VA VA - Elsie Roane, 16, West Point, 20 May 1957

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope someone can submit the Jane doe and Elsie as a possible match to the doe network.

Elsie Mae Roane

aH7lny0H2Y25c4HWdi6d9wbFQ1MI89hshH92fHgK447GpId8-YIxnwIm8xElm9V2q7g0GR9zYYdSvSLiHaDf64inufcBRiZEknSRdhrSIVaSxNDLqjtsWdeQSxNvO0wR7w

Sex: Female

Race: White

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Blue

Height: 5’8”

Weight: 115 lbs

Missing From: King William, Virginia

Missing Since: 05/20/1957

Details: Elsie was last seen May 20, 1957. She was in the town of West Point.

Elsie Mae Roane – The Charley Project

Did they ever find her family to collect DNA?

One oddity in this case is that, on Ancestry, there is a yearbook photo of a Janey Mae Roane from Newport News High School. She looks very like Elsie Mae and Newport News is both near West Point and corresponds to other records for the family. I wonder if they adopted two girls and if Janey Mae is still alive. If so dna could be available.

More insight...A male friend saw her that night and she told him she was spending the night at a girlfriend's house. The girlfriend said Elsie did not come to her house that night. The article did not specify whether it was a prearranged visit or not. If it was prearranged and Elsie didn't show up, that would mean there was more of a chance she was abducted. Of course, she may have lied to the boy about where she was actually going.

Attachments

• roane.jpg
    roane.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
More insight...A male friend saw her that night and she told him she was spending the night at a girlfriend's house. The girlfriend said Elsie did not come to her house that night. The article did not specify whether it was a prearranged visit or not. If it was prearranged and Elsie didn't show up, that would mean there was more of a chance she was abducted. Of course, she may have lied to the boy about where she was actually going.

Or the boy may have lied.

Or the boy may have lied.

That's a possibility.

"In 2015, nearly sixty years after Elsie's 1957 disappearance, authorities announced they have a suspect in her case. They haven't publicly identified the person, but they stated he was close to Elsie's age and is still alive; they've interviewed him multiple times."

"After a number of interviews during their investigation they were able to name a suspect..."We may never have the right evidence to prosecute and at this point I'm not concerned with that. My focus right now is to find Elsie Mae and her child and give them a proper burial," Mawyer told 13News Now."

I wonder if there is any way to squeeze some publicity from local news? I am not too far from West Point and it boggles my mind that this has not been solved. This and the Colonial Parkway Killings are the two old cold cases in the area but it hasn't gotten near the publicity as the Colonial Parkway Killings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back