GUILTY VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022 *dad charged* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JUL 24, 2023
[...]

Along the ride, the group will stop at the well-known 'Codi fence' located outside of Codi's old home in Hampton off of Old Buckroe Road. That is where Strickland invites community members to come out and support the riders.

"Codi is our baby and we will never give up on him," she said. "And the riders need to be supported as well. So if [people] could come out and have signs and whatnot, that would be wonderful."

The ride will conclude with a cookout at the Retired Armed Forced Club at 398 Union St in Hampton.

"We're doing a big cookout. We're having a slideshow of Codi. We're doing certificates of appreciation," explained Strickland.

The group will also sell t-shirts and collect donations in Codi's name. Strickland says all donations will go directly to the National Center For Missing and Exploited Children and will not go through her.

[...]

Ughhh that whole family has been lying .I still don't understand bail on a murder charge . I hope there's justice for Codi jmoo
I agree and that entire family should be made to answer for failing in their duty to protect and care for Codi. Their inactions were just as negligent and abusive as the actions that ended his innocent life. Judgment Day exposes all and allows no excuses.

I agree and that entire family should be made to answer for failing in their duty to protect and care for Codi. Their inactions were just as negligent and abusive as the actions that ended his innocent life. Judgment Day exposes all and allows no excuses.
Is there evidence for that statement? Do we know how often the family saw Cory and his children? People may absolutely feel that the family is lying, but I still think that they are in disbelief that their brother did this. We have heard other families support their family member and hold out hope that the child may be found.

If my brother were accused of abusing and then killing one of his children, I would be in utter disbelief. I would need people to prove that to me a million different ways.

Now, I would also be leading the searches for that child, so I totally understand people's aggravation with that aspect of things.

MOO.

Is there evidence for that statement? Do we know how often the family saw Cory and his children? People may absolutely feel that the family is lying, but I still think that they are in disbelief that their brother did this. We have heard other families support their family member and hold out hope that the child may be found.

If my brother were accused of abusing and then killing one of his children, I would be in utter disbelief. I would need people to prove that to me a million different ways.

Now, I would also be leading the searches for that child, so I totally understand people's aggravation with that aspect of things.

MOO.
His family was all over the find Codi pages on fb in the beginning. His sister was caught in many conflicting statements and down right lies. I saw it myself while it was happening.

MOO.

You’re right I should have attached article that where the family had not seen Codi for some time. I’ll search now and attach.

Exactly and i should have included source for those who have not seen the info.
That family changes their bs story depending on what lie they are covering that day.i remember watching the searches on live stream before Cory was charged the family said/nothing. I am so glad the neighbourhood and Codi voice keep his name out there. The water team were amazing searching for Codi but no family help with that either. All though the family the lawyer and Bonnie Chapman's group made a big press conference that no one was given the address to to put out a reward for info on Codi but that got shut down real fast .I really just wanna know wheres Codi . Jmoo

Is there evidence about the family being negligent when it came to Cory and the kids? Not being snarky at all--I just don't remember that.

I’m having issues attaching articles referencing initial family statements that indicated no contact since a Thanksgiving telephone call.

I’ll keep trying to attach but will also list the articles, there’s several:
Daily Press Article, January 21, 2023

After a hearing on her brother’s mental competency in Hampton Circuit Court, Cory Bigsby’s sister, Tandaleyia Nicole Butler, told reporters the prosecution’s murder case against her brother — including that Codi was killed in June 2021 — doesn’t add up.

“I know for a fact that’s not possible,” she said of the time frame. “That’s a bald-faced lie.”

Butler, 48, said her brother’s four young sons — including Codi, who was then 3 — attended a gathering “at my house” in the D.C. area in September or October of 2021. The celebration, she said, marked the birthday of her and Cory’s late mother — Codi’s grandmother.

“We have a trampoline, and they were doing what all the kids do, playing,” Butler said of her nephews. “And in December, a relative was at his house, and Codi was very much alive.”

Butler said she was looking for pictures of the party that she said she would send to the Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot.

Hmmn, which was it - September or October? Wonder if those pictures have been produced? That would be a game changer if they could be authenticated. But I don't think she can back up her bluff (BFL). It will be something like- I have pictures, but as it turns out, Codi was just out of the camera view :rolleyes:

All JMO~

JUL 30, 2023
[...]

On Sunday, hundreds gathered for "A Ride For Justice" in honor of Codi. Nancy Strickland, founder of "We Are Codi's Voice," organized the ride, rallying hundreds of motorcyclists to travel from Williamsburg to Hampton.

Once in Hampton, the group stopped at Buckroe Pointe Apartments, where a memorial of Codi has been since he was first reported missing.

“...I’m not the only one that loves him," Strickland said among the hundreds of motorcyclists. “We have people from Florida. We have people from D.C. We have people from South Carolina. They’re everywhere to come out and show the love for this baby.”

The ride attracted bikers from all over. Cash traveled all the way from Atlanta to join.

“When I heard about it, I was just like, ‘I got to be a part of it.’ You know, I got to,” Cash said.

[...]

After a hearing on her brother’s mental competency in Hampton Circuit Court, Cory Bigsby’s sister, Tandaleyia Nicole Butler, told reporters the prosecution’s murder case against her brother — including that Codi was killed in June 2021 — doesn’t add up.

“I know for a fact that’s not possible,” she said of the time frame. “That’s a bald-faced lie.”

Butler, 48, said her brother’s four young sons — including Codi, who was then 3 — attended a gathering “at my house” in the D.C. area in September or October of 2021. The celebration, she said, marked the birthday of her and Cory’s late mother — Codi’s grandmother.

“We have a trampoline, and they were doing what all the kids do, playing,” Butler said of her nephews. “And in December, a relative was at his house, and Codi was very much alive.”

Butler said she was looking for pictures of the party that she said she would send to the Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot.

Hmmn, which was it - September or October? Wonder if those pictures have been produced? That would be a game changer if they could be authenticated. But I don't think she can back up her bluff (BFL). It will be something like- I have pictures, but as it turns out, Codi was just out of the camera view :rolleyes:

All JMO~
Why doesn’t this woman put her money where her mouth is? Why isn’t she out making this much of a fuss looking for her nephew? Why isn’t she using the reporters to keep the search of Codi on the front page of the newspapers? If she’s so sure her brother is innocent and that she has pictures of Codi after the date of his disappearance, why hasn’t she shown those photos to the press to publish all over the place?

Smoke and mirrors… that’s why.

Why doesn’t this woman put her money where her mouth is? Why isn’t she out making this much of a fuss looking for her nephew? Why isn’t she using the reporters to keep the search of Codi on the front page of the newspapers? If she’s so sure her brother is innocent and that she has pictures of Codi after the date of his disappearance, why hasn’t she shown those photos to the press to publish all over the place?

Smoke and mirrors… that’s why.
agree. we've been hearing about these alleged photos for months now but somehow, nobody has gotten around to locating and producing them?

Too busy out searching for Codi to spend an hour to track them down? Oh wait . . .

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005
Back