VA - Chesapeake multiple people shot at Walmart, Nov 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Andre Bing, a team leader, started shooting employees in the break room.

Employee Briana Tyler said the overnight stocking team of 15 to 20 people had just gathered in the break room to go over the morning plan. She said the meeting was about to start, and a team leader said: “All right guys, we have a light night ahead of us,” when another team leader, who was identified by Walmart as Andre Bing, turned around and opened fire on the staff.

Walmart said in a statement that Bing was an overnight team leader and had been with the company since 2010.

11/23/22
WE GO LIVE AT 10:30 PM EASTERN.
We are learning more about the Walmart shooter.
New details from Moscow Idaho about student killings
Club shooter appears in court. We will have the latest.
Quinton Simon's Grandma Billie Joe received a horrible hand written note. We will discuss.

Sounds like a workplace shooting rather than terrorism, though workplace shootings are terrifying and tragic.
I agree that it was a workplace shooting. Likely (MOO) he held grudges over things unknown to us at this time. The gunman told an employee who had been on the job for only 5 days (not long enough to hate or want dead), after he'd already shot people and she was hiding under a table "Jessie, go home". That's about 4:15 in.

Virginia Walmart shooter was a longtime night manager who unnerved some employees, including a recent shouting match over unloading a truck, and covered his phone camera with tape bc he feared govt was watching him, co-workers tell me &

Quoting your post to give you credit for finding the info in the article first, and adding a different link as not everyone can access NY Times articles (I can't). :) I don't think this isn't the exact NY Times article, but I see some of the same things in the small snippet that the NYT's allows non-subscribers to view.

Snippets:

Andre Bing, the suspected gunman who worked as a night shift team leader, could be gruff with fellow employees and expressed paranoid views about the government, according to interviews with coworkers.

“He said a lot of disturbing things,” said Donya Prioleau, who said she was in the employee break room when Bing entered and opened fire unexpectedly.

<modsnip - copyright violation - more than 10% quoted - please see the article>

Last edited by a moderator:
Quoting your post to give you credit for finding the info in the article first, and adding a different link as not everyone can access NY Times articles (I can't). :) I don't think this isn't the exact NY Times article, but I see some of the same things in the small snippet that the NYT's allows non-subscribers to view.

Snippets:

Andre Bing, the suspected gunman who worked as a night shift team leader, could be gruff with fellow employees and expressed paranoid views about the government, according to interviews with coworkers.

“He said a lot of disturbing things,” said Donya Prioleau, who said she was in the employee break room when Bing entered and opened fire unexpectedly.

<modsnip - copyright violation - more than 10% quoted - please see the article>

This is disturbing… but what could have been done? I have and currently work with a very unstable person that we have to tiptoe around but what can we do, you know? It’s nothing that you could call police about. I guess that people could have told his family but it’s not like you know your co-worker’s families… :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Short Version of the post below. If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so at Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14

Hey Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting but this is important. Please do not post questions about this post on this thread. Go to THIS THREAD to ask questions.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

One of the biggest things I am thankful for is our wonderful moderators on Websleuths.

On a holiday like today, our mods will be here working hard to make sure your experience on Websleuths is the best experience you can have on any discussion forum,

You don't see the drama and the problems that our mods handle every minute on Websleuths. That's because our mods work to make sure to solve problems quickly so you can get back to discussing true crime;

If you can spare a dollar or more to donate to our moderators I would greatly appreciate it.

All of the money raised will go to the moderators.

If you are thankful to our mods and can make a donation that would be wonderful.
If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so at Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14

If you cannot make a donation could you please go to THIS THREAD and leave a kind comment for our mods.

In closing I want you to know how thankful I am to all of you who participate on Websleuths. You make Websleuths the most respected true crime discussion forum on the Internet. Thank you for all you do.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith/Owner Websleuths.com

This is disturbing… but what could have been done? I have and currently work with a very unstable person that we have to tiptoe around but what can we do, you know? It’s nothing that you could call police about. I guess that people could have told his family but it’s not like you know your co-worker’s families… :(

Does your workplace have an Employee Assistance Program? Might be a place to ask for help with this problem?

Although, I suppose that a business the size of Wal-Mart does have such a program.

One thing you could do is to try to find another job. I would definitely want to remove myself from having to be around a person like that. It just feels to me like people's mental health is deteriorating (MOO) and a some are like they are sitting on powder kegs about to go off. And then they do... :(

I wish you much luck in your current situation. :)

Does your workplace have an Employee Assistance Program? Might be a place to ask for help with this problem?

