VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On her FB she references Happy Birthday to Jason - 36 years old in April of 2013. Which would make him born in 1977 - which makes him 18 in 1995. That's very promising! I hope this is it!

On her FB she references Happy Birthday to Jason - 36 years old in April of 2013. Which would make him born in 1977 - which makes him 18 in 1995. That's very promising! I hope this is it!

It seems that her Jason had a sister who passed away as well. Hopefully, if her son is GD, it can give her some closure.

This story is a sad one if it all hangs together. :(

Just chiming in to say thanks for the hard work on this case. I have been following this case for many years. I've always had a soft spot for him. I think it's bc the color sketch of Jason always reminded me of my mom's brother. When I saw the photograph of the roommate Jason, I got butterflies. He looks just like my mom's other brother. There is no relation but, wow!!!

I'm sad for that lady, she must have so many people messaging her right now. I wish people thought before they acted, but we all know it's what happening. I'm glad the FB page removed the post. At least no one else will see it, I hope the name gets shut down each time it's mentioned. People can be so thoughtless. I hope she at least finds some answers, I can only imagine how it must feel having a child out there and not know if they're alive or dead and then suddenly seeing a pic like looks like him and the story that goes along with it. My heart is with her right now.

I'm sad for that lady, she must have so many people messaging her right now. I wish people thought before they acted, but we all know it's what happening. I'm glad the FB page removed the post. At least no one else will see it, I hope the name gets shut down each time it's mentioned. People can be so thoughtless. I hope she at least finds some answers, I can only imagine how it must feel having a child out there and not know if they're alive or dead and then suddenly seeing a pic like looks like him and the story that goes along with it. My heart is with her right now.

With the changes to FB in recent years she may not see the messages. Only messages from friends show up in your inbox. Messages from non friends go to the "Other" box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually dont post and I would hate to go against TOS but I just read something very interesting on the Grateful Doe page on fb. It has both myrtle beach and a New jersey connenction, wich I think have been mentioned here somewhere.
I had taken a peek at the mom's fb (the one who posted on the GD fb page) and saw that she was from NJ. That fits, too.

I had taken a peek at the mom's fb (the one who posted on the GD fb page) and saw that she was from NJ. That fits, too.

I've seen people say that but I don't recall when nj entered the story or how. Roommates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greymetal posted on reddit that ME were 100% involved now and that people had contacted her to say they remember the star tattoo and that he mentioned coming from NJ.

EDIT: sorry it was the reddit post of the newest Jason photo with the red mug. The owner of that photo stated that friends made those remarks.

Well that's cool. Also getting to put a face to a name, the roommate "M", was neat. This has been exhausting. I only ended up here because of the Imgur post. I can't believe some of you do this all the time. Crocheting is much more relaxing!

You will become addicted I think though....everyone deserves to have their name. :)

For all the newbies on this board, there are other missing and unidentified Grateful Dead fans as well. Here is the link. Grateful Doe is featured on the site also. Please keep in mind that Cengiz Nuray was just recently identified. On this site, there are separate sections for missing GD fans and UID GD fans.

http://unsolvedgratefuldeadfans.homestead.com/index.html

Well that's cool. Also getting to put a face to a name, the roommate "M", was neat. This has been exhausting. I only ended up here because of the Imgur post. I can't believe some of you do this all the time. Crocheting is much more relaxing!

Why do you keep calling the roommate "M"? His name is Mark, it's been in the last few articles published on the case and even in the one linked.

Why do you keep calling the roommate "M"? His name is Mark, it's been in the last few articles published on the case and even in the one linked.

We were introduced to him as "M" when the original two photographs of Jason emerged.

When an official determination is made, it won't come from a social media comment.

Should this young man be ruled out, the same tools used to spread the word in the first place can be utilized. It's too late to worry about his photos being public. That bell can't be unrung. We can remove the images from this site. It's been done in other cases.

It's very simple:

1. Hold rumors at bay
2. Protect the privacy of innocent individuals.

Keep those two things in mind when you post, and you'll be fine

For all the newbies on this board, there are other missing and unidentified Grateful Dead fans as well. Here is the link. Grateful Doe is featured on the site also. Please keep in mind that Cengiz Nuray was just recently identified. On this site, there are separate sections for missing GD fans and UID GD fans.

http://unsolvedgratefuldeadfans.homestead.com/index.html

Beware of this site as a source. The only case I looked at had inaccurate information. The unidentified male who was found in Atlanta, Georgia on July 20, 1995 had nothing to do with the Grateful Dead. The Dead had stopped touring 11 days prior to that accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scc79535