VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since jm takes folks to surgery etc he may have or know of knock out drugs.

I'm not sure someone who pushed people on trolleys to and from an OR will get anywhere near "knock out drugs". They certainly wouldn't here in the UK. Porters (as we call them) hand patients over to OR nurses way before any anaesthetics are administered and don't collect the patients until surgery is over and the patient needs transported back to a ward.

Do they have JM's DNA? They may have found DNA that they believe is his and perhaps it matches something of interest (e.g. DNA from another case). But, I think they need to get a DNA sample directly from him (or something they observe him in contact with) to prove it is his DNA.

I believe 18.2-48 is a DNA Qualified Felony in VA - meaning they can collect DNA at the time of arrest (no conviction required).

Just throwing this out there.
Here's the previous post I referenced...

Is it possible to convict for murder in the absence of a body in Virginia?

Just happened. Serving two life sentences. First time it happened, I believe, was in the late 1980's, here in Charlottesville.

Whichever way it goes, the days of Chief Longo being so open with the public are coming to an end. This could be for stated reasons, or it could be because this openness was a police "tactic" that failed to achieve results. I predict a lot of frustration and disappointment in the days ahead for the police, the Grahams, and for us here at WS.

Oh my! Really hoping this isn't so. MOO.

MOO
While I wasn't in the "WG did it" camp, I thought WG might well be intrigued by an attractive, drunk, disoriented woman in a (legal) opportunity-knocks kind of way. When WG sees JM take charge of the situation, he thinks someone else has grabbed the opportunity and leaves the field. I felt this was close to the story WG told, but a little more likely than a "white knight" interpretation.
MOO

Speaking of WG, how did JM pass WG after we see them on the Sal's video. I mean, WG follows behind Hannah, and behind Wg is the group of people, then we see JM. Then, by the time the jewelry store video starts, JM has passed WG and is walking with Hannah.

WTOP ‏@WTOP 1m
Police confirm that they received the forensics report, which led to the defile charge #hannahgraham http://bit.ly/1uj6Z4t

It's almost like whoever is releasing this info is reading here and responding to posts.

Plus, how would they know she was upper middle class?

Sex traffickers are essentially pimps. They know who to target. They are streetwise. They work together. They know where to sell their women/girls.

Essentially, they want trade they can control, so they use young teens with no other real options or anyone who is really fighting for them, or they work with immigrants who speak no English and do no understand the laws of this country, who come here not knowing anyone or anything and who may be pressured by threats to family back home if they don;t work off whatever is owed.

None of that tends to work with middle class white college girls. And pimps know that. Like any criminal, they want easy victims, not ones who will cause too many problems and fight a lot. How do you control a college girl with a family who loves her, when trying to sell her at truck stops?

And they can smell a girl who will fit, a mile away. It's their trade. A drunk girl might be easy to victimize at that moment but they aren't finding girls to rape. They are finding girls to sell.

excellent points

Someone mentioned this a few pages back (sorry I would quote it but I don't feel like digging for it now..) that it's possible he is a match to other cases but they need his *official* DNA -- taken in the legal/proper manner from a cheek swab in order to charge him, vs taken from his car or his bedroom with the "assumption" that it's his DNA.

So, I agree with this completely and still think it's very possible he will have additional murder/rape charges posted against him.

That would be a huge silver lining to this case.

Seems like we kept getting details in Alexis' case, before the trial?

We always get some evidence. It may not be everything, because we will ALWAYS have questions...but we usually get pieces of evidence in cases.

I think it's very interesting that Longo's tone has changed. I definitely think they got something that looks bad for Hannah back today. Asking about people still keeping up the search seemed to be an after thought. Jmo.

Just to provide confirmation..yes, 18.2-48 (abduction with intent to defile) is a DNA Qualified Felony in VA, meaning a DNA sample is required upon arrest

Hopefully, he won't realize that and will turn himself in.

Whichever way it goes, the days of Chief Longo being so open with the public are coming to an end. This could be for stated reasons, or it could be because this openness was a police "tactic" that failed to achieve results. I predict a lot of frustration and disappointment in the days ahead for the police, the Grahams, and for us here at WS.

People keep saying he was being open...but he really wasn't. He was quite vague.

IF they lost track of Jesse then the public, and especially women, are in danger. Yet we didn't get that sense of urgency and warning from Chief Longo tonight. Just a monotone, generic comment about "state and federal assets" being deployed to find Jesse. Very strange IMO.

I was taken back by Longo's tone tonight.Just don't know what it means to the investigation.How did they lose track of JM,I thought they were watching him?

Thank you. What multiple fights, poor impulse control and anger management issues? I haven't seen all that. Help me out.

Youre welcome.

Incoming pending edit (I have to go find the threads)

In 2009 JLM assaulted a lawyer. You can find the story here

And the mention of roughhousing and seriously hurting someone is mentioned here post # 316

Supposedly he hurt this person the same night Hannah disappeared.

It happens all the time right here in America, although usually it is grooming and then abduction...not a snatch and grab abduction.

Yes, you're right. I forgot a word there - middle class. And exactly, it's via a grooming process, or selling immigrants whose families owe the trafficker money, not abducting a chick off the street.

There are a TON of cases out there with false convictions based on LE's reckless behavior. You don't have to believe it is happening in this case, but please be aware it does happen! LE is not perfect, our justice system is not perfect. Also, I have never, not once, suggested his race was a factor in anything.

Or corrupt behavior. That's true too. But when comparing the volume of convictions each year to those later proved wrongful, it's unlikely that they are barking up the wrong tree here. This doesn't fit the profile of that kind of case either - pressured confession or faulty witness testimony.

Prayer's for Hannah's Family and all those who love her. A very tough day for them.

I think it's very interesting that Longo's tone has changed. I definitely think they got something that looks bad for Hannah back today. Asking about people still keeping up the search seemed to be an after thought. Jmo.
That's exactly how I read the PC.

Sadly that's probably because they think she's dead and are no longer pleading to get her home.

They'll still be desperate to find her, if only for evidence. I think this PC was put together quickly and focused on JM, not Hannah for a change.

People keep saying he was being open...but he really wasn't. He was quite vague.

People were saying that they'd never seen police press conferences where so much was shared with the public regarding a major investigation in progress such as this. I think those perceptions were quite accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee