VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: Here's a recent news story for Pax to chew on.

1/26/10 Davos Switzerland

The police commander in charge of security at the World Economic Forum in Davos has been found dead in his hotel room, local authorities have said.

Markus Reinhardt, 61, had been head of police in the Swiss canton of Graubunden since 1984.

"All indications point to a suicide," local police said in a statement.

Police captain Marcus Suter will take over the security operation in Davos, where the five-day forum starts on Wednesday.

Some 2,500 business and political leaders from around the world are expected to attend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8481805.stm

Yeap its always suicide, move along nothing to see here...

Yeap its always suicide, move along nothing to see here...

"Yeah, poor sucker had to shoot himself 4 times.... Can you believe it? That's quite a feat..... Must have been really determined...."

Question about proxies: Does it look like you're coming from "anonymouse," or wherever, or does it look like you're coming from some random (maybe even foreign) location? I don't quite get what all the fake ip, or for that matter any ip, reveals. More than a number, apparently.

Well I danced for the little bugger last night and all it resulted in was him spitting up food all over the place, didnt put him to sleep. Emmy says I must be doing something wrong...:loser:

Question about proxies: Does it look like you're coming from "anonymouse," or wherever, or does it look like you're coming from some random (maybe even foreign) location? I don't quite get what all the fake ip, or for that matter any ip, reveals. More than a number, apparently.
The proxy places like the linked anonymouse site I provided will bounce you off different locations each time you visit a site. About 75% of all proxies go through South Korea which is why a lot of site adminstrators will often comment that they are surprised as to why they get so much traffic from SK. This is why.

With an IP addy I can tell the city youre posting from and pinpoint the general neighborhood. Thats why I prefer proxies but they do slow things down a little thats the drawback.

Also the free proxy sites all use adverts and that makes them much slower, if you go buy a proxy and install it on your HD it will hide your IP all the time and not slow things down because no ads.

An IP address in many cases is traceable to a physical connection and therefore to a specific location. Try this: http://www.infosniper.net/, then try it with anonymouse and you will see that it appears you are in Europe.

Also FYI it is not just IP information that enables you to be tracked. Other information about your machine is revealed when you browse the web and in many cases this can be used to identify you. To learn more, you can start here: http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2010/01/primer-information-theory-and-privacy.

Here's an article that describes a bit more esoteric approach to PC tracking: http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/securi...where-on-the-Net/0,130061744,139183346,00.htm

I did some research on this technique in a recent job where I was trying to identify network attached devices (document scanners) remotely. I abandoned it however and developed a different approach that worked by examining imperfections in the scanning hardware itself. See https://www.cerias.purdue.edu/apps/reports_and_papers/view/3268/

My technique was much simpler than the one described in this paper and it works amazingly well.

Here's an article that describes a bit more esoteric approach to PC tracking: http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/securi...where-on-the-Net/0,130061744,139183346,00.htm

I did some research on this technique in a recent job where I was trying to identify network attached devices (document scanners) remotely. I abandoned it however and developed a different approach that worked by examining imperfections in the scanning hardware itself. See https://www.cerias.purdue.edu/apps/reports_and_papers/view/3268/

My technique was much simpler than the one described in this paper and it works amazingly well.

I worked my way through college working as a skip tracer for a debt collector. A good skip tracer will find you no matter what you do. Not all of them are that good but some are. I learned a lot of tricks from a very good one back in the day.

THANKS for these links, good stuff there.

For those of you who may be interested in the book my friend Jay Dobyns wrote about his experience as a deep cover ATF agent infiltrating the Hells Angels here is a good story about him from our local weekly, read this and if it interests you then you may want to get the book NO ANGEL for the more detailed account:

Snipped, more at link (link has full and very long story.)

http://www.tucsonweekly.com/tucson/the-good-guy/Content?oid=1149015

The Good Guy
Death threats be damned, undercover cop Jay Dobyns isn't running anymore
by Leo W. Banks
On Aug. 10, 2008, the Dobyns family home burned after someone set a bookcase on the back porch on fire.

Jay Dobyns looks at the rubble at his feet, and brother, it's a mess. Everything is black and busted up. The blaze was six months ago, and the place still stinks of smoke. This used to be his Tucson home. He steps through the broken glass and the ashes, not talking much, because what in the hell is there to say?
And for Dobyns, not having much to say is a trick.

He's a special agent for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, author, public speaker, former UA football player and Internet celebrity known for his undercover work in the deepest penetration ever made of the Hells Angels motorcycle gang.

If you Google his name, you won't find much middle ground. Opinions on him range from true American hero to out-of-control cowboy cop who not only loves being at the center of the action, standing up to his knees in Adrenalin River; he needs it.

You see, all through his life, Dobyns has known only one way to take on anything--with grinning, arms-wide leaps off the highest ledge.

Now, at 47, his house gone from an arsonist's match, his family badly shaken by their 3 a.m. escape, Dobyns is watching his back against outlaws sworn to kill him.

