VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch out she's starting to say that this is bogus and she's getting fished and spammed now. I hope her negativity won't turn away a possible lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the Facebook users name?

Am I allowed to post her name on here?

Like Tssiemer said, she is on there talking about "getting spammed" & telling people to be careful. I REALLY hope she doesn't discourage anybody with info from coming forward.

Hey guys,

I know there was no harm intended, but let's be very careful about who we do, and do not, contact in our search for our GD.

At the moment, realistically, all we have to go off is the photo and knowing that is name is Jason. I'm sure that more and more information will become available over the coming days. It is very exciting when somebody comments on Facebook, or perhaps even here, with something that may be a possible lead. But remember, be skeptical with all posts. It's important to ensure our sanity, in what is such a crazy time!

Now that that is out of the way, I adore everyones enthusiasm that is here. Seeing the guests + visitors of this thread jump from 1 (usually me) to atleast 20 at a time blows my mind!

WebSleuths, you are a wonderful, warm, opening community and I cannot thank you enough for this.

So sorry this looks to have taken on a negative effect all over. You did a really great job with what you had done to find this lead; it appears all are not "playing" in harmony. Really breaks my heart when this happens. We're all after the same thing; identifying Grateful Doe. Sorry that I am clueless exactly what happened & what went so badly wrong. </3

Watch out she's starting to say that this is bogus and she's getting fished and spammed now. I hope her negativity won't turn away a possible lead.

You just can't email or msg people out of the blue asking if they or someone is photoed in relationship to an Unsolved death. The amount of people messaging me now makes me somewhat regret coming forward.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath

That Person on fb thread, is driving me insane... they really need to stop with the nasty comments and spreading the vileness about 'bad links' 'spam' and using 'several accounts with different names' comments...

It saddens me so much, i'm praying this is the starts of JD being given his identity back and the closure and dignity he deserves.

Thank you all for your hard work, and don't let a few negative comments put you off.

You just can't email or msg people out of the blue asking if they or someone is photoed in relationship to an Unsolved death. The amount of people messaging me now makes me somewhat regret coming forward.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath

I think we need to remember also that these people on Facebook probably aren't sleuthers so they may now know etiquette and all the rules and tricks and terminology we use.

RE: the people on Facebook who are negatively affecting the search...just report them! There is an option to report a post, if we report the issues Facebook will take care of it over time.

To be fair, greymetal has stated several times on multiple websites that they are in the middle of exploring some specific leads. This is all very exciting, but until the current issues are resolved we should really just be patient. Sometimes, there unfortunately isn't anything to really do except wait. That certainly wasn't the case a week ago, but I think at this particular moment it is.

Here is some more information...

Jay was in Albany NY for both shows
I read somewhere that GD had a note. We left the kid a note to when we left him in our hotel. This kid had no money and was floor surfing. It is possible the note in his pocket was from a hotel or someone he was staying with. Remember there was no texting or anything back then.

As far as the pictures... My father in law is a detective here in Syracuse,NY. I sent him the 3 side by sides. He said that it is as close as it can be. I explained the circumstances of the crash and why there was a sketch. It is likely GD was decapitated or close to it. The only difference he could point out was the teeth. The teeth on sketch are more outward than the photo. But with a catostropic injuries it makes sense
If those are drawn to scale... The scale is almost completely aligned between sketch and photo. The Adam's apple is the same. The bulge under GDs lip and Jason's photo are the same as well.

Here is some more information...

Jay was in Albany NY for both shows
I read somewhere that GD had a note. We left the kid a note to when we left him in our hotel. This kid had no money and was floor surfing. It is possible the note in his pocket was from a hotel or someone he was staying with. Remember there was no texting or anything back then.

