VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry- OT, but can some one tell me what "BBM" means on here? I've tried and tried and can only come up with "Better Be Meaningful" ;)

I still think they look just alike!! And without those dreads even more so.

I've been following this case off and on and on the media so this may have been discussed already, please excuse me if it has. Has it been published if the Dreads are his natural hair or extensions? I'm sure you know why I'm asking. It would be much more difficult to identify him if he is without the dreads even with his large size.

Oh wow!!!! Me too!!! That is nuts!! But, I just asked my coworker and she didn't think so as much.... :dunno:

The sketch is the scary face of an attacker and the photos show the blank face of a person who looks like an adolescent (and probably has a mindset to match).

How does a grown adult hurt somebody severely yet not mean it. Lordy friends cut out the excuses!!!! So will that be his excuse if he is charged? I didn't mean to hurt her as I don't know the limit of my strength???? Seems to me what he cant control is his temper. This scares me. Scares me for Hannah.

Not defending anything, but my husband was a medic for the military and well, they rough-housed A LOT - like it's what try did to pass time and just to mess with eachother - and my husband, who I would totally describe as a gentle giant, broke a fellow soldier's arm while wrestling, just playing around. It happens more than you think, especially with certain groups of friends. Makes sense a big guy, who is described as "slow" and "nice" might not realize his strength (which definitely makes me are this more as a potential accident) Again, not making excuses! This is just my opinion!

Jeez he has some new info and isn't sharing it -- what's the point of the show?

IMO (I just switched off):
he's fishing for a MSM outlet to show up with the big $$.
hearsay, again. He's NOT interviewing anyone on air. "I talked to someone who blah, told me that blahdiblah ..." Rinse & repeat ad nauseaum & far too many ums ahs & errrr.

(Disclaimer: If you haven't already noticed, I'm a huge cynic regarding MSM)

IKR. Why not years ago? Or after the many other sexual assaults? smh

Because this is a very high profile case that involves an actual UVA student. I think IU did the same after Lauren Spierer disappeared.

My stupid computer crashed. Who is this woman he is talking to now?

Now it's gone to commercial, which he doesn't do. He does dead air instead of commercials. And he's back...

No, they didn't go to the hospital, Coy said.

Someone "severely" injured,but did not go to hospital? Did he get medical treatment? Lots of boys in my family, and yes, roughhousing happens. Also at college, someone gets hurt every month from some horseplay. So it's not necessarily a big deal issue. Depends on the situations. Did it get out of hand in terms of flaring tempers?

The sketch is the scary face of an attacker and the photos show the blank face of a person who looks like an adolescent (and probably has a mindset to match).

Jmo I think it's a spot on match to sketch and I also think that's why I'm seeing "wanted" posters for reckless driving. I also agree with the poster who suggested 2005 Fairfax victim has fingered JM.

Going downstairs now. Let's hope for some resolution.

O/T....I was forced to buy a crockpot...jmo
and there are many a good sleuth in these forums who can tell you how to do the spot clean, house fresh, had a productive day in about 5 mins flat for those cases where...well like Hannah's.

jmo

This cracks me up.
Reminds me of a friend, who sprays windex around like room freshener. They said it has the scent of 'i worked really hard cleaning the house'.

How does a grown adult hurt somebody severely yet not mean it. Lordy friends cut out the excuses!!!! So will that be his excuse if he is charged? I didn't mean to hurt her as I don't know the limit of my strength???? Seems to me what he cant control is his temper. This scares me. Scares me for Hannah.

And that is why he is being compared to Lenny, and here I sit in amazement that Jesse is being compared to this character.

Re "rough housing" & "severely hurt": Cog says "no one went to hospital"

Thanks for the explanation. My understanding was that when requesting a judge sign an order for a search warrant, police had to have probably cause to believe a crime was committed and it had to list very specifically where they intend to search and what they expect to find. Are you saying that if a person is on probation or parole, these rules no longer apply?

Franco is right. But this guy isn't on probation, is he?

I am really shocked that they are expecting some results back late this afternoon.

That is extremely rare and very fast.

It usually takes many weeks to get lab results returned.

The only two cases I can remember that the lab did return the results very quickly was the Heinz mass murder case in Georgia and the Gee mass murder case in Illinois.

That is very rare though.

IMO

It can happen but you're right. You've been around here long enough to know how it usually goes.

I've been following the best I can, wow, these threads are moving fast! I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

I think LE is doing a great job with this case. I'm not a local, but I've watched the presser's, and I like Chief Longo, and I think he knows what he's doing. I think LE has compelling evidence that points straight to JLM, and I got the impression from the first presser that Longo wanted to arrest JLM but those higher up like the DA and perhaps others wanted to wait for more evidence. If that's the case, I wonder if in part too much political correctness might be guiding the decisions of the DA and others higher up. JMO.

I don't think "WG" had anything to do with Hannah's disappearance. Surely he's been thoroghly investigated by LE. Why so many remain focused on him I have no idea. JLM however is the person last seen with Hannah. JLM has been uncooperative from the get-go. JLM refuses to answer LE's questions about Hannah, and JLM has fled. These are not the actions of an innocent person. I think LE has the right person in their sites, and I hope by the end of the day they have enough evidence back from the forensics to issue another warrant for JLM's arrest. I doubt we'll hear much more directly from LE until JLM is arrested. JMO.

Stop it! Stop being logical!!!

Its like this over dramatic rambling on and on not very journalistic type language or diction, And in longos case the same plus saying ""We want to talk to Jesse Matthew. We want to talk to him about his interaction with this sweet young girl we can’t find," its just not cop talk not professional talk. I wonder if they are being coached .... I mean probably not and I need to put my tinfoil hat on but it makes me wonder.

BBM. Of course. Am I the only crazy person on here who reads about how LE uses psychology to flesh out and/or address, influence, pressure a suspect? The FBI is involved here, guys. And the chief of police is someone with decades of experience. They know what they're doing. It may not succeed but it seems clear to me that they are directly attempting to affect and address the suspect.

and why at all with the "certainty" Longo has about JM?

JM isn't behind bars, you know.

Friends of JM comparing him to Lenny from Of Mice and Men--may accidentally physically hurt people more than he means to.

He hurt someone the night Hannah disappeared, just hours before he was with her, and he "hurt them severely". Was roughhousing in a bar.

On Coy Barefoot live right now

Okay, wouldn't this be enough to arrest Jm for? Another charge to add to the list? I;m not sure if I believe that he hurt a friend "severely" that night.

My guess:
Rape victim from 2005 told LE that she believes JM could be the guy.
LE then goes and gets an additional search warrant with permission to get DNA from JM's apartment.

Is this possible? Holes?

Of course it's possible. But here's the thing: Don;t they have the DNA from that 05' rape? And do they have a sample from JM? From his home? Or is that something they desperately need from him?

Has anyone seen the search warrants? I'm off to find out how this jurisdiction treats the media's access to search warrants. BRB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon