VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh--ha! I knew you had been doing the Google map thing, but that last one sounded so real, rather than... virtual. Cool.... :cool:

It feels so real!! haha!

Not unless you consider google maps prowling....haha! Google maps are the greatest, you can see everything as if you were there. Besides I'm just doing a little detective work here.... give me a break! haha! I have thought about riding down that road though, just haven't gotten around to it yet. :)
Edited to say don't get jealous, you can prowl too! ;)

A few times I have visited the scene of a high profile crime (boston strangler sites in boston; and, "fresher," the alley from where the Swedish nanny disappeared a few years ago and the dump site dumpster; a few sites in California), and I have been amazed each time at how much more I could glean from being right there and seeing the scene.

I'm going into this to encourage you to go scope out the Kelley house and anywhere else you might, related to the case. Then of course, come running back here and tell us! We deserve some kind of information.... at this point, it really can't hurt anyone, either. (Uh, but be careful, of course, as anywhere.)

And, since I can only virtually prowl in VA, you have to keep me on your cell phone with you the whole time. oh yeah.

ITA with tapu, come right back here and spill the beans. We need some beans! I'm really curious to know if what I think is the garage has a room over it.

I kept going a bit past those 2 driveways and found this barn right around the corner. We don't really know how many times he drove up and down that road either before maybe making a decision where to do the dumping, so he could have turned around at the end of the road a couple times before trying to turn around in the ditch. (which would explain why someone called in a suspicious car report) Anyway this barn looks like a pretty darn good place to me, It's old, unused, right at the edge of the road, so that could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it.
This road is full of crap like this. Only a few houses and most of them have long driveways way off the road. And there are a ton of those abandoned driveways and quite a few unused barns. Edited to say that from those 2 driveways and all through this section there aren't any signs of civilization. Unless of course we're now considering cows civilized.

Seems like a lot of places he might have stashed stuff out there if that's what he wanted to do. Given how far he drove out on Poorhouse Road and how little really is out there I find the "he got loss on the way to the freeway" scenario pretty hard to believe.

A forensic analysis of the home computer would be informative I expect.

Seems like a lot of places he might have stashed stuff out there if that's what he wanted to do. Given how far he drove out on Poorhouse Road and how little really is out there I find the "he got loss on the way to the freeway" scenario pretty hard to believe.

Me too, I can give you a screencap of the highway and where he would have had to turn and i don't see where he could have gotten confused. I mean that is right where the road merges to actually come onto 460 so knowing that how could he have thought he would have had to make a turn?

Oh, yeah, unless McCroskey sister's theory turns out to be true, he's going away forever.

I'm interested in whether his attorney is moving for a change in venue. Or, since he must be, I'm curious as to how that motion is decided.

Well if her theory was correct then the number one suspect for the set up would seem to be the person that made the call to SickTanick originally. One person suggested that was Synnister, but I have that noted as unconfirmed in my notes. I also don't see any evidence that this angle is being pursued by law enforcement so I imagine they don't really think it is true.

Yeah, like is there an obvious wood pile in the back of the Kelly home? Could you see in the back yard from that field next door?

Does anyone think the portion of the house to the left (when looking at the house from the street) could be the master bedroom? Maybe they converted the garage into a master and built the breeze way.

I think it would be VERY, VERY hard to prove heat of passion with three dead bodies and then the 4th...presents another problem which would be admissable yes?

Is this why he has only been charged with the Pastor's murder so far? Maybe they are waiting to review evidence before charging him with the other 3.

Regardless, he's go one premeditated murder charge of Emma's dad - that's enough for the DP.

In this state, can they still charge him for murder 1 and let the jury mitigate it down?

It is my understanding the girls were found upstairs in the house on the left. I have not heard where the father was found. The window of that room is still open after the crime clean up has come and gone.

Me too, I can give you a screencap of the highway and where he would have had to turn and i don't see where he could have gotten confused. I mean that is right where the road merges to actually come onto 460 so knowing that how could he have thought he would have had to make a turn?

Already looked at it myself, but others may want to see it ;)

And considering that there's about 3-1/2 hours between when the cops came to the house for the bogus basement intruder and when Sam was found in the ditch. That should have given him enough time to unload evidence.

It is my understanding the girls were found upstairs in the house on the left. I have not heard where the father was found. The window of that room is still open after the crime clean up has come and gone.

The girls...meaning Emma and Mel or all three women? The house on the left, you mean the smaller unit that looks like a converted garage?

I see a window that looks like there is an upstairs, but it must be a very small upstairs area.

The window is still open, that means you've driven by? I'm a curious cat.

Is that the room over what appears (to me) to be the garage on the left side of the house? Or is it part of the main house?

Thanks, and welcome to the board!

All 3 women were found in the upstairs room that looks like a garage. Not the main house.
When I was there years ago it was used as a bedroom. I don't know what this family used it for.

If that's true, then it seems he didn't move them towards the door. Still this might have been a temporary hiding location and he could have intended to move them again.

Or maybe he had other reasons for moving them there...

All 3 women were found in the upstairs room that looks like a garage. Not the main house.
When I was there years ago it was used as a bedroom. I don't know what this family used it for.

Is this room accessible from the main house? Or does one access it from the outside? The reason I ask is because sometimes people convert the area above the garage into an in-law suite, and I'm just trying to understand the house layout.

If that's true, then it seems he didn't move them towards the door. Still this might have been a temporary hiding location and he could have intended to move them again.

Or maybe he had other reasons for moving them there...

That's what I'm thinking, a hiding location. Or, possibly, to get the decay odor out of the main house. Which would explain why the cops didn't smell anything when they came by.

yes, I have been by the house many times, before and after the murders. The night of the discovery I was picking up my daughter at the local University when we noticed a lot of police activity. Unusual for our town.

Is this room accessible from the main house? Or does one access it from the outside? The reason I ask is because sometimes people convert the area above the garage into an in-law suite, and I'm just trying to understand the house layout.
Depending on which door the police used and which way the wind was blowing. The house is not small. If he closed doors upstairs and in the middle part it would be hard to smell it if you went to the front door on the main house side.

yes, it is accessible from the main house.

OK, so all three women were UPSTAIRS in one room.

They were not all sleeping up there. If killed in their sleep, how did he get them into one room and why was it an ustairs room? I'm going to assume for a moment that Emma and Mel were up there - Emma's bedroom maybe? So then how did Debra end up there?

If he was going to move a body, not likely he would take one UPstairs is it?

This is just perplexing. If he was going to move them for removal from the premises, this is an unlikely spot.

If he attacked them as they slept or were prone and defenseless, how did they all end up in the same room and if he moved one or more there, why move them upstairs? He doesn't seem like the physical type - just thinking of the effort involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETI20