VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading into the Holidays again with me just gritting my teeth and waiting for it to be over. It's always a tough time of year...but through my anxiety yesterday I tried to think of others who have it WAY worse...like Sam's family and Sam and most importantly poor Mark's Mom, Debra's parents and Mel's family. This is still so fresh for them - my GOD it only happened in September.

It seems like forever for me because the information has been so slow to come out.

I just cried my eyes out yesterday because I lost my Dad 24 years ago on Dec. 22nd - STILL it hurts. I can't imagine the grief these families will have to go through.

I'm sure this Christmas will be (or Hanukkah or whatever they all celebrate) very, very difficult. It would be nice to be able to reach out and write them a letter of support.

By the way, Andres, did you ever get a letter out to Sam?

piXy - any way to get a message to Mel's family?

You know I am not a big fan of the holidays either, since I grew up Jewish and I am now Buddhist I have never done Christmas except with Christian friends or distant relatives and while I do enjoy all the lights and decorations and thing and it is sort of a feel good time of year it is very difficult for me to enjoy it because I know there are so many people out there especially kids who wont have a hot meal or even a single present and thats a real downer for me so I usually spend the late morning at the local soup kitchen and help around there and we usually save up a thousand dollars every year and buy as many kids bikes as we can and we give those away to kids at the soup kitchen who are there with their parents, thats really the only way I can tolerate the whole holiday thing otherwise I would just stay in bed all week sobbing like a little baby because I cant deal with how ****ed up a world we live in. I should probably be on xanax or something but I cant bring myself to admit to a doctor how emotionally and mentally ****ed up I am.

That said, I do believe on way or another, your father is in a better place. Be strong my friend you are not alone in your sadness and grief you can at least count me as one right there with you.

Percy~

You know I am not a big fan of the holidays either, since I grew up Jewish and I am now Buddhist I have never done Christmas except with Christian friends or distant relatives and while I do enjoy all the lights and decorations and thing and it is sort of a feel good time of year it is very difficult for me to enjoy it because I know there are so many people out there especially kids who wont have a hot meal or even a single present and thats a real downer for me so I usually spend the late morning at the local soup kitchen and help around there and we usually save up a thousand dollars every year and buy as many kids bikes as we can and we give those away to kids at the soup kitchen who are there with their parents, thats really the only way I can tolerate the whole holiday thing otherwise I would just stay in bed all week sobbing like a little baby because I cant deal with how ****ed up a world we live in. I should probably be on xanax or something but I cant bring myself to admit to a doctor how emotionally and mentally ****ed up I am.

That said, I do believe on way or another, your father is in a better place. Be strong my friend you are not alone in your sadness and grief you can at least count me as one right there with you.

Percy~

I don't know...I just look at it my own way.

Santa as Shaman, flying reindeer, fly agaric mushrooms, Yule, the festival of lights (and there is more than one of them!), potlatch, the journey of the three wise men, a mysterious "star", and of course the birth of the Christ child symbolizing the birth of true compassion in each one of our hearts.

Plus a good excuse to drink. ;)

I don't know...I just look at it my own way.

Santa as Shaman, flying reindeer, fly agaric mushrooms, Yule, the festival of lights (and there is more than one of them!), potlatch, the journey of the three wise men, a mysterious "star", and of course the birth of the Christ child symbolizing the birth of true compassion in each one of our hearts.

Plus a good excuse to drink. ;)

Absolutelty can see that, I have researched the Christian Pagan connections for years and people would be astonished if they realized where most of the christian traditions originated.

For example the whole death and ressurection of Jesus thing is really winter and summer Solstice when you have the death of the SUN and its REBIRTH in spring and summer, the people of the Fertile Crescent who came up with these ideas were agricultualists and Sun Worshipers obviously because the Sun was what made the crops grow and in the winter time everything dies off and there is less light each day, a very bleak time for them as they didnt have a Krogers to go get food from, it was very much a symbolic death followed by a rebirth and resurrection in the spring and summer with more light each day and the crops coming alive again, a symbolic rebirth and resurrection of the SUN/SON.

Also Easter, same thing, it was based on the festival for the Fertility Goddess.

Easter was named after Eostre (a.k.a. Eastre). She was the Great Mother Goddess of the Saxon people in Northern Europe. Similarly, the Teutonic dawn goddess of fertility [was] known variously as Ostare, Ostara, Ostern, Eostra, Eostre, Eostur, Eastra, Eastur, Austron and Ausos. Her name was derived from the ancient word for spring: "eastre." Similar Goddesses were known by other names in ancient cultures around the Mediterranean, and were celebrated in the springtime. Some were:

Aphrodite from ancient Cyprus
Ashtoreth from ancient Israel
Astarté from ancient Greece
Demeter from Mycenae
Hathor from ancient Egypt
Ishtar from Assyria
Kali, from India
Ostara a Norse Goddess of fertility.

