VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil Lesh, the bassist for the Grateful Dead, has prominently featured this boy on his official website, including a photo and a link to either the doenetwork or the GratefulDoe myspace page. He made a personal appeal to all fans to please help to attempt to identify him. The word has apparently gotten out amongst fans of the band, as I clicked on the link to Phil Lesh's appeal from a site only vaguely connected to music. This was roughly three years ago that I saw it. I did follow some of the links at the time, and it seems that fans of the band are really involved in finding out the identity of this boy. I really hope that someone finds out who he is.

That is really so sweet and wonderful. :clap:

I have never seen any mention of Jason Reynolds before in connection to this matter. Sounds like something worth pursuing. The age, height, description all seem to be about right. The Dead played three shows in Las Vegas about two weeks after this Jason disappeared, so it seems conceivable he would have hitchhiked to Las Vegas, then followed the band over the course of the next two years. Dead shows in the Montana area were few and far between.
As to the earlier post about Phil Lesh's official website, I have never seen anything on the site about this matter. I guess it could be there and I'm missing it. The URL is www.phillesh.net. But I know that there has been some discussion of this case on various Grateful Dead-related fan sites, and even on the official www.dead.net. However, that was fan discussion. I don't recall any "official" mention of this case by the band or any member.

Kaylen - I agree - you should call it in and see if you can get more information. They have so little on Reynolds, it would be very difficult to match him up.

Good work!

Salem

well I emailed someone and got a generic message, will be sent to the person in charge of the case.. I'm not very good on the phone and well I havent really studied this case like some but I will call if no one else wants to jump on the oppertunity :angel:

Kaylen - give them a day or so to respond. If you don't hear back, then by all means give them a call.

You have done excellent work here. Probably the best lead in a while on this case. I'm crossing my fingers that you will hear back by the end of next week and that the person in charge will fully consider this possible match.

Sending you prayers,

Salem

It was 18 years ago today that this unidentified young man was killed.

I remember seeing on the doenetwork a man that went missing from (I think) Australia. The main picture they have up doesn't look too much like Jason Doe but the 2nd picture when you open the link does. I will try and find it and post.
Does anyone think there is a chnace he was not from the US and here visiting friends to see "local" Dead shows?

I remember seeing on the doenetwork a man that went missing from (I think) Australia. The main picture they have up doesn't look too much like Jason Doe but the 2nd picture when you open the link does. I will try and find it and post.
Does anyone think there is a chnace he was not from the US and here visiting friends to see "local" Dead shows?

I certainly think it is possible, and it sure wouldn't hurt to check it out.

It is probably not Jason Doe but I thought the 2nd picture looked like him a little. What does everyone else think?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1812dmvic.html

I think the pictures are very, very close. Are you going to call this one in? There is an email address in the 1st post on this thread that you can contact. Please let me know if you send the information in. I really think these pictures are close.

Salem

I think the pictures are very, very close. Are you going to call this one in? There is an email address in the 1st post on this thread that you can contact. Please let me know if you send the information in. I really think these pictures are close.

Salem

I agree with Salem and think you should call this one in. I think it's about the closest match for Jason in looks that I have seen so far, even though the distance is questionable. He could conceivably found a way to come to the US. Please keep us posted !!

I can't find the link to send this one in. Can someone help me find the link to send it in? I'm pretty mucha newbie to this, been a lurker for awhile though Thanks :)

I just found the email link, i placed an email, I will let you know if I hear anything

I just found the email link, i placed an email, I will let you know if I hear anything

Oh good! Glad you found the link. I really think these pictures are close. Not just the 2nd one. When I trace around the eyes, eyebrows, etc. on all three of the pictures, they just are very similar.

I'll be impatiently waiting to hear what they say :)

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member