VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't the wanted poster say "attempted rape" or words to that affect as well? Will look for it, that would clarify how they are using "defiled" perhaps, jmo. No one else involved, one-person crime, Imo.

i think that poster may not be the official poster

Why is JM's photo on the wanted poster a mug shot from 9-19-14? How did they get far enough Friday to take a mug shot?

Its from the DMV. He went there on the 19th...for some reason. I wonder if he lost his wallet, maybe it's somewhere with his pants.

Just wondering what evidence they found to solidly indicate "intent to defile"...(it's a common motive, but they must have something to specifically indicate/charge him with this?)

No one can live in charlottesvilleost of there life and not know where the downtown mall is. Especially younger person. It's a social magnet for a lot of young folks. Definitely reconiseable once on it

Its from the DMV. He went there on the 19th...for some reason. I wonder if he lost his wallet, maybe it's somewhere with his pants.

I think it was to change his appearance in his DL photo, jmo.

I don't think LE has indicated any link with Morgan or others, so I don't know why they rules would change here as yet. Jmo it is super confusing already and until we know about DNA, there are no real links. Some think photos are like sketch, some don't. That is about it for now. No proof Morgan took a cab. Jmo

Jumping off your post.

Just K did a really great mock up of the sketches and black and white pic of JM. It was the nose similarity that caused me to take a second look.

Hannah may be a hero. If JM DNA is a match for other cases, she has helped bring justice for others who have long suffered not knowing the "who". Her heroism may have been at great personal price, but her disappearance will have helped take an alleged dangerous person off the streets.

I just have to think her disappearance is for a greater "cause", otherwise it is too painful to accept.

Don't know if I made any sense, but hope you all get my drift.

ETA: Both of my daughters, 23 and 21, have heard about Hannah's disappearance and not from me or from watching the news. Their age group is talking about Hannah and it has served as a wake up call for them. They tire of my safety warnings as I am hypervigilant, but they have now taken them under advisement. I live in a college town and both daughters and their friends are buddying up and not going out alone.

I wish I could tell Hannah thank you....

margarita25 said:

It's really unbelievable and refreshing to see all the users browsing this thread (there are currently 588 users browsing this thread: 213 members and 375 guests). I can't say I can recall a recent case which has received so much attention, both in the media and here on WS. I hope you new guys will stick around check out some other cases as well while you are here. So many unsolved cases here could use some fresh eyes. So many people out there still missing. jmo

I think the Cooper Harris case was getting just as much media attention back in July. However, due to nothing happening, the case dropped from the media, and we do not hear much about it except here and there. I think most people thought the circus in the Harris case would go on for a lot longer than it did. The Michael Brown shooting also got a significant amount of national attention, but also seems to have quieted down. So I am very curious to see what happens in this case re: media.

Most people involved in nefarious activities use prepaid phones from Walmart and there is no way to find out who they are.

I'll bet, though, that there might be some non-traditional ways to try to find such a person. For instance, if the PIN for the phone was paid for using a credit or debit card, that might be traceable. If the phone is an iPhone, iCloud might know where it's been and perhaps Apple could be talked into cooperating. I have an iPhone on a prepaid network and so do family members, and I can "Find" them through Find My Phone capabilities.

Also, if they could identify geographically what towers were pinged by that phone, and watch the pings over a few days' time, there might be an obvious pattern, such as the phone is always in the area of some fast food restaurants from 6 a.m. - 2 p.m., which would clue you in to the fact that he probably worked in that area during those hours. Narrow down who worked those shifts in that area, and then see which one lives in the residential area where pings happen at night.

There are also records somewhere showing what numbers that phone has interacted with. If they can find several contact phone users that have engaged that number...

I'll bet that surely it can be figured out.

http://m.timesdaily.com/news/nation/article_4b4e2e53-d013-5d45-98ce-48c945f176e7.html?mode=jqm

"Police Capt. Gary Pleasants said Tuesday that officers took several items of clothing during their second search of Matthew's apartment, but he would not give details or elaborate on the search.