The idea was to celebrate the spring/sumnmer rebirth/resurrection of the sun/son by paying homage to the mother/fertility goddess and the whole idea of hunting eggs was that these were the fertility/ovarian eggs of the Mother Goddess Eostre et al. So basically Christiandom unwittingly has their children out hunting the ovarian eggs of the Mother Goddess each Easter strange as it may sound.

You can really tie ALL the religions together one way or another as they all have their roots in these ancient agricultural communities in Sumer etc. Even Buddhism to some extent picked up a lot of its traditions and customs from the older Shamanistic religion that predated it in Tibet.

Absolutelty can see that, I have researched the Christian Pagan connections for years and people would be astonished if they realized where most of the christian traditions originated.

For example the whole death and ressurection of Jesus thing is really winter and summer Solstice when you have the death of the SUN and its REBIRTH in spring and summer, the people of the Fertile Crescent who came up with these ideas were agricultualists and Sun Worshipers obviously because the Sun was what made the crops grow and in the winter time everything dies off and their is less light each day, a very bleak time for them as they didnt have a Krogers to go get food from, it was very much a symbolic death followed by a rebirth and resurrection in the spring and summer with more light each day and the crops coming alive again, a symbolic rebirth and resurrection of the SUN/SON.

Also Easter, same thing, it was based on the festival for the Fertility Goddess.

Easter was named after Eostre (a.k.a. Eastre). She was the Great Mother Goddess of the Saxon people in Northern Europe. Similarly, the "Teutonic dawn goddess of fertility [was] known variously as Ostare, Ostara, Ostern, Eostra, Eostre, Eostur, Eastra, Eastur, Austron and Ausos." 1 Her name was derived from the ancient word for spring: "eastre." Similar Goddesses were known by other names in ancient cultures around the Mediterranean, and were celebrated in the springtime. Some were:

Aphrodite from ancient Cyprus
Ashtoreth from ancient Israel
Astarté from ancient Greece
Demeter from Mycenae
Hathor from ancient Egypt
Ishtar from Assyria
Kali, from India
Ostara a Norse Goddess of fertility.

The idea was to celebrate the spring/sumnmer rebirth/resurrection of the sun/son by paying homage to the mother/fertility goddess and the whole idea of hunting eggs was that these were the fertility/ovarian eggs of the Mother Goddess Eostre et al. So basically Christiandom unwittingly has their children out hunting the ovarian eggs of the Mother Goddess each Easter strange as it may sound.

You can really tie ALL the religions together one way or another as they all have their roots in these ancient agricultural communities in Sumer etc. Even Buddhism to some extent picked up a lot of its traditions and customs from the older Shamanistic religion that predated it in Tibet.

The belief in rebirth or resurrection is probably even older than these cultures. See http://www.telesterion.com/catal3.htm

Heading into the Holidays again with me just gritting my teeth and waiting for it to be over. It's always a tough time of year...but through my anxiety yesterday I tried to think of others who have it WAY worse...like Sam's family and Sam and most importantly poor Mark's Mom, Debra's parents and Mel's family. This is still so fresh for them - my GOD it only happened in September.

It seems like forever for me because the information has been so slow to come out.

I just cried my eyes out yesterday because I lost my Dad 24 years ago on Dec. 22nd - STILL it hurts. I can't imagine the grief these families will have to go through.

I'm sure this Christmas will be (or Hanukkah or whatever they all celebrate) very, very difficult. It would be nice to be able to reach out and write them a letter of support.

By the way, Andres, did you ever get a letter out to Sam?

piXy - any way to get a message to Mel's family?

I'm sorry you're going through a rough time,i know what you mean they say time heals all wounds but I never found that to be true...
I'm really thinking about writing to Sarah,i really feel for her but I kinda don't think she would want to hear from a websleuther...if it was my family I'd hate for people to snoop around in our business...

Percy~

I don't think you're "emotionally " and "mentally" *advertiser censored***** up,I think you actually have feelings and emphatise with others and you are passionate about it,it's sad that a doctor would probably put you on drugs because of it.

I do choose to celebrate x-mas as total indulgence of ignorance.
I love the lights and the feeling of it and I just pretend I'm a little kid.
I also make my daughter go to midnight mass with me cos that's what i did as a kid and she hates it and I think about Jesus and all the other great people in history that weren't afraid to voice their opinions and stand up for stuff they believe in even if it's not the popular opinion...

I've got a follow-up to the NYTimes article I posted a link to recently on the Black Metal Theory Symposium in Brooklyn. I found a link to a poster for it in a completely surprising place(not in retrospect I guess, since it was a website filled with illegally uploaded cultural theory texts). The poster had a web address, and of course I went there.

I don't have time right now, but, I thought I would share my find since some of you might find it to be worth a look. I'd think that what they have to say might be interesting in relation to satanic horrorcore. It may just be boring academic drivel, but some of the topics look interesting.

Here's a taste of what the site links to:

Nicola Masciandaro - Anti-Cosmosis: Black Mahapralaya (audio)
Anthony Sciscione - ‘Goatsteps behind my steps’: Black Metal and Ritual Renewal (audio)

http://blackmetaltheory.blogspot.com/

I found this link to be amusing: http://www.metalinsider.net/metalsucksnet/black-metal-symposium-to-bore-brooklyn-to-death

BTW, that black metal symposium led me to learn of another use of hoods without eye holes by the black metal band Gorgoroth during an infamous and illegal performance in Poland that featured seven severed sheep heads and three faux crucifixions.

WARNING: DISTURBING IMAGES NSFW

See http://tepper.neostrada.pl/gorgoroth_03.jpg, http://tepper.neostrada.pl/gorgoroth_17.jpg, http://tepper.neostrada.pl/gorgoroth_10.jpg, and http://terror.org.pl/~teppah/gorgoroth/swt.jpg

Don't click if you don't want to see them.

And yet people defend this same garb as part of the tradition of the Chi walk at Longwood.

BTW, that black metal symposium led me to learn of another use of hoods without eye holes by the black metal band Gorgoroth during an infamous and illegal performance in Poland that featured seven severed sheep heads and three faux crucifixions.

See http://tepper.neostrada.pl/gorgoroth_03.jpg, http://tepper.neostrada.pl/gorgoroth_17.jpg, http://tepper.neostrada.pl/gorgoroth_10.jpg, and http://terror.org.pl/~teppah/gorgoroth/swt.jpg

And yet people defend this same garb as part of the tradition of the Chi walk at Longwood.

I could just never get in to metal, some of that stuff is REAL heavy and intense, a little too much for me. Some of it appears to make Shrim look like a chior boy.

I could just never get in to metal, some of that stuff is REAL heavy and intense, a little too much for me. Some of it appears to make Shrim look like a chior boy.

True. He still only aspires to having naked women "crucified" during his shows...

[video=youtube;oqSdvqHIVqw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqSdvqHIVqw[/video]
I like Gorgoroth,it's just feel good music to me,i never contemplated the meaning,if i'm down or sad stuff like that gives me energy,it's like climbing on top of a mountain and taking a deep breath...and then screaming out....aaahhh,what a relief

I can totally relate to the image of the naked girl being crucified.I don't think it's garbage

Looks like they come out with a new 40th Anniversary Edition of The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross.
http://www.johnallegro.org/main/

John Allegro was a scholar well versed in ancient Near Eastern languages who worked on the team that translated and analyzed the Dead Sea Scrolls. He wrote The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross about his highly controversial theory that Christianity's origin was in an ancient, Hebrew if I recall correctly, cult that used Amanita Muscaria mushrooms. He wrecked his career with that.

Allegro's theory was that the mushroom cultists were persecuted and had to hide their ritual formulas in stories that became the basis of the Christian stories regarding Jesus and his followers. It's been about 20 years since I've read it, but I'm going to have to give it a look again. Since there is a new edition that has just been released, there may be some interesting discussion around it. It's interesting that both Jesus and Santa Claus might be explained by Amanita use.

Christmas is something I could take or leave. Easter on the other hand though, I love. I lived in Turkey in the early 70's when I was about 7 and 8. We travelled a lot, and went to Ephesus for Easter. My parents were only sort of Christian, so I think it was really just because we were free on a school break. The environment there was much more heavily vegetated in ancient times, but it was really spectacular in the early spring when I was there. I can easily see why that would be cause for celebration. That trip fixed in my mind this image of the Ephesian version of Artemis as what Easter is really all about.

Artemis_of_Ephesus.jpg

I've loved this sculpture of a dancer and gazelles by Paul Manship ever since I first saw it. I used to always visit the one in the National Gallery every time I went to D.C. I still visit as often as I can. I didn't make the connection for a long time, but although it's stylistically more influenced by Persian and Assyrian art it's clearly the same motif.
paulmanshipdancerandgazellesbr.jpg

The gestures Manship's dancer makes are closer to this than the archaic pose of the Ephesian artemis. I often find myself doing the same thing Artemis is doing with her cat, so I like this one.
artemis.jpg

It's from a 6th century B.C. vase and is actually far more modern than the Ephesian statue which is from the 1st century A.D. That just goes to show how persistent forms can be once they are imbued with ritual significance. Something very similar to the headdress Artemis wears in the Ephesian sculptures can still be seen in women's wedding adornment in areas as far flung as Morocco and Uzbekistan, not to mention in countless images of Byzantine women. BTW, if you look closely at the image from the vase, you will find the "x" or chi with 4 dots.

wow,those are amazing...i see the chi and the first one really shows what the easter egg is all about....where in turkey did you live? my dad lived there and i always wore the "evil eye " pendant he gave me from there ,he lived in ankara...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx