VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think that "bloodlust",that anger you feel for someone that hurt you or someone you love is completely natural and understandable,however I don't think it's something you should feel good about....that's what I think: of course people are going to feel that way but shouldn't you have the sense to say it's not right to feel that way?...am I not putting myself on the same level with someone that commits a crime of passion if I want to make myself feel better by hurting somone else?....that's another thing where I think "dark" art or music helps,to me it really helps when I feel that way...
oh,yeah and "the eye for an eye" quote to my knowledge is not in the christian bible even though many christians seem to feel that way,it's in the koran...

Your emotions should never dictate your response to anything, that is weakness not strength. Real and lasting strength is learning to keep your emotions out of the decision making process and not letting them control you, people who act on emotions can be easily manipulated and are weak and easy targets.

I don't understand why in the world someone would have the need to have a gun in their home.
I had a gun put to my head once.It's not a good feeling.
My cousin was shot by her husband and he shot himself during a domestic dispute thing....if the gun wouldn't have been around,I doubt he would have grabbed a knife and stabbed her and himself ,it's so much easier to pull a trigger....I also can't handle the thought of all these guns being in homes with children....
if you want something for self defense a taser works just as well....
I can understand that and I am a gun owner but not so much for self defense but I believe an armed populace is the last and only real defense against government tyranny, now if we get rid of all guns ok but as long as the authorities have them then we need them too to keep the balance of power in check. Its just how it is, I dont like it either.

I like talking about religion and politics and stuff like that,I think it's important and interesting to hear other opinions....doesn't mean anyone is going to change theirs but might get a better understanding where the other person is coming from....

I guess I can understand where you are coming from to like to discuss those things, but I even hate to talk politics. I guess I just don't like confrontation.
I'm a peaceful kinda gal and like people no matter their religious or political background. If you're cool with me I'm cool with you. I try to be open-minded and understanding no matter what. Not saying that discussing those things isn't being open-minded because it is. I just try to be open-minded peacefully. Not to mention, I've never liked people to push their religion on me, so I just avoid it all together because I don't want someone to feel the same about me.
I'm not implying that any of you guys do that, just telling you my approach on things.
See I can't even make a simple reply about it without feeling that someone may be offended.
Yeah not a good topic for me. I like talking about murderers more. haha!
Edited to say I think it's a psychological thing for me. I have a terrible memory of a drunken debate that went horribly wrong.

I have really mixed feelings about the DP, LWOP and rehabilitation. I watch a lot of the prison shows on MSNBC (for example) and truly do believe that, given the chance many (not all, not even most) people can change. I do believe that much of a person's behavior is from nurture (or lack thereof), while people with true mental illness suffer from nature, not nurture.

If those people with mental illness are stabilized on meds that set the brain straight, great ... however, they are very likely to not take the meds on an ongoing basis once they are not in prison or a half-way house, due to the expense, pressure from peers, confusion based on alcohol/drugs induced confusion of when it is time to take the meds, etc.

The biggest issue, of course is nurture. Many, many people in prison are there because of where, how, with who and under what circumstances they are raised. Lots of kids never have a chance, unless they are an astoundingly strong person to start.

What I do love is to see the work and animal related rehab programs in prison. Many of these felons have never had the opportunity to learn a trade, much less have had anyone pat them on the back for reading a book, carrying on a converstation instead of an argument or have any sense of worth. I adore seeing the toughest of guys with muscles to 'there' and a bazillon tattoos cuddling with a kitty out on the yard, or the inmates that raise shelter dogs so that they dogs can have a second chance at life, just as the inmate does. Watching the inmate take the dog around the grounds, chatting with other inmates they would never even look in the eye, because the other race/gang member wants a lick on the cheek from the dogs, or speaking to the guards about the latest food they are using to help the dogs upset tummy is a beautiful thing!

I have really mixed feelings about the DP, LWOP and rehabilitation. I watch a lot of the prison shows on MSNBC (for example) and truly do believe that, given the chance many (not all, not even most) people can change. I do believe that much of a person's behavior is from nurture (or lack thereof), while people with true mental illness suffer from nature, not nurture.

If those people with mental illness are stabilized on meds that set the brain straight, great ... however, they are very likely to not take the meds on an ongoing basis once they are not in prison or a half-way house, due to the expense, pressure from peers, confusion based on alcohol/drugs induced confusion of when it is time to take the meds, etc.

The biggest issue, of course is nurture. Many, many people in prison are there because of where, how, with who and under what circumstances they are raised. Lots of kids never have a chance, unless they are an astoundingly strong person to start.

What I do love is to see the work and animal related rehab programs in prison. Many of these felons have never had the opportunity to learn a trade, much less have had anyone pat them on the back for reading a book, carrying on a converstation instead of an argument or have any sense of worth. I adore seeing the toughest of guys with muscles to 'there' and a bazillon tattoos cuddling with a kitty out on the yard, or the inmates that raise shelter dogs so that they dogs can have a second chance at life, just as the inmate does. Watching the inmate take the dog around the grounds, chatting with other inmates they would never even look in the eye, because the other race/gang member wants a lick on the cheek from the dogs, or speaking to the guards about the latest food they are using to help the dogs upset tummy is a beautiful thing!

Absolutely agree and thanks for sharing that, my father was one of the first prison wardens on the west coast to bring the pet program in to the conversation and utilize it the way you speak of. It is indeed wonderful to see and it really gives these inmates the kind of humbling experience they need to become better people. There is nothing that will break a tough guy like a little puppy dog or a kitty whose survival depends on you taking care of all its needs everyday.

I love my kitty more than anything in the world and when everyone else turns on me he is always there at my side all snuggled up with me and comfortable. I have been a dog person but since I got this kitty who started showing up in my yard about a year ago eating the birds at my bird feeder and I started feeding him and he quickly took to me and changed my life in many ways. I love him to death and look forward to each day with him. He is a cute little guy.

...and yet he killed the birds that are also cute little guys....I love my cat too even though it breaks my heart when she kills and wants me to be proud of her and doesn't understand why I'm upset....

There is a very good chance they are using drugs because they are self medicating away a chemical imbalance in their brains, such as bipolar disorder or some other organic mental illness. I dont think very many people make the decision to become drug addicts on skid row, there is usually a reason for them being that way and even those with the best childhoods are not immune.

Since bipolar disorder does run in families this would certainly explain the behavior of these 3 relatives of yours. I do not think you can dismiss this as easily as you may first wish to.

They certainly do have a choice to go get some help and I would never make any excuses for them for not making that decision and instead deciding to self medicate but still, I doubt they are just using drugs for the **** of it in fact every druggie I have known was a self medicator of some sort and they all had mental health issues.

Regardless, addiction itself is a disease and I dont think it is right to call sick people "criminal assholes." These people are sick, they are not themselves and no amount of browbeating, insulting or name calling will help them. Its going to take a very strong person to help them, someone who is strong enough not to judge them but who will take the time to help them see what the drugs have done to them and how sick they have become because of the choices they have made. Addiction is a medical issue and since none of us are doctors its probably not easy for us to understand.

In any case this is yet another example of a fundamental disagreement, I think no less of you because you feel this way but I feel very strongly that you are wrong and that your love for them has led you astray. Detach yourself from the situation and stand back and see just how sick and in need of medical attention these kids are and you might change your mind about them.

Addiction can run in families and skip generations, their parents may have done a perfect job raising them but if they inherited a bad gene there is nothing anyone can do about that. Genetics do not discriminate and I think you would be wise to reconsider how you feel about them with this in mind before you simply write them off as ungrateful criminal assholes who had it all and threw it away. Its NEVER that simple my friend.

Good statement, Pax. Yes, that is me. Thank god I got my butt down to the local sykofarmakologist 20 years ago!

...and yet he killed the birds that are also cute little guys....I love my cat too even though it breaks my heart when she kills and wants me to be proud of her and doesn't understand why I'm upset....

Yea he was a little kitten that someone didnt feed and so he was coming to my yard and eating the birds that were feeding on my feeder, he was starving, as soon as I started to feed him he left the birds alone and doesnt bother them at all now, poor guy was just hungry and didnt have anyone to feed him or love on him.

Absolutely agree and thanks for sharing that, my father was one of the first prison wardens on the west coast to bring the pet program in to the conversation and utilize it the way you speak of. It is indeed wonderful to see and it really gives these inmates the kind of humbling experience they need to become better people. There is nothing that will break a tough guy like a little puppy dog or a kitty whose survival depends on you taking care of all its needs everyday.

I love my kitty more than anything in the world and when everyone else turns on me he is always there at my side all snuggled up with me and comfortable. I have been a dog person but since I got this kitty who started showing up in my yard about a year ago eating the birds at my bird feeder and I started feeding him and he quickly took to me and changed my life in many ways. I love him to death and look forward to each day with him. He is a cute little guy.

Aww I love the kitty story! That's how I feel about my little sugar glider. She's my sweetheart! I'm so lucky to have her.
:D
Edited: You can check her out on my profile in my photography album. That's my "Biddy"!

Aww I love the kitty story! That's how I feel about my little sugar glider. She's my sweetheart! I'm so lucky to have her.
:D

He is a tuxedo cat, has a white underbelly and a black dominitrax mask on his face hehe. He is so cute and a real ball of furr.

He is a tuxedo cat, has a white underbelly and a black dominitrax mask on his face hehe. He is so cute and a real ball of furr.

Awww! Do you have any pics of the little guy? He sounds like a cutie! I'm a photographer so I think everyone else always has pics of their animals too....haha...some people do while others look at me like why would I have a picture of a cat.

Awww! Do you have any pics of the little guy? He sounds like a cutie! I'm a photographer so I think everyone else always has pics of their animals too....haha...some people do while others look at me like why would I have a picture of a cat.

I do have lots but not on the computer but I will see what I can upload and post, he is a real cutie for sure.

I do have lots but not on the computer but I will see what I can upload and post, he is a real cutie for sure.

Okay when you find them upload them for us to see your little friend.
Here is my little friend...hope this works like I think it will...
picture.php

We took early valentine pics! :D She fits in the palm of your hand. In this pic she is on my boyfriends back.
Edit: Sorry I led the thread astray. I know this is totally off topic.

Okay when you find them upload them for us to see your little friend.
Here is my little friend...hope this works like I think it will...
picture.php

We took early valentine pics! :D She fits in the palm of your hand. In this pic she is on my boyfriends back.
Edit: Sorry I led the thread astray. I know this is totally off topic.

Wow I was wondering what it was, I thought maybe a cat but thats a real gem there I wanna snuggle with it!:crazy:

We have been off topic for two months dont worry about that lol.

Wow I was wondering what it was, I thought maybe a cat but thats a real gem there I wanna snuggle with it!:crazy:

Nah it's a sugar glider. They originate from Australia. She has a long tail too like a squirrel but smaller. They are marsupials like kangaroos, they have pouches they carry their young in. They also bond to their owners. Once they have bonded to you you can put them on your shoulder or back and they will stay there. You are their safe place. You can carry them around in a fleece pouch. She's such an awesome little creature. She purrs like a cat, chirps like a bird, barks like a very small dog, hisses like a snake, chatters like a squirrel, and all for different reasons. Honestly they are unbelievable!

Oh and they glide from tree to tree. They can glide for very long distances!

Okay I guess that's enough for national geographic time. :)

Nah it's a sugar glider. They originate from Australia. She has a long tail too like a squirrel but smaller. They are marsupials like kangaroos, they have pouches they carry their young in. They also bond to their owners. Once they have bonded to you you can put them on your shoulder or back and they will stay there. You are their safe place. You can carry them around in a fleece pouch. She's such an awesome little creature. She purrs like a cat, chirps like a bird, barks like a very small dog, hisses like a snake, chatters like a squirrel, and all for different reasons. Honestly they are unbelievable!

Oh and they glide from tree to tree. They can glide for very long distances!

Okay I guess that's enough for national geographic time. :)

Thats fascinating I never knew it, learn something everyday. How much they cost?

Thats fascinating I never knew it, learn something everyday. How much they cost?

Mine was $200. If you ever plan to get one it's much better to get them from small scale breeders so they are cared for properly before you get them and also so it will be hand tamed. I have other pics of her if you'd like to see them. They aren't as nice as the one I posted but you can get a better idea of her entire body. They also come in many different colors. Wow I sound like I'm talking about a box of crayons or something...haha!
She is so sweet though. She licks you like a cat or dog to kiss you and she also likes to groom you. She plays with little toys like a cat or dog too. It's the cutest thing ever. Oh and to hear her bark will make your heart melt. It sounds like a little squeaky toy. Yeah I love her, can't you tell?

I don't understand why in the world someone would have the need to have a gun in their home.
I had a gun put to my head once.It's not a good feeling.
My cousin was shot by her husband and he shot himself during a domestic dispute thing....if the gun wouldn't have been around,I doubt he would have grabbed a knife and stabbed her and himself ,it's so much easier to pull a trigger....I also can't handle the thought of all these guns being in homes with children....
if you want something for self defense a taser works just as well....

I don't have any firearms in my home, but I have owned them and I used to shoot frequently. Don't fool yourself, a taser is NOT equivalent in utility for self defense to a handgun. And a properly secured handgun is no more danger to a child than a wall outlet or a kitchen knife.

But people are lazy and stupid...

I can understand that and I am a gun owner but not so much for self defense but I believe an armed populace is the last and only real defense against government tyranny, now if we get rid of all guns ok but as long as the authorities have them then we need them too to keep the balance of power in check. Its just how it is, I dont like it either.

This used to be true. But IMO gun ownership in America today has little or no impact on the possibility of tyranny here.

Owning a musket used to put an individual on par with a trained soldier. And remember back in the day everyone knew how to use their weapons because they had to. Today the government is armed with with acoustic pain cannons, electronic warfare systems, space based satellite spy systems, remotely piloted drones, tanks, and much more. A rifle will be of little use against these systems.

And most of the armed populace has no idea how to use their weapons in combat. They don't understand basic principles of concentrating fire and using cover and they have no experience or training in the use of their weapons in combat. If it ever came to a real shooting war it wouldn't be pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETI20