VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh,I just looked it up ,it has two meaning,that's why I didn't get it...

1 : to be similar or identical; also : to be in agreement or harmony &#8212;used with to or with <changes that conform with our plans>
2 a : to be obedient or compliant &#8212;usually used with to <conform to another's wishes> b : to act in accordance with prevailing standards or customs <the pressure to conform>
...I always thought of it as # 2 the negative meaning,being pressured or obediant....but if I think of it as the first meaning "to be in agreement or harmony" then yeah,they conform.....

I'm going to change my killa cattle dog's name to Satan. AND walk around with a muzzle on him. 'Cause I am just that edgy.

lol,I like your avitar...oh but I was going to comment about something you said on the other thread,when you talked about your background and how you were the first to go to college.I think that makes you extraordinary,it's awesome...but I also think the average person does not have enough confidence or strong will or determination to break a cycle,it just takes a lot.
Not making it doesn't mean someone is dumb or lazy.....

oh,I just looked it up ,it has two meaning,that's why I didn't get it...

1 : to be similar or identical; also : to be in agreement or harmony —used with to or with <changes that conform with our plans>
2 a : to be obedient or compliant —usually used with to <conform to another's wishes> b : to act in accordance with prevailing standards or customs <the pressure to conform>
...I always thought of it as # 2 the negative meaning,being pressured or obediant....but if I think of it as the first meaning "to be in agreement or harmony" then yeah,they conform.....

I think alot of them are conformists even though they claim not to be, I have been 'hipster' for years before anyone knew what hipster was, meaning I liked to wear old black horn rim glasses and old welcome back kotter t shirts and ride a fixed gear bike but now every is in to that and I have to find a new way to dress because I dont want to be associated with a bunch of posers. Maybe Ill go preppy now.:crazy:

Just don't go all camouflage! Everybody's doing that now, it seems. I saw a whole family the other day wearing camouflage, even the baby, in a little camouflage onesie. I was under the impression that they hadn't even planned it, necessarily.... :rolleyes:

I think alot of them are conformists even though they claim not to be, I have been 'hipster' for years before anyone knew what hipster was, meaning I liked to wear old black horn rim glasses and old welcome back kotter t shirts and ride a fixed gear bike but now every is in to that and I have to find a new way to dress because I dont want to be associated with a bunch of posers. Maybe Ill go preppy now.:crazy:

Pax, did you ever hang out at the Zeitgeist in San Francisco and sneer at the non-hipsters that mistakenly entered?

I know people that refuse to go there because of the excess of hipsters, but I don't mind the sneers bc the drinks are strong and cheap.

....but i think a lot of people are not consciously NOT trying to confirm...on the contrary ,they might try and fail....I don't think it's conforming if you find a group of people that get what you get....

My wife tells the story of going to an amusement park in her youth and seeing a bunch of goth kids there all dressed in identical black shirts and pants and all wearing a button that said "f*ck conformity"...

l_23b1bb027bbf4d8fbe6c38f885b58d83.jpg

This was also in Killa Satan's pix.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

:40__s:

A baby's onesie decorated with upside=down crosses??? ABSOLUTELY. REVOLTING. ....have to wonder what's in the kid's bottles:

Would it be okay with you if the onesie just had one right side up cross on it? Or how about a big star of David?

They make these....

00000000000000062852_11.jpg

Some people shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

Really?

You think the parents should be arrested and sterilized or imprisoned for having children just because of this onesie?

Be careful what you wish for.

...i guess people do want acceptance,i'm sure sam was looking for that....i keep thinking it was more his sensitivities than anything else that made him snap....he was saving up money for months to go to va,he was planning to join the army afterwards,he was probably thinking he would meet his soulmate instead he walked into a world that was far out of his reach,something he would never belong to....i bet emma would have "grown" out of her "phase",she would have went to college and got married in a white gown....she seemed to be pretty spoiled.....I can just see sam raging against the whole situation,the beautiful kept house,people that probably spoke "eloquantly"...the whole nine yards,even now in that letter from jail he seems to look for belonging,a family .....i think he destroyed what he could never have...

Would it be okay with you if the onesie just had one right side up cross on it? Or how about a big star of David?

They make these....

00000000000000062852_11.jpg

Thank you ,dangr,I also saw one that said "I keep my guns and my bible you can have your change", on a BABY's onesie,I'm not kidding....

My wife tells the story of going to an amusement park in her youth and seeing a bunch of goth kids there all dressed in identical black shirts and pants and all wearing a button that said "f*ck conformity"...

lol,I was probably one of them....i should have looked that word up years ago,i honestly always thought conformity meant conforming to something you don't like just to fit in not just being the same.....

Thank you ,dangr,I also saw one that said "I keep my guns and my bible you can have your change", on a BABY's onesie,I'm not kidding....

Well I don't agree with imposing any of my views political, religious, whatever, on my children. I wouldn't buy anything like this whether it was Christian or Jewish or Satanist.

But like a lot of things there are grey areas...is an image of Bob Marley religious? They make onesies with many musicians and so forth as well now.

Someone a while back was asking for an email for sam's attorney. This is the website for his attorney's firm and it is included at the end of his bio. This gives a little more info on the firm and its attorneys than the yellow page search.

http://www.bowenlawfirm.com/index.html

No doubt some of the Christians are just as nutty as the Satanists. I am Jewish and I see it in Judaism too, some of the more radical groups in Israel are just as fanatic if not more than any radical Islamic terrorist group.

See I wouldn't dress a baby in that or in an Obama onesie either.

I also wouldn't take a child to a political rally, protest, or peace march.

Had that done to me in my youth and it was not good.

My dad is an avid Fox News watcher these days though so I am not sure that's better.

....when my daughter was a baby she did have a slayer onesie,but to me music is different from politic or religion,but again i guess it's just a matter of opinion

I was always sort of unconsciously wary of the politicization of the baby, too. Like, I never paraded him around in a rainbow onesie. Not even in P-Town. Actually, though... that might be my instinct NOT to conform.

I did make him wear a mullet though, come to think of it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member