VA VA - Elsie Wiggington, adult, from Amherst County, 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUL 10, 2024
The Amherst County Sheriff's Office said during the search they collected new evidence that they believe will help solve the case of Elsie Wiggington, who has been missing since June 2023.

[...]

Elsie’s husband's ex-wife, Patricia Wiggington, is currently living in Elsie’s home. We spoke with her today.

She said she is willing to work with the police on whatever is needed.

We also asked her about her ex-husband, Fred Wiggington. She said he was never abusive to her and she does not believe he would have hurt Elsie.

[...]

Although details remain scarce, the sheriff’s office received a tip that crucial evidence may be on the property.

I think i have not seen a real date of the last sighting? Meanwhile there must be more info where or who saw her last?

JUL 11, 2024
As more information is uncovered, Elsie’s family says their fears are growing that domestic violence led to her disappearance.

Coleman said the last time she spoke to Elsie, she expressed she was scared for her life.

“The last conversation we had with her she, of course, told us she was in fear for her life, you could hear the desperation so much so in her voice, that my husband said do you need me to come now I will come now,” said Coleman.

“This isn’t like a TV show. It takes time for them to get results back from any evidence they may have gathered,” Coleman said.

Her family has stood firm in their belief that Elsie was in an abusive relationship before her disappearance. And now, her sister Victoria Seal says they’ve made it a mission to advocate for victims.

“On that day, Elsie stood up for herself. And we all know here in domestic violence cases, normally the end is when you try to leave, that’s when something bad happens. There were signs leading up to what happened to her from April of 2023 to June of 2023, I was informed that her life was pure hell,” Seal said.

A year has passed, which makes investigating much more difficult.

"They are battling the deprivation of any evidence that was there because you know it’s been over a year," Tracey Coleman, Elsie’s foster sister, said.

This week the Amherst County Sheriff’s office has held multiple searches. They said they collected evidence that they believed could help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back