Although, I suppose that a business the size of Wal-Mart does have such a program.
Walmart does have such a program.

Walmart is launching Mental Health First Aid training that teaches associates how to identify, understand and respond to people who are struggling with mental health challenges. This four-hour training program, which will be available virtually and in-person at the Bentonville Walmart Home Office, will prepare associates to:
  • Recognize signs and symptoms and provide direct assistance and support
  • Properly reach out to emergency services on someone’s behalf
  • Implement the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan
  • Access emotional well-being benefits and resources
This is just the latest example of how we are reinforcing our commitment to the mental and emotional well-being of our associates.

Another article: Walmart Works to Prioritize Employee Mental Health

I don't know whether it was mandatory or not, but if it wasn't, I can see a lot of people not signing up for it unless there was some sort of monetary incentive that people felt was too good to turn down. MOO

Loved Ones Remember the Chesapeake Walmart Mass Shooting Victims: 'Awesome, Kind Individual'

Snippets...
Following the tragic mass shooting at a Chesapeake Walmart Tuesday night where six people were killed, those who knew the victims are remembering the lives lost.

On Wednesday, authorities confirmed the identities of five of the victims as Brian Pendleton, 38, Kellie Pyle, 52, Lorenzo Gamble, 43, Randy Blevins, 70, and Tyneka Johnson, 22.

One more victim's identity has not been made public because he was 16-years-old

The suspect, identified by Walmart as 31-year-old Andre Bing who was a manager at the store, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

In addition to the fatalities of the shooting, five people were also injured, with one being released from Sentara Norfolk General Hospital on Wednesday evening. Two people are still in critical condition as of Wednesday night, per Norfolk, Virginia's 13 News Now.

notify HR- even anonymously

We have more than one Walmart in Chesapeake so I was surprised that I really had to search to find out which one where this occurred. I have shopped at this location in years past, but since one has been built closer to the NC line I've been going to that one. I'm really at a loss as to why these occur.

Walmart does have such a program.

Walmart is launching Mental Health First Aid training that teaches associates how to identify, understand and respond to people who are struggling with mental health challenges. This four-hour training program, which will be available virtually and in-person at the Bentonville Walmart Home Office, will prepare associates to:
  • Recognize signs and symptoms and provide direct assistance and support
  • Properly reach out to emergency services on someone’s behalf
  • Implement the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan
  • Access emotional well-being benefits and resources
This is just the latest example of how we are reinforcing our commitment to the mental and emotional well-being of our associates.

Another article: Walmart Works to Prioritize Employee Mental Health

I don't know whether it was mandatory or not, but if it wasn't, I can see a lot of people not signing up for it unless there was some sort of monetary incentive that people felt was too good to turn down. MOO

With the stigma attached to mental health, I could see a lot of people not signing up for it thinking it could lead to diminished employment prospects. As a direct aside, it's hard for me to imagine someone who tapes their phone camera "because they think the government's watching them" taking active steps to resolve mental health issues.

Andre Bing — the accused gunman behind six killings at a Chesapeake, Virginia Walmart where he worked — left a manifesto blaming the deadly violence on "torment" by coworkers and demonic influences.

"Sorry God, I've failed you, this was not your fault but my own. I failed to listen to the groans of the holy spirit which made me a poor representation of You," Bing wrote in a note released Friday by Chesapeake police.

"A few months back I had overheard [REDACTED] talking to [REDACTED] and he told me that he had been trying to get rid of me since day one. After I heard that I lashed out. The associates gave me twisted grins, mocked me and celebrated my down fall the last day. That's why they suffer the same fate as me."

He closed the screed by claiming he was a "loving" person and saying that what he had wanted to find a wife but that he "didn't deserve one."

….

Tormented individual he was.

Is this paranoid schizophrenia?

Not familiar with different mental illnesses.

TIA

Police can also confirm that the suspect used a 9mm handgun. The gun was legally purchased from a local store on the morning of Tuesday, November 22, 2022. He had no criminal history.
Makes me wonder if the redacted name of the person he spared was Jessie since he did spare her by saying "Jessie, go home". She's the gal that was there for only 5 days before this went down. Not long enough to from an opinion of him like his other workmates did, so she very likely didn't pick on him like the others so wasn't bad in his mind, and didn't deserve to die. All MOO

I do hope she gets the help she needs as what she experienced was extremely jarring. I hope she can end up finding peace and be able to put this behind her, as hard as that may be to do. :(

I have an off-the-wall question. Since he killed people, and he blamed his parents for ignoring the signs of his social deficits... can they be held responsible for the deaths since he is now dead and he cannot be held responsible?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back