VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Heroine....Can you email me those pics? I cannot seem to open them on this thread. Just let me know...

Reviewing the time line, it does seem that all were already dead when the police first came to the house. I still think the police should have done a more thorough job, but it would not have saved any lives.

Hey Heroine....Can you email me those pics? I cannot seem to open them on this thread. My email is xyz@yahoo.com

The way I understand it, newbies can not see pics, can not send Private Messages etc. You need to make some more posts to be able to do that. But I would becareful about posting an email address like that on the internet. Spam spiders look for those. You might want to go back and edit it or the next thing you know your email box will be full of spam.

I finally saw the video this morning where Sam is heard saying "Jesus told me to do it". It is very eerie, especially the evil laugh he adds at the end.

I finally saw the video this morning where Sam is heard saying "Jesus told me to do it". It is very eery, especially the evil laugh he adds at the end.

Between that laugh and some of the comments made by his family, Sam is going to have a very difficult time escaping the death penalty.

I can ONLY imagine an insanity plea doing that for him....but even that seems like a very long shot.

Carey Bowen is probably one of the best defense attorneys in the state. It would be hard to speculate on the death penalty or life in prison. Its all going to depend on the evidence. We shall see....

Not to lay blame at her feet at all for anything, but Wells phone call to the pastor sets him on the path to his demise. If anything, I think the pastor was overly cavalier or less perceptive/suspicious of things than maybe he could've been.

Seems like with what Mrs Wells knew (repeated phones calls with Sam answering, husband waiting outside all day), the pastor should have taken some sort of pre-cautions in approaching the situation. What those would have been, I don't know.

Maybe take one of his parishioners with him to check on things.

Maybe if Mrs. Wells had called the pastor while her husband was sitting outside the house, the pastor and her husband could've entered together and it's far less likely that Sam is able to over-power both of them.

Even a simple "be careful" at the end of the phone call from Wells might've alerted the pastor to the possibility of what was to come.

Maybe because it was pastor's family and (fmr) house and Sam was ostensibly the pastor's daughter's boyfriend, Mrs Wells under-sold her concern when she talked to the pastor, for fear of offending the family.

Again, not to lay blame at Mrs Wells feet at all for anything.

Just seems like she was legitimately freaked by the situation and how or why the pastor didn't pick up on her level of concern, or at least didn't behave as tho he did, I don't know. Either the pastor was so disarmed by the time he spent with Sam or Mrs Wells phone call didn't resonate with him enough to alarm him that he appears simply to have been a sheep to the slaughter.

Not to lay blame at her feet at all for anything, but Wells phone call to the pastor sets him on the path to his demise. If anything, I think the pastor was overly cavalier or less perceptive/suspicious of things than maybe he could've been.

Seems like with what Mrs Wells knew (repeated phones calls with Sam answering, husband waiting outside all day), the pastor should have taken some sort of pre-cautions in approaching the situation. What those would have been, I don't know.

Maybe take one of his parishioners with him to check on things.

Maybe if Mrs. Wells had called the pastor while her husband was sitting outside the house, the pastor and her husband could've entered together and it's far less likely that Sam is able to over-power both of them.

Even a simple "be careful" at the end of the phone call from Wells might've alerted the pastor to the possibility of what was to come.

Maybe because it was pastor's family and (fmr) house and Sam was ostensibly the pastor's daughter's boyfriend, Mrs Wells under-sold her concern when she talked to the pastor, for fear of offending the family.

Again, not to lay blame at Mrs Wells feet at all for anything.

Just seems like she was legitimately freaked by the situation and how or why the pastor didn't pick up on her level of concern, or at least didn't behave as tho he did, I don't know. Either the pastor was so disarmed by the time he spent with Sam or Mrs Wells phone call didn't resonate with him enough to alarm him that he appears simply to have been a sheep to the slaughter.

I am thinking exactly along those lines...in fact, I think that the Police should have gone together with the pastor....

The defense attorney right now is focused entirely on avoiding the death penalty - that will be considered a win for him. Avoiding a trial is always a motivation by the state - getting details from the murderer is another motivator. About the only bargaining chip Sam has is to plead guilty and cooperate. I'm sure the defense attorney is talking up the insanity plea even though he knows the chances of winning on it are very slim. The state will also take into account what the families of the victims want - do they want to avoid years and years of re-living this in order to get the death penalty or do they want a plea and have it end in a reasonable amount of time? Right now, there is no upside to Sam saying a word. Information is power for him and, if he listens to his lawyer, he might get out of this alive.

If you want to do some interesting sleuthing...do a google search for Lildemondog....Sam had lots of stuff registered under that name...here is one, an online dating site:

http://mingle2.com/user/view/747714

Note his interests: Art, music and Gaming....nothing about his REAL passions...Horrorcore and death, though he does post his MySpace page

myspace.com/samakalemon

Hi Pixy:

I got a couple of questions for you if you do not mind.

