VA VA - Cassandra Morton, 23, Lynchburg, 10 Nov 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This story makes me so sad. I live in Lynchburg and never heard about her body being found, nor did we hear about her being missing. The local media didn't do a very good job with this one :(

JM drove a 1996 Chrysler in Hannah Graham abduction.

Putting out a call: Did anyone in this group/on this thread know Miss Morton personally or know any of her friends? I've been trying to connect with folks and doing a lot of research. They don't want to talk. There is so little about her and I think I have collected everything I can. I'm from the area and have been studying this case for two years in hopes of putting something together ie: a blog. I went down there and did some foot work, knocked on doors and came to some conclusions. Still no c.o.d. after 9 years. Burial makes me think this was someone she knew and not a serial killer. Still looking at RAT and JM for it bc they knew the area. Any help at all much appreciated. I'm so glad to see posts about her. Thank you, Sarah

Thank you so much for posting this. I hadn't read this one and didn't even know it was out there.

Hard to say. This case is veiled in this cloak of mystery that makes absolutely no sense to me. They talked nothing about her life and disclosed so little about her death. It's been 9 years. That town barely remembers, at least not the people I've talked to. I would love to know more about who she was in her life. They've written only the negatives, ie: issues with men (alluding to sex work) and drugs. What about the good stuff? She was a person. She was a mother, daughter and friend and why don't we get to know more about that part? Anyway, if they could give us more about her life we could possibly come closer to finding her killer. The burial (she was covered by brush and rock in attempt to hide body) makes me think it's not an SK. I think she knew him.

My God. They did such a paltry job of covering this. Had it not been for the murders of Graham and Harrington, she would've gotten even less coverage. Justice for Cassandra.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double
Back