As of Tuesday afternoon, the state lab was still analyzing evidence it has received from Charlottesville police, including nearly two dozen items and eight "known samples that we would use for comparison purposes," said Jeffrey Ban, director of the Department of Forensic Science's Central Laboratory in Richmond.

Ban said that the department has expedited the case and hoped to provide authorities with results in the "very near future." But he noted the lab could spend hours or even a whole day on a single piece of evidence that may have multiple stains or hairs on it. He also said it is standard procedure to test any samples against those in their database, including those from other missing persons cases in the central Virginia area."

Does anyone think that Hannah could possibly be somewhere and be hurt? I'm sorry if this has been brought up, but I was having a heck of a time logging in tonight, probably because there are so many users on here. So I hope I'm not repeating what everyone's been talking about.
I will always hold out hope for this until solidly proven otherwise.

Or perhaps with Hannah, or she got it at some point and threw it...?

As far as Hannah maybe having a crush on him or at least willingly hanging out with him, you never know what an 18 year old might find attractive either as a friend or otherwise. I hung out with some real losers when I was 15-20 years old just because older+could buy alcohol+had A car+charismatic personality seemed cool to me at the time.
That being said, I doubt she was that familiar with him (crush or friendship). I think she may have been aware of him if he was such a regular and well-known in that area and maybe that was enough to get her to feel comfortable around him. Or, she was a little drunk and just trusted the wrong person. I am operating under the assumption that she did go to Tempo willingly with him and maybe even a step further and accepted a ride from him possibly with the promise of taking her back to her dorm/apartment/wherever she lived.

The video makes me want to puke even more now though. So many people, so many different possibilities for what could have happened, and we basically all watched the last recorded moments of a beautiful young girl with so much potential ahead of her. It is tragic.

Did the cops take his wallet when they impounded his car (if the wallet was in it)? Or when they executed the search warrant?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ville-13-Sept-2014-12&p=11005056#post11005056

He could also obtain unused drugs from sharps containers, there are types that sit on the floor and have a larger opening and not the flap to prevent people from sticking their hands inside, or left over in OR rooms after a procedure was done before the room was cleaned. Mistakes are made, it happens He could have access to Fentanyl, Versed, Propofol, Ketamine, the list goes on.

Technically possible, but highly unlikely in my opinion based on what I know about how an operating room at an institution like UVA works (turnover time, etc., some places--not saying this is true for UVA specifically-- have timers that count down to encourage faster turnover time between surgeries because OR time is $$$$$), the type of access a patient transporter has to these areas, and the fact that it would be so much simpler and less risky to obtain substances off the street for the same purposes. Unused drugs in vials (not speaking specifically to syringes which are in the sharps containers) aren't left sitting in the OR for a clean up team to take care of, they are returned to the pharmacy (and not by housekeeping or patient transport) and accounted for. And anyone willing to stick their hand in a sharps container to get a little bit of leftover drugs out of a syringe would have to be pretty desperate or pretty ignorant.

Again, the time line might be shaped up at the trial if this is something that is presented. I don't think the focus will be on the time before she met JM and the possibilities thereafter. Any reason why this could be important?

IMO if she did make it through those areas quicker than possible on foot she possibly caught a ride with JM, which might explain why she didn't act obviously frightened when he approached her at the mall. I know someone is going to ask why he didn't take her at that time if he did give her a ride and I have no answer. Maybe he had friends with him in the car. Who knows.

Wow, yeah...that was me who posted that a while back...maybe others. I don't think you are being snobby, just a tad narrow minded. I think that it is very hard to explain what attracts one person to another. People I have met from England don't seem to be as hung up on social things as much as Americans are...as far as class issues. Just my opinion...

I don't think it has anything to do with class. Let's call a spade a spade. Dude is NOT attractive in the slightest bit... far from it. I find it incredibly difficult to believe an attractive, athletic 18 year old would be attracted to an obese man almost twice her age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member