Emma wrote on your MS page: im SOOO glad you got back home ok :]
i was worried about that in the car lol and i dont think i did which sucks assss

What did she mean?

Also, Emma got some text messages from someone at the SFTW concert, which seems to have made Sam jealous. Do you know who it was?

im SOOO glad you got back home ok :]
i was worried about that in the car lol
My ride left me there stranded and their car was full so they couldnt help me by giving me a ride.....

"i dont think i did which sucks assss "
I asked her if she had gotten any pics of me on stage with Stitchmouth

I am not sure about who wrote the text messages, i have it narrowed down to 2 ppl. But im scared to ask them.

I am thinking exactly along those lines...in fact, I think that the Police should have gone together with the pastor....

I agree with you here. I cant figure out why Mel's parents would drive so far, wait that long, drive back home without Melanie or without filing a police report.
Since they had last heard from her around 2am on the 15, 2am on the 16th a missing persons report should have been filed, IMO.

Which could mean that this time is also 16 hours off.

Kuriuz is NOT the other man, they were all just good friends, its not uncommon among our friends to tell each other that in a non romantic way like that as weird as it may sound to some.
and yes he is way better looking than sam lol

im SOOO glad you got back home ok :]
i was worried about that in the car lol
My ride left me there stranded and their car was full so they couldnt help me by giving me a ride.....

"i dont think i did which sucks assss "
I asked her if she had gotten any pics of me on stage with Stitchmouth

I am not sure about who wrote the text messages, i have it narrowed down to 2 ppl. But im scared to ask them.

Ok, that makes sense. I can imagine it would be awkward to ask..we know whoever it is is a musician that Emma was friends with before and she spent quite a bit of time talking to him at the concert. Or at least that is what Sam said to the taxi driver.

I heard the tribute song that Stichmouth (Tommy?) did for Mel and Emma and I liked it. Is he doing the singing as well as the rapping in the song? Or only the rapping? Whoever did the singing in that song has a good voice.

Pixy, I hope you are handling all of this stuff oK...Emma seems like a such a special girl...who just made a few bad decisions....it is such a shame.

One possibility, inspired by the reports that the pastor called the church treasurer after having spoken to Melanie's mother that Thursday afternoon and gave a false destination and false reason for his trip the evening he want to the Farmville house, is that, after hearing Mrs Wells concerns, the pastor formulates in his mind that something is wrong at the house, but something far less malevolent than triple homicide.

There are reports and even, I think, pics/videos of Emma/Melanie/Sam using various illegal substances (nothing hard, but drugs is drugs, to some extent, esp at that age).

Maybe after talking to Melanie's mother, the pastor concluded or thought something along the lines of:

the kids were left unsupervised by his estranged wife (how estranged was she? why wouldn't her cell phone be the pastor's go-to phone call after talking to Melanie's mother?) and engaged in a drinking and drug-using bender and Sam was covering for that...and so the pastor didn't want to take anyone else to the house, especially not law enforcement, and find his underage daughter, her barely legal friend and a 3rd below the drinking age kid and discover them raiding the family liquor cabinet and taking whatever substances they may have had or possibly brought back from the event in Michigan.

So he's worried about his daughter and Mrs Wells daughter, but he's also concerned about the ramifications of that sort of scenario getting out to the other kids' parents, his wife's community, his church and his community.

So he thought that there was something going on at the house, but thought he could and should handle it on his own to avoid scandal/embarrassment
or even legal action against his daughter should the police enter the home with or without him and find the kids in possession of/consuming illicit substances.

He may have even admonished Mrs Wells not to call the police just yet, to let him check out the situation first and he'd call her back?

Or the father was in communication with Sam that day and Sam somehow got him to come there on his own, guard down or not.

Or the father was just an naive, unsuspecting victim.

The latter SEEMS like the most likely, but it doesn't sit well with me, for some reason.

Kuriuz is NOT the other man, they were all just good friends, its not uncommon among our friends to tell each other that in a non romantic way like that as weird as it may sound to some.
and yes he is way better looking than sam lol

Okay, well we know it isn't him. :)

I might be off in my timeline, but I believe the father-pastor and all other victims were already dead by the time Wells calls the police and they make their first visit to the house around midnight Thursday (or 12 AM Friday morning).

I'm going by the timeline on page 1 of this thread. The pastor went to the house on Thursday, Sept. 17. This was the same day that Mel's father waited around for 7 hours, yet he still missed the pastor. I've been under the impression that the pastor went there later in the day, after Mel's mother called him. I can't imagine Sam telling the cops in a rural area that Mel is out at the movies at 12 midnight on a Thursday night, Friday morning. That's not a very plausible lie.

Between that laugh and some of the comments made by his family, Sam is going to have a very difficult time escaping the death penalty.

I can ONLY imagine an insanity plea doing that for him....but even that seems like a very long shot.

ITA. Virginia was not the state to commit such a horrific quadruple homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3