VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Swizzle,

Lead 1 first made contact with me, and I am still in contact with them. I am also in contact lead lead 2. I'm unsure if FB page is :)

I just want to toss in here that I also know a Jason that we call Jay, so that doesn't seem to be uncommon.

I made a facebook post in a local classifieds group which has within an hour been liked/shared a good bit. I also have a friend who works at a local news station. She is a digital news producer. I contacted her about the story and pic and she said she will forward it along. Also, I contacted Saint James Middle School, but had to leave a message. I will do more when I get the chance (fulltime job and fulltime single mom leaves little time, but I've always had a passion for this sort of thing, especially when they are close to home).

ETA: several people have commented on my facebook posts that he looks familiar. Fingers crossed that we can get a solid lead!!!!!!

Another quick question. How sure are we that the number on the note didn't have any area code? The reason I ask is because 914 was an area code for NY, where he would have traveled from Albany to DC if Lead #2 is solid. It would really not mean much except to further tie Lead #2 to GD.

There is a photograph of the note online. It's 7 digits and begins with 914.

157fd9c617895d81cea329ca4a863f3a.png

AnotherQueen, if your professor takes it on, maybe she can get autopsy photos from the medical examiner to compare as well?

I have another question. Are the pix of the necklaces the actual necklaces? Jewelry can be such an important part of identifying somebody. I used to make hemp (macrame) necklaces back then (I'm roughly the same age as Jay/Jason), & people would often bring me a bead or pendant that they wanted on their necklace. Did either of his necklaces have a unique pendant on them?

Update: my friend who works at the local news station has passed it along and is now contacting police about it

AnotherQueen, if your professor takes it on, maybe she can get autopsy photos from the medical examiner to compare as well?

It may be possible, but highly unlikely. She may be an ME for this state, but I don't think it'd be that easy to get them. She's probably too busy to help me with a cold case anyway, sadly, that's why the only thing I asked of her was her opinion on it.

It's great that the case is getting so much publicity, but I wonder if saying to call Grateful Doe's case manager if you recognize JASON is the right thing to do. We still don't know if he's Grateful Doe. I haven't seen any word from law enforcement, and usually that sort of thing seems to be frowned upon here.

One last question
What arm was GDs tat on? He is smoking with his left arm. Meaning he's left handed. Most get tats on their dominant hand.
Also he had a yellow lighter and was smoking in the new updated pic.

The left ear pierced in new pic and GDne left ear pierced did it for me
Statistically with name and one ear pierced it is virtually a lock they are on in the same.

The left ear pierced in new pic and GDne left ear pierced did it for me
Statistically with name and one ear pierced it is virtually a lock they are on in the same.

How do you know the Jason in the pic has his ear pierced? I have zoomed in so many times in both pics and can't see an earring.

One last question
What arm was GDs tat on? He is smoking with his left arm. Meaning he's left handed. Most get tats on their dominant hand.
Also he had a yellow lighter and was smoking in the new updated pic.

I'm right handed; smoke with my left, carry my pocketbook on my left shoulder; also my 1st tat was on my left shoulder. As a matter of fact, I have more tats on my left side then right. lol

I have another question. Are the pix of the necklaces the actual necklaces? Jewelry can be such an important part of identifying somebody. I used to make hemp (macrame) necklaces back then (I'm roughly the same age as Jay/Jason), & people would often bring me a bead or pendant that they wanted on their necklace. Did either of his necklaces have a unique pendant on them?

Photo taken from his NamUs profile

Attachments

• IMG_0744.jpg
    IMG_0744.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 319
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors