VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. You'd think if this guy were still around, we'd have heard something by now. Right? I've never followed this kind of thing happening before, does it ever happen where things fall into place as well as they have here and it not turn out okay? It just seems so likely that this is our Doe.

I agree... on another site someone tagged their cousin who they said looked like Jason. Same name. I clicked through before that comment was deleted. It kinda did look like him but only kinda. I think right around now we'd start hearing from the real guy in those photos saying, "hey, that's me, take my picture down!"

New photo on Reddit!!!

http://imgur.com/O9nwRTl

Follow the link at the photo to reddit thread on this. Apparently, friends say they remember the star tattoo and that he may be from NJ (as stated by Jason)

O9nwRTl.jpg

And that confirms that he's right-handed. Not that I think that matters. But there was lots of chatter about him smoking with his left hand in the other pic.

I've been following this case quietly for a long time. When I saw the first picture of Jason on FB I got chills! I think we are all very close to having answers. It makes me sad to think of that happy young man's story ending on a lonely road somewhere though. I mean, we all have known that someone's story ended there but it's hard to see that story connected with a real face.

I can only imagine that if someone does recognize the picture and knows he's been missing for 20+ years they may be taking some time to process that. They also may contact the police directly. The longer this goes without someone saying "hey, that's me!" the better the chance that this Jason really is our Grateful Dead fan.

Excellent work WS!

New photo on Reddit!!!

http://imgur.com/O9nwRTl

Follow the link at the photo to reddit thread on this. Apparently, friends say they remember the star tattoo and that he may be from NJ (as stated by Jason)

What link? I wanna read it but I see no link... then again the whole imgur thing is new to me. Never heard of it before seeing it posted on fb a few days ago...

How does someone have all these photos of someone and not know more?

This are not photos from a far but intimate photos. The lack of memory for G and the other is starting to make me question things.

I don't remember one of my college roommates' last name and I lived with her for 2 years; I only remember three teachers' and two professors' last names. I don't remember the first or last name of at least half of the men and women I've dated. I visited approximately 750 businesses last year, about 500 of them for the fifth or sixth time in as many years - I remember the names of fewer than a dozen of them.

I know that it confounds people who are "name oriented," but some of us have minds which hold general memories rather than specific details.

I responded to the poster and gave them links to Reddit, FB, and here. I told them the could talk to me or post on one of those sites. I have PMs out to Gray and the admins at the FB site asking for their emails to provide to the poster. I have one email, but would never give it out without permission.

I posted the Craigslist response by the "Aunt" on the proper websleuths thread here

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-claiming-to-be-Jason-s-aunt-last-night/page2

along with the name. We are posting "Jason/Jay's" photo all over the Internet, and I really don't see the difference in this case.

We are trying our best to determine who this poor Doe is, and it is not for us filter the information. We sleuth things down, and this may help the cause, just as the pictures have, I posted it there.

This Aunt was in contact with Dr D this morning, I believe he posted, so they have had 12 hours to determine if this is, regrettably, their relative and loved one.

HTH

And that confirms that he's right-handed. Not that I think that matters. But there was lots of chatter about him smoking with his left hand in the other pic.

I wouldn't say that confirms he's right handed. I'm left handed and do many things with my right hand. Like you said, it doesn't really matter but I just wanted to comment on that. When I was young, people thought left-handedness was strange and so tried to make me right handed and would make me do things right handed. In the process it has made my right hand into my stronger hand, but my left hand is still dominant and more coordinated. Left-handed people have to compensate for lack of left-handed things. I could go and on. Lol.

As much as I want this solved a small bit of me hopes this guys isn't our Jason doe. Look at that smile! I want him to be alive and happy and living his life.

How heartbreaking.

I know exactly how you feel.He's like a ray of sunshine.That smile and those eyes are unforgettable.

I have several pictures, of several people, taken back in the day at get togethers. I could not tell you the names of some of them, nor the last names of others of them. It's not all that uncommon. Acquaintances, not close friends, and the passing of time.....it happens.

I'm also a lefty that does a lot with my right hand, I wouldn't put a lot of stock into which hand he appears to be using.

I wouldn't really consider this a large number of photographs, especially considering the person who took them probably has hundreds. One of them is also of a different, better known person, one of them he's in the corner of a group photo, and the newest one is a random candid from what looks like a party. As someone who has gone through large quantities of old photographs looking for certain people, it absolutely makes sense to me that different ones would turn up at different times in different places. While it's nice to be organized, I think most people probably have envelopes of their old pictures in all sorts of random spots at home.

I wouldn't say that confirms he's right handed. I'm left handed and do many things with my right hand. Like you said, it doesn't really matter but I just wanted to comment on that. When I was young, people thought left-handedness was strange and so tried to make me right handed and would make me do things right handed. In the process it has made my right hand into my stronger hand, but my left hand is still dominant and more coordinated. Left-handed people have to compensate for lack of left-handed things. I could go and on. Lol.

ditto

How does someone have all these photos of someone and not know more?

This are not photos from a far but intimate photos. The lack of memory for G and the other is starting to make me question things.

I don't think this is fair. The folks providing the photos and new information were gracious enough to go to the trouble, plus risk revealing personal details. From the looks of it, this group of friends got the kid's photo in party situations 3-4 times. This does not indicate that he was their best buddy; they would not have necessarily known his life story. It's normal to go through many dozens of acquaintances and casual party friends when young. It's not realistic to expect someone to remember all of their full names and biographies decades later.

Concerning the Craiglist post. The last name she gives for Jay is unusual and uncommon. If GDfamily or Plunderphonica would hear it I would think it would click.

I searched Myrtle Beach for the more common spelling of that "C" name. There are several folks with that surname, some of whom are the correct age range to have possibly been GD's parents.

This has probably been brought up already and I apologize bc I'm playing catch up. However, has anyone tried to google his first name and the last address in Illinois and got any hits? If by chance he ever opened any kind of credit card or bank account, I would imagine his information would pop up somewhere. It's a long shot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think this is fair. The folks providing the photos and new information were gracious enough to go to the trouble, plus risk revealing personal details. From the looks of it, this group of friends got the kid's photo in party situations 3-4 times. This does not indicate that he was their best buddy; they would not have necessarily known his life story. It's normal to go through many dozens of acquaintances and casual party friends when young. It's not realistic to expect someone to remember all of their full names and biographies decades later.
I totally agree. I have pictures from the late 90's while I was in college at parties and as I look at them now, there are 6 people whom I don't remember. People that I've totally forgotten. Memories are a funny thing. At my high school reunion, there were people that I have totally forgotten about and it wasn't until their image jogged my memory as to think, "oh yeah, I remember that person....". I totally get it.

I searched Myrtle Beach for the more common spelling of that "C" name. There are several folks with that surname, some of whom are the correct age range to have possibly been GD's parents.

I don't think anyone should go contacting those people. Not our job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member