As far as the pictures... My father in law is a detective here in Syracuse,NY. I sent him the 3 side by sides. He said that it is as close as it can be. I explained the circumstances of the crash and why there was a sketch. It is likely GD was decapitated or close to it. The only difference he could point out was the teeth. The teeth on sketch are more outward than the photo. But with a catostropic injuries it makes sense
If those are drawn to scale... The scale is almost completely aligned between sketch and photo. The Adam's apple is the same. The bulge under GDs lip and Jason's photo are the same as well.

Are you referring to the "Caroline T & Caroline O" note? I'm sorry, I'm just trying to keep up.

I'm just saying whoever it was with us... He was doing the tour by crashing with people. He told us he had done it Vermont too. So if people were going home or leaving and maybe he was still sleeping they'd leave a note. That note seems pretty close to what someone would leave in that situation.

I'm just saying whoever it was with us... He was doing the tour by crashing with people. He told us he had done it Vermont too. So if people were going home or leaving and maybe he was still sleeping they'd leave a note. That note seems pretty close to what someone would leave in that situation.

Ahh, I see what you're saying. That makes sense.

Hi everyone,

I just woke up to a tonne of messages and posts! Looks like there has been some drama. Don't let that bother you or cause you distress. I'm sure that everything is being managed as it should be. I apologise for being gone for a few hours, but today is my first day back at work and I needed some sleep! Haha! I've only had about 5 hours sleep in the past 2 or 3 days so my body need a recharge! :D

I am not too sure what is happening on the Facebook, as I am no longer posting or reading any of the information that is going on there. I have had discussions with one person who posted on there stating that they may know the 'Jason' in the photos. But I am no longer discussing with her, so you will know first on the Facebook. Please, remember what I said in the previous post, be careful about contacting people directly who have publicly claimed to know something about GD or Jason; We don't want to suffocate them with questions :)

J said it correctly; We just need to be patient right now. As of right now, we have a very strong lead with the photos. We are posting these photos wherever possible and there are a NUMBER of people making enquiries to relevant places/people to see if anymore information may come of it. That is where we are at now :)

I am in contact with people who have posted here stating that they may or may not have known Jay.

Rest assured, as soon as there are ANYMORE serious updates, I will make a post here for you all to read.

In the meantime, if anyone else reads an update, or sees one somewhere, or even gets some possible information.. post away! This forum is ALL for SHARING information we may have. Whether it later gets ruled out. We are here to help one another :)

To everyone who has thanked or supported our search in the recent comments; I have one thing to say back.. THANK YOU! This was a group effort by WS, Reddit and Imgur. There is no one individual user who had anything to do with this lead, it was all of the wonderful communities working together. And that is what is important.. that we continue working together and supporting one another.

A night of thinking and a morning of texts with my other friend...
Our Jay was at a hotel in Albany for 3 days before heading to DC. GD passed just after this shows.
Jay did have a bag. And he had a wallet

Jay did not have a plan from Albany to DC we could not help him out here

Okay, well if your Jay and GD are one and the same, then that is helpful.

Where is his wallet and bag? Was that recovered at the scene of the car wreck and not listed in the case info to the public?

What are some viable avenues or areas to sleuth for Jay, given the known "facts" of the new information we have, combined with the old information?

Has anyone done a summary of facts on GD?

Okay, well if your Jay and GD are one and the same, then that is helpful.

Where is his wallet and bag? Was that recovered at the scene of the car wreck and not listed in the case info to the public?

Have to wonder if someone ripped him off after the concert. Its the only explanation

What are some viable avenues or areas to sleuth for Jay, given the known "facts" of the new information we have, combined with the old information?

Has anyone done a summary of facts on GD?

There is a thread dedicated to the facts of the case. I'm more than happy to set one up tonight dedicated to the facts we currently have? :)

GD Family:

-Did Jay really like to eat or drink anything specific that you recall?

-Did Jay mention any family members whatsoever?

-Was Jay obsessed with the GD and living his life to go to their concerts?

-Do you know if Jay went to any other concerts?

-What did Jay say about the Island that you spoke to him about?

-What level of education would you say Jay had?

-Was Jay's constant interrupting "childlike" in nature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne