VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the death wasn't reported to the police because the family didn't want the body. Or couldn't afford a funeral. But that's strange because I searched for 'Clarke' on whitepages.com and there are a few on there, one of which is Cecil Clarke with a job listing of owner of Clarke farms.

Cameron appears to be just over the western border of lee county.

The local library here has a subscription to ancestry.com. You can only use it from inside the library. I might be going there tomorrow, I'll see if I can find out what the record says.

Also, I searched on Intelius and a record came up for a Jason c Clarke aged 36 with a previous location of Cameron. It's only $2. Might buy that later.

I sent you a private message with the names, address and phone number of the parents of the late Jason C. Clarke.

:banghead: Don't think Jason Clarke is right either. Went to the library and there were two records for him.. one in the SSDI and the other in NC death index, which appeared to say he died in a hospital in Sanford which is in lee county.

Gah.

Maybe the death wasn't reported to the police because the family didn't want the body. Or couldn't afford a funeral. But that's strange because I searched for 'Clarke' on whitepages.com and there are a few on there, one of which is Cecil Clarke with a job listing of owner of Clarke farms.

There was a call made which is thought to have been a relative of his.

I can't seem to find a Jason Clarke in the death records maintained by the Register of Deeds for Moore County. http://rod.moorecountync.gov/DEATH/SearchEntry.aspx

Ancestry.com has records of Jason Cecil Clarke, dying in 1995, but dying in Lee County, NC.

I'm a little confused here. If Ancestry has a record of Jason Clarke dying in 1995 - how can that be Jason Doe? As far as we know... nobody knows he has died, because nobody knows who he is, right? So how could Ancestry or Social Security Indexes know?

Salem

There was a call made which is thought to have been a relative of his.

Maryland - did you by chance happen to write down the name of the person who told you this? Iirc, it was someone in LE, right?

Thanks,

Salem

I'm a little confused here. If Ancestry has a record of Jason Clarke dying in 1995 - how can that be Jason Doe? As far as we know... nobody knows he has died, because nobody knows who he is, right? So how could Ancestry or Social Security Indexes know?

Salem

One possibility is that the family knows he's dead but just never claimed the body.

One possibility is that the family knows he's dead but just never claimed the body.

If the family knows he is dead, but failed to identify/claim the body, how would they get a death cert? Doesn't Ancestry base its info on actual death certificates?

I think before the deceased could show up in any official records, he would have to be declared legally dead, right? That means there would be a court action somewhere? Approx. 7 years after the person's disappearance, depending on state laws and any mitigating circumstances? Does that sound right? Should we be looking for "declared deceased" records somewhere?

Salem

Not trying to get hopes up or anything. The drawing looks similar to someone I kinda knew, the cartoon red haired photo, not so much.

I knew he liked the Grateful dead, name was Jason, his dad kicked him out of the
house around 1995 for drug use (Marijuana). I heard he started following the dead. We weren't very good friends because his dad thought that I might be a trouble maker by appearance and he couldn't hang out. He had brown hair the last time I saw him but, had kinda done the chunked red thing.

I'll ask around tomorrow and see if any of the old friends have heard from him. I would hate to startle his dad if it is the wrong person since he didn't like me much initially anyway. It didn't click with me till I saw the drawing. The cartoon person looks like someone else. He was from Gaffney SC. I'll see what I can find.

What about this one?

The hair is listed as blonde but could have been dyed red.

There are tattoos not mentioned for "Jason" but if the body was severely damaged would they be still visible?

The eyes are said to be blue - however I can definitely tell you that my eyecolor on my documents i.e. drivers license are listed as "blue" since they usually appear to be a shade of blue but depending on how the light hits them can be grey, green or brown or a combination.

Also eye color can change as one gets older.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rose_pete.html

Not the same Jason I knew. He lives in Louisiana now after having been in a bit of trouble for a while. I found his sister whom still lives local. It was worth a check though.

Not the same Jason I knew. He lives in Louisiana now after having been in a bit of trouble for a while. I found his sister whom still lives local. It was worth a check though.

Bummer.

You can make an avatar on yahoo that looks quite a bit like the drawing of Jason, fwiw. There's a facial expression of gumball in cheek there that would work great.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever thought about Jason Jack Russo?

http://missingkids.com/missingkids/...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

It sounds like they may have died on their fishing trip but what if the kids father decided to take off with him? That could explain why nobody ever came forward in the case. Maybe his father didn't want to get himself into trouble for running off with him and other family members may not have recognized him as he would have been older.

It's probably already been mentioned here or possibly even ruled out but I just wanted to throw it out there because you never know right? I'd really like to see this case solved and as time goes by it seems less and less likely to happen. It really gets to me when I see all of these people on here without a name, without a proper resting place, and knowing that someone out there misses them.

What about this one?

The hair is listed as blonde but could have been dyed red.

There are tattoos not mentioned for "Jason" but if the body was severely damaged would they be still visible?

The eyes are said to be blue - however I can definitely tell you that my eyecolor on my documents i.e. drivers license are listed as "blue" since they usually appear to be a shade of blue but depending on how the light hits them can be grey, green or brown or a combination.

Also eye color can change as one gets older.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rose_pete.html

This Jason was last seen in CA approx. 15 days before our Doe's auto accident in VA. Now that is enough time to drive cross country (or fly), go to concerts and get a ride heading back towards the west coast. And there is some resemblance. But .... the tattoos really throw me off, here. This Jason has a large tattoo across his chest. Jason Doe's face was severely damaged and swollen from the auto wreck - which is why we have sketches instead of pictures, but my understanding is that his body was not so mangled that a large tattoo across the chest would not have been visible.

Salem

Jason Whaley I had a friend that left to follow the Grateful Dead that I never saw again, looks similar to the photo.

Things that match:

Dead Head
Known hitch hiker
Would have been about 18 in '95
Had long red hair
His family wouldn't report him missing. They were all typically homeless and traveled around where ever construction jobs took them.
I am quite skilled at locating people (I do this for a collection agency), but can find no trace of my friend, though I look often.

Things that don't match:

He was taller. Probably about 6' to 6' 2"
His name was not Jason

His name is David Bonham. His friends call him Red.
His fathers name is Jesse Bonham
He has an older brother named Gerald, he goes by Jerry and had a different last name.
They were from CA but often lived in Las Vegas.
He has a sister that was older than him also but I don't know her name. Maybe Sarah
February 10 at 10:23pm · Report

This is posted on facebook page under description surely there is a way to contact the family of the guy in question

I searched on Myspace and there is a David Bonham aged 32 that lives in Sacramento.
I searched on Intelius and there is a DAvid Bonham aged 33 that has a previous address of Huntington Beach. Other addresses in WI and Va.
If you search for Jesse Bonham on Intelius a result comes up with a relative Jerry Bonham. Jason Whaley wrote that his last name was different.

Chico, CA was listed as a lived there location for Jesse Bonham so I checked the Court Case records for Butte County for Gerald, Jesse, and David and nothing came up.

Checking Clark County, NV Court Case records for them now.

There is an auto negligence case against a David Bonham from 1994.
Same for a Gerald Bonham (Who also goes by the last name Bronson?) from 1993.
That's it. Nothing more recent.

---------------------

Milky the boy in your link went missing in 2005 not 1995.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710