I ask what goes through his mind when he looks at this wreckage, and he says, "I think to myself, not with regret, but as an honest question, 'Jay, how could you have let your life get to this point?' There has to be an easier way."

This is big. Dobyns in an act of self-reflection? It's not his strong suit.

Twenty years of undercover work dulls your capacity for self-reflection, makes it a dangerous luxury. Doubt yourself for an instant, let your mind wander to a decision made a year ago, 10 minutes ago, and you're likely to be down-by-the-river, broke-dick dead.

Does this mean Dobyns is a changed man? Does this mean he's found redemption?

The operation is codenamed Black Biscuit. Dobyns is lead undercover, working mainly with a Phoenix cop named Timmy, and a street informant known only as Pops. Their job is to get as close as possible to the Hells Angels, pretend to be their friends, see and hear everything they say and do, then betray them.

"Most people are intimidated by the Angels' reputation for violence," says Dobyns. "But we put ourselves out there as alpha dogs, and they were impressed by that. It worked because we came in balls out."

Dobyns' cover is as Jay "Bird" Davis, a knee-capper for a made-up biker gang called the Solo Angels. The world in which he lives, for 21 months, is dangerous and hyper-violent, and he describes it in a book, co-written with Nils Johnson-Shelton, called No Angel: My Harrowing Undercover Journey to the Inner Circle of the Hells Angels.

It will be published by Crown and available in bookstores on Tuesday, Feb. 10. Twentieth Century Fox already has bought movie rights.

Unless you catch your Zs on a prison cot, the book isn't bedtime reading. It has chapter titles like "Jesus Hates a Pussy." And "My Sucking Chest Wound."

Dobyns tells of characters who beat a woman unconscious after she insults them; when she awakens and insults them again, they allegedly beat her more, drag her into the desert, stab her repeatedly and try to cut off her head and stick it on a pole. But the knife can't cut through her spine. So they give up and leave her dead on the ground.

The book describes beat-downs and gang rapes, with almost all the action taking place in Arizona. He tells of an Angel approaching him at a biker rally near Flagstaff and offering Dobyns entertainment for the night--the biker's own teenage daughter and her best friend. The girls might be all of 16. At first, Dobyns is puzzled, then he figures it out. Bird's a debt collector, gun runner and supposed hit man--but not a drug addict. In other words, he has his act together.

"In the biker world, I was a catch," he writes.

Black Biscuit ends in 2003. Two other books have been written about it, but Dobyns wants to go deeper into the personal side of a long undercover job, the impact it has on an agent's psyche, on his family. After banging with the boys for weeks at a time, he tells of returning to Tucson and shedding his biker vest to coach his son's T-ball team and reconnect with wife, Gwen, who, increasingly and justifiably, wants her husband home, her family restored, the great stress lifted.

At one point, at an Angels' meeting in Mesa, Dobyns' cell rings. It's his son Jack, who chirps, "Hi, Daddy!" Keeping in character, Bird says, "Whassup? Big Lou there?" That's code for "put your mother on the line."

Eventually, inevitably, the divide between his two lives blurs, and Dobyns morphs into the worst version of himself, into Bird Davis--paranoid, fearful, always amped, swallowing a six pack of Red Bulls and three Starbucks lattes daily, along with fistfuls of speed-like diet pills that yank his eyes back into his skull in a cold, dead stare.

A year after Black Biscuit ends, Dobyns and other agents listen to surveillance tapes of four men talking. Dobyns recognizes three of them, not the fourth, and this guy's messed up. He's babbling, barely making sense. Dobyns hands the headphones to fellow agent Jenna Maguire, plays the fourth voice and says, "Who the f--- is that ?"

Maguire says, "You don't know?"

Dobyns says no. Maguire smiles and says, "That's you, Jay."

%7B3052E258-069B-4CF4-972E-D168AF1F302B%7DImg100.jpg

OB-DF995_hellsa_DV_20090304162806.jpg

Jay screwed himself up because he had to resort to swallowing an entire bottle of diet pills and drinking cases of red bull everyday, basically legal speed, just to keep up with the bikers he was riding with because they would party every night then start again the next morning, most of them on coke and meth and this was the only way he could keep up.

What type of tea do you like? Just about to make some lemon grass/black tea blend I have. Good stuff.

BTW, better study those past 6 threads because we will have a quiz!

Question 1

The number 505 is:

a) the address of the house in which the murders took place
b) the area code of New Mexico where SKR is based
c) tattooed on Sicktanick's neck
d) scrawled in blood in the image on the cover of Razakel's Femicide CD
e) all of the above

Sounds good. I'm not too picky about my tea but have gone "green". They say it's good for you. Next year they'll say it causes warts or something :waitasec: ha!

e) all of the above.
That was lucky. Last night I read back on this thread a few pages and like magic ran across your post that contains the answer to the above question.

About that green thing... The people at work promoting it were getting kind of pesky so I've decided to start maximizing my carbon footprint whenever I can.

I thought Woe.be.gone was a guy, too. Don't you just hate to cross-gender a person on here? ;)

Wait a minute here ......... does that mean I've finally passed the 'I'm blond but not dumb' test? I sure hope so.

Wait a minute here ......... does that mean I've finally passed the 'I'm blond but not dumb' test? I sure hope so.

LOL youre doing great so far, we have covered a lot of ground on this and there is nowhere on the web or print media that has even come close to the detail with which we have sleuthed this case. It is a very interesting case and I think you will find this thread to be a place you enjoy hanging as even though we share different religious, political and hairstyle (The Tapu) beliefs we get along incredibly well and enjoy our time together.

PAXIMUS - One thing is certain, your friend must have a very strong heart. Is he in danger today?

I worked my way through college working as a skip tracer for a debt collector. A good skip tracer will find you no matter what you do. Not all of them are that good but some are. I learned a lot of tricks from a very good one back in the day.

THANKS for these links, good stuff there.

What the hell is a "skip tracer"? I hate not knowing something. (but i suspect that one may be after me....)

PAXIMUS - One thing is certain, your friend must have a very strong heart. Is he in danger today?

Well the Hells Angels have a standing contract for his death because of what he did, thats actually the main reason he wrote the book and continues to speak publically about it figuring the more public awarness of it will limit his families danger. He is currently suing the US govt and the ATF for abandoning him and not providing him with he kind of protection he needs and last I heard he is winning that case. The white collar pencil pushers in DC who run the ATF turned their back on him once they used him for what they needed. Last year a 3 am someone tried to burn his house down in the latest attempt on his life.

What the hell is a "skip tracer"? I hate not knowing something. (but i suspect that one may be after me....)

Skip tracers are professionally trained to track people down, much like a private investigator, they learn the many ways and tricks that can be used to find someone who is hiding from them, mostly they work for LE and bill collection and bail bondsmen agencies.

A good WIKI about them here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skiptrace

I worked for both a bail bonds agency and a debt collection agency as a skip tracer for many years tracking down people who take measures to hide their existence, we have ways of finding them but because of non disclosure agreements I signed I cant really speak openly about what tactics we employ for that. In my capacity now working for the newspress I do a lot of skip tracing to track down people for stories the reporters write, that is my main responisbility in the position I hold now.

Being a skip tracer is a very fun and interesting job and I guess they could be referred to as the ultimate sleuths.

Skip tracing is also an important tool for attornies who need to track down witnesses etc who want to avoid being forced to testify, this is something that has been very valuable to me in my law practice.

what the hell is a "skip tracer"? I hate not knowing something. (but i suspect that one may be after me....)

If you are being persued by a skip tracer thas not good, but if you want to share some info about that with me i may be able to help you cover some of your identity in some of the more common areas they tend to use to track you down. One common tactic they do use is to call neighbors or old high school friends etc to try and put the pressure on you. A good skip tracer is a very relentless person who can take the slightest bit of info and come up with a profile on who you are, what you may be doing for a living and where you are employed.

A really good skip tracer could lurk on a forum like this slowly building a profile on any particular poster they may be interested in and then use that gathered information to track them down for whatever reason. I am sure a forum like websleuths is frequented by skip tracers and used to practice honing their skills.

Is there background on Sam and his sister's upbringing anywhere? I've read that he was 20 back in Sept. of '09 when the crimes were committed, came to VA from CA to meet his girlfriend of a couple months and considered himself a rapper of horrorcore music. His sister claims he is nonviolent with no previous police record. The sister claims she last spoke to him on Sept 5, the day before he took off on "a hugely anticipated trip".

With very little knowledge about the case, going with the simplist theory idea, he was rejected by Emma. He reportedly told the cab driver that he had looked and found a text from another guy professing his love to her - like that's her fault. Since the relationship did not pan out the way he wanted it too, he killed her, her family and friend.

How did the SKR person know to call LE on September 18?
What is the circumstance surrounding his call to LE about the noise in the basement?
Were the girls already dead when he told LE that they were at the movies at 11:58 PM on the 17th?

It is interesting when you ponder Jay Dobyn's story, someone who is a risk taker. He wanted to put to good use that trait and to uncover the criminal doings of the HA. After time passed, he found himself being swept into it to the point he no longer recognized himself. He was already a grown man but by being so immeshed with that deviant subculture he became affected negatively. Just imagine then, the dangerous influence that any deviant subculture would inflict upon a child.

When I looked at the pictures of those young people, I was surprised at how attractive (ornaments removed) most of them are and puzzeled as to why they would want to walk down that road. The young victims of Sam claim to have felt secure regarding their parent's love for them. The reason for their leanings are not clear to me. Clearly too much choice was extended to them in making their own unwise decisions imo. Power reversals - child telling the parent what to do versus parent putting their foot down regarding their child's requests. Take my hand mom and let's walk into hell together, kay? Kay. :crazy:

Is it fair to say that we become what we do/think about the most.
The reasons for our choices are not always clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz