VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know what Longo meant by "she had her world turned around, which is what I believe happened" as if it happened to her. was it emotional? a bf? or from a drug?

I think it meant she was totally confused about where she was and which direction she was heading. He also said she was texting that she was going one direction on one street, when she was going a different direction on another. I think he has a flair for the dramatic, which is why it was phrased that way.

The case with Alexis Murphy and her killer Randy Taylor happened not that far from Charlottesville. In fact, her car was found/dropped off in Charlottesville. The way the FBI was involved so soon with both cases, the same type of media releases, and a rather quick arrest...then the gag order came. It was speculated to the hills and back that there just wasn't any evidence, and LE was calling Taylor's bluff. They suspected him in a prior case thus were going to get a confession, get more information from him, etc. Didn't happen. BUT, there was LOTS of physical evidence that we heard NOTHING about until the trial. Every single court appearance before the trial was sealed, all search warrants sealed, etc.

When common folks like us sleuthers wonder about connections with other missing cases, you can bet LE has already thought of that. Could be why FBI was brought in so quickly. There is a history with missing young women in that area. That is fact. There is a killer out there somewhere of Morgan Harrington, that is fact. Her body is the ONLY one that has been discovered thus far. Truly a miracle her's was found.

What many don't realize is this area is mountains. Thick underbrush. Some property that is hundreds of acres plots. It's not as simple as area residents checking their acre property for anything unusual. There's LOTS of acres that might not be seen or used, or walked on for years! It's just hard to describe how the area is to those not familiar. We'll be in fall season very soon. In some ways that may help, in others it may hinder the search. While helicopters and such can't see the ground in many areas right now, in a few weeks, the leaves will fall, and cover the ground, so that even though it could be seen, a body could be covered with the leaves.

It's just my opinion of course, but I believe they have much more evidence than we know about. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a gag order issued once he is arrested.

I'm still scared that suicide may become an option. When an animal feels trapped, it strikes out. JM has to realize at this point he is facing some serious prison time if convicted. That would scare about anyone. I don't know if a defense attorney would/could reach out to his family, and try to have him turn himself in peacefully, but it would be the best idea.

Bringing forth the latest msm due to so many posts for anyone just getting in (like me); once again, Hannah's case has made the cover story at cnn.com:

Arrest warrant issued in case of missing Virginia student
By Dana Ford, CNN
updated 9:06 PM EDT, Tue September 23, 2014

video at link:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/23/us/virginia-hannah-graham/index.html

"(CNN) -- Authorities have obtained an arrest warrant for Jesse Matthew, charging him with abduction with the intent to defile, in the case of missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo told reporters Tuesday."

I don't think that trafficking is unlikely at all. Do you know what they do to these girls? They'd have her strung out in no time, completely disoriented to her surroundings and craving the next fix from the person holding her there. They get these girls hooked on drugs and let people come into wherever they're holding them, do their thing, and leave. After a while, the girls become dependent on the abductor for their drugs and are lost to prostitution.

In all seriousness, don't most grandmothers speak about their grandchildren this way? They're convinced their grandchildren hung the moon, saved the world and yet still wants cookies and milk at 3pm even if they're 40.

For the public my Grandma MAY have said that. BUT, she also forbid one of her granddaughters from visiting her home because she didn't approve of her lifestyle choices. Not all Grandmas are the same. IMO

I don't think that trafficking is unlikely at all. Do you know what they do to these girls? They'd have her strung out in no time, completely disoriented to her surroundings and craving the next fix from the person holding her there. They get these girls hooked on drugs and let people come into wherever they're holding them, do their thing, and leave. After a while, the girls become dependent on the abductor for their drugs and are lost to prostitution.

Well the did a poor job picking a girl whose case has FBI involvement...

Ok, I am thinking on this...you know how you have heard the charge for drug dealers like 'possession with the intent to distribute" meaning possession is a small charge if you have a little bit on you, but if you get intent to distribute, you have so much, they were able to classify you as big time...with a heavy charge. So, the way I link that to this is...could they have found materials such as bindings, chains, locks, rope, duct tape, fasteners, sex toys, etc...lots of things in the car along with her DNA that made them know he had intent to do these acts to her????

I read a case where a man was charged, tried & convicted of attempted abduction with intent to defile. Attempted because the woman was not abducted. He had come up to her open car window & they spoke for a moment before he opened her door and she noticed his pants were unzipped. She shoved him away. He ran off & was apprehended .... with pants still unzipped. With all that said, I'm wondering if someone witnessed an exchange between JM & HG, but did not witness the abduction. It's obvious where LE has come up with the abduction charge because Hannah disappeared. The "intent to defile" may have been witnessed.

I've witnessed things like that several times in my life. Thankfully, no one was abducted, raped or murdered and I know I didn't realize what a fine line people were walking. In this charge, I'm not thoroughly convinced they have concrete proof she was in the car yet. I do believe this is a charge, though, where if apprehended they will get his DNA and even where he could possibly be convicted if they have nothing else on him.

I found this interview to be very interesting. So, I'm falling off my fence. How could LE go this far and charge abduction with intent to defile if there is not a very good reason? Leaning more toward LE knowing something.

How strange in this assault encounter that he was so violent and then suddenly so contrite. You don't just punch someone because you've had a bad day. But then he drives the guy all the way to the ER. That is very strange behavior. I wonder if he has a history of swinging from one extreme to another like that? Weird. Reminds me of certain abusers who will be very contrite and over-the-top sorry. It makes the abused feel guilty for making such a fuss in the first place. Manipulative behavior. JMO

I have followed this case carefully and live about 50 minutes away. Travel to CVille several times a month. None of this makes sense to me.

There are a number of local rumors but what has been surfacing of his quick temper.

I think a local reporters story will be out on Wednesday that may share more of this explosive behavior

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And beyond. IIRC from the prior articles, she's in her 80s. I hope people leave her alone. I know that's not going to happen, but she isn't responsible for what JLM did.

I agree with you that she's not responsible for JLM's actions. She is however; responsible for her own.

And thats where we disagree.

If I had done something, had even been suspected by the police of doing something, this horrific, theres no doubt in my mind that my own family would turn me in. For my own welfare, for the welfare of the community and for the family of this poor girl.

His family is NOT doing him any favors by hiding his whereabouts from the police or in enabling him to run.

Given his temper and poor impulse control I can only see this ending very badly for him and the family. At this point, if they do not want to see a relative shot and killed by police (because of him doing something stupid and impulsive) then the only solution is to talk him into voluntarily turning himself in.

A specific example of “abduction with the intent to defile”: The abductor observes somebody at a convenience store in the process of shoplifting. The abductor approaches the victim and pretends to be store security, then transports the victim to an isolated location and commits a rape.

Abuction with Intent to Defile is a Class 2 Felony, punishable 20 years to life in prison and/or a fines of up to $100,000. This punishment would be in addition to the jury’s recommended punishment for the underlying sex offense, i.e. rape, carnal knowledge, sodomy, object sexual penetration). This offense can pertain to victims who are either an adult or a juvenile

Refresh, and crank the volume ... that's the only way I could hear it.

I've got some sort of flash player block where I have to click this extra arrow in the center of the video. It usually works but on this one it won't play at all. So, another woman is accusing JM of assaulting her?

why oh why did they let him go.

Slightly o/t: I am reminded of a case a while back (the victim is not named due to the fact she is a child and was sexually assaulted). A man abducted a little girl. The suspect was spotted at a drive thru, LE was called, and they arrested him. The suspect was able to escape from the cop car at a traffic light merely a few minutes later, still handcuffed. :banghead: A search and pursuit then ensued, and thank goodness he was finally caught. The little girl was recovered safely; he had dropped her off at another location. Anyway, we were all on pins and needles while they were trying to catch this guy.

I'm willing to speculate that if and when this POI is arrested, additional charges will possibly follow (as seen in other cases). jmo

A bit far etched I admit but I wonder if he and Hannah met earlier than when we saw them on video and she was slipped something then. Somehow he turned his back and she left-this would explain what I see as her sort of wandering around clueless and vulnerable. Perhaps she was drugged then.

The consensus has been that Hannah was "under the influence", intoxicated, inebriated, not sober and in her right mind soon after she appears on tape. LE statements indicate that others in the mall area and Tempo had seen JM that night. Hannah's timeline is pretty much accountedd for from when she left her friends to when she appears on the cameras, so it is doubtful she saw JM before that on camera encounter.

No evidence that she was "slipped" any thing. Apparently she was drinking and doing whatever on her own. What LE has gotten from the friends she left, has not been shared, but LE seems to know that she had been drinking. No evidence of being drugged. Not saying she absolutely could not have been, just no proof of it. IT seems like she already compromised herself that way. Maybe JM thought she'd be an easy "catch" when he made moves on her "with intent to defile" and when things did not go as planned, or maybe they did, he literally dumped her.

I am hoping she's still alive where ever she was left. Small possibility with all the time gone by, but possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie