VA VA - David Metzler, 19, & Heidi Childs, 18, fatally shot, Montgomery Co, 26 Aug 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was just thinking about this case today. Heidi and David might have been married for some time now and have children of their own were it not for this coward's act. And were are apparently in the same spot where we were 5 or 10 years ago.

I just did a Google Search from the last time I did (Nov 2023) to present. Nothing from media or LE. There are some posts in the Heidi Childs & David Metzler Memorial Group facebook page around Heidi's birthday in Dec, but other than that not much considering the brutality of the crime.

So I'll just call this post a bump.

I just did a Google Search from the last time I did (Nov 2023) to present. Nothing from media or LE. There are some posts in the Heidi Childs & David Metzler Memorial Group facebook page around Heidi's birthday in Dec, but other than that not much considering the brutality of the crime.

So I'll just call this post a bump.
The quiet and lack of activity in this case is so frustrating!!!!

Early on, it was reported that DNA from a potential perp was found at the scene...but apparently this lead went no-where since genetic genealogy should have been able to track the perp down if the lead was solid. UGH!!!

By Vassia BarbaUS News Reporter APR 6 2024
1717187573395.png
''Heidi, a sophomore at Virginia Tech, had just made the exciting decision to enroll in the university's pre-med program and shared the news with her parents earlier in the day. David, a student in the prestigious College of Engineering at Virginia Tech, planned to take Heidi to a field in Jefferson National Forest for an evening of conversation and music.''

''Despite efforts to gather evidence, including DNA evidence believed to be from the perpetrator and identification of the murder weapon as a .30-.30 rifle, the case remains unsolved for nearly 15 years.''

We drove back from Ohio to Virginia on 460 from a wedding this weekend.

And I think I saw the turn off for the Caldwell Fields area near camp Tuckaway which was what the turn sign off 460 was for

Made me think again about this sad case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back