VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today marks the anniversary.Lighting candles in memory of Mr. Hager and Jason,won't you join me?

There are two possible leads that I am curious if anyone has followed up on. First of all, has anyone tried to post at dead.net, or specifically the pages dedicated to the shows on the 24th and 25th?
http://www.dead.net/show/june-25-1995?page=4 http://www.dead.net/show/june-24-1995
I know there was talk of sending PMs to every person on those boards, I think it would be a great idea.

Secondly, does anyone have the source and or date of this picture?

I guess you've all seen this picture before, it was taken in 1995, July i think

View attachment 42496

Was it July or earlier? Have either of these men been identified?

There are two possible leads that I am curious if anyone has followed up on. First of all, has anyone tried to post at dead.net, or specifically the pages dedicated to the shows on the 24th and 25th?
http://www.dead.net/show/june-25-1995?page=4 http://www.dead.net/show/june-24-1995
I know there was talk of sending PMs to every person on those boards, I think it would be a great idea.

Secondly, does anyone have the source and or date of this picture?

Was it July or earlier? Have either of these men been identified?

I think I located the source of the photo. I reverse google image searched it, and the poster of it on dead.net was a man named Gregory Lucier. I looked him up, found his twitter. He is a huge Greatful Dead fan. I believe he is the young man in the photo. He posted it on twitter as well and said: "Happy Birthday Bob Weir." I believe the older gentleman in the photo is Bob Weir himself -- a member of the band.

Although this photo is eerie, and the guy with the tie-dye shirt is a dead ringer for Jason Doe, I don't think it could be him. I really think Gregory Lucier is the man in the photo.

Okay guys. Just confirmed via Facebook. The man in the tie dye is alive and well. He looks like Grateful Doe but is not him!!

Thinking out loud and a little out of the box here..... Anybody use Instagram? Anybody on Pinterest? Does anyone live where there is a public access TV channel where members of the community can develop and host their own cable-access 15 minute TV show? Anyone with a smartphone and tons of computer knowledge that could develop a basic "Jason info" smartphone app? Anyone have a booth at a swap meet/flea market/ antique store type place where they could put a Jason info poster on the back wall for shoppers to see? Cut a long piece of posterboard that resembles a bumper sticker but extends the length of the back window of a vehicle and handwrite Jason's basic info with the reconstructed faces on it-that way people behind you at the red light or in heavy traffic will see it....

Thinking out loud and a little out of the box here..... Anybody use Instagram? Anybody on Pinterest? Does anyone live where there is a public access TV channel where members of the community can develop and host their own cable-access 15 minute TV show? Anyone with a smartphone and tons of computer knowledge that could develop a basic "Jason info" smartphone app? Anyone have a booth at a swap meet/flea market/ antique store type place where they could put a Jason info poster on the back wall for shoppers to see? Cut a long piece of posterboard that resembles a bumper sticker but extends the length of the back window of a vehicle and handwrite Jason's basic info with the reconstructed faces on it-that way people behind you at the red light or in heavy traffic will see it....
Another thought on the car thing- if anyone goes to Phish shows, or other jam bands, they could prop a poster in the front or back of their car for people walking through the parking lot to see.

Another thought on the car thing- if anyone goes to Phish shows, or other jam bands, they could prop a poster in the front or back of their car for people walking through the parking lot to see.

Great idea, just don't tell them the music is similar, lol!

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20108280,00.html

"It's a crowd that also doesn't want to hear their beloved band compared with the Grateful Dead. But the similarities are hard to ignore: Besides sharing the Dead's tour-driven success, Phish (a meaningless name the band decided to keep) is given to three-and four-hour improvised sets and attracts a rabid, proto-hippie fan base that follows the band, Dead Head-style, from concert to concert, gossiping via Phish Net, a computer network that reaches 40,000 subscribers. "No, no, no, they're not alike." insists Ah a 20-year-old disciple who has driven 150 miles from Birmingham, Ala., to catch the Atlanta show. "People compare the Phish Heads to Dead Pleads, but the bands sound totally different."

Hi all! I am new here!

I am so glad to see this case here. Many years ago I saw this case and was hooked. I think back then the picture they had of Doe had him with curly red hair?

Hi all! I am new here!

I am so glad to see this case here. Many years ago I saw this case and was hooked. I think back then the picture they had of Doe had him with curly red hair?

Good Day laughin! Once they did an updated picture of Grateful Doe I thought he looked like an entirely different person.I still see him as the curly red head with a very sincere look to him.

Hi all! I am new here!

Welcome to Ws. laughin, glad you joined in!

Good Day laughin! Once they did an updated picture of Grateful Doe I thought he looked like an entirely different person.I still see him as the curly red head with a very sincere look to him.

Yeah. I thought so too. So for a long time I would look at missing persons with red hair. Hopefully the new image will help!

His FB page admin says someone is out there claiming he's been identified -- and tho he hasn't, the fb page says authorities think they *may*
Have a positive ID thanks to facial comparison.... Anyone hear about this??

His FB page admin says someone is out there claiming he's been identified -- and tho he hasn't, the fb page says authorities think they *may*
Have a positive ID thanks to facial comparison.... Anyone hear about this??

I posted about this yesterday? So weird, my post disappeared.

I saw the FB page that has been created claiming they have figured out the identity of Grateful Doe but the page admin said they will not release the name until it's confirmed but did say his name is not Jason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demee