gilbert, Dashad “Sage” Smith, Heather Hodges, Bethany Decker and Cara Marie Holley."

http://www.c-ville.com/call-to-acti...ople-gather-after-another-death/#.VC0-RvldW4o

An old article:

Central Virginia's unsolved homicides
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2011 10:27 PM EST
By Carrie J. Sidener

Snipped:

Investigators impounded a 1996 Chrysler sedan they believe Morton was riding in after they found trace evidence on the driver’s side door.

http://www.wsls.com/story/20847880/central-virginias-unsolved-homicides

I hadn't seen this detail before. Did Cassandra's perp run her off the road as a precursor to the attack? They're probably comparing that trace evidence to vehicles JM had access to during that time period.

Very sad that this lady got hardly any news coverage (and only one page on here - started 6 weeks after she went missing and only after her body was found).

I hope she is linked to JLM and the family get a bit of closure.

From what I have read VA has more than it's fair share of missing girls, perhaps that will now stop.

I hadn't seen this detail before. Did Cassandra's perp run her off the road as a precursor to the attack? They're probably comparing that trace evidence to vehicles JM had access to during that time period.

Hmm, that sounds reminiscent of RAT, or the Route 29 stalker.

Has RAT been ruled out? Tia.

(Near Liberty University, likely JM)

Unless there is some evidence, DNA or something found on Cassandra's body, even if there is suspicion, even if JM happened to be in the area at that time, I don't see how there can be charges filed. Even with some forensic evidence linking MH's case with Hannah's, LE has not filed any charges yet. The 2005 case was definitely linked to MH case. This case with Casandra Ann Morton has not been linked to either, or to any case in terms of forensic or DNA evidence, which leads me to believe that there will not be anything officially resolved unless the perp talks or someone with some real info steps up.

New article, family do not feel CM received as much attention as other missing and murdered women, but are upset to see her name back in the news..

http://wtkr.com/2014/10/12/lynchbur...heir-daughters-death-linked-to-jesse-matthew/

"LYNCHBURG, Virginia (CNN) — Cassandra Morton never became a household name like some of the other women. Not like Morgan Harrington. Or Hannah Graham.

Even for the people in the historically black Tinbridge Hill neighborhood of Lynchburg, where sense of community and oral history thrive, memories of Morton are hazy.

“Wasn’t she the girl whose body they found up on the mountain?” people ask.

Morton went missing on October 10, 2009. Several weeks later, a hiker discovered the 23-year-old’s decomposed body on Candlers Mountain, near Camp Hydaway, a retreat owned by Jerry Falwell’s Liberty University".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor
Back