VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically possible, but highly unlikely in my opinion based on what I know about how an operating room at an institution like UVA works (turnover time, etc., some places--not saying this is true for UVA specifically-- have timers that count down to encourage faster turnover time between surgeries because OR time is $$$$$), the type of access a patient transporter has to these areas, and the fact that it would be so much simpler and less risky to obtain substances off the street for the same purposes. Unused drugs in vials (not speaking specifically to syringes which are in the sharps containers) aren't left sitting in the OR for a clean up team to take care of, they are returned to the pharmacy (and not by housekeeping or patient transport) and accounted for. And anyone willing to stick their hand in a sharps container to get a little bit of leftover drugs out of a syringe would have to be pretty desperate or pretty ignorant.

Agree. Possible, but not probable or someone pretty desperate.

BBM:

Its from the DMV. He went there on the 19th...for some reason. I wonder if he lost his wallet, maybe it's somewhere with his pants.

I think this is a great thought. I'm reminded of Isabella's killer going to Wal-Mart to shoplift clothing and shoes right after he killed her.

Also, did he cut his hair since Hannah has been missing? Those don't look like dreadlocks to me.

Edit: this is in response to the person asking about the date for the photo on the wanted poster being this past Friday.

What's wrong w/ the reply w/ quote thing? Seems like the quotes disappear after clicking post.

Is it just me or does JM look very different in every photo on the Wanted poster?? Seriously, almost like they are all different people.

Thinking out loud, might he have provided Hannah with some weed, which was laced?

Just wondering what evidence they found to solidly indicate "intent to defile"...(it's a common motive, but they must have something to specifically indicate/charge him with this?)

Yes., that's not a common charge.

From the Washington Post:

"Matthew was charged with “abduction with intent to defile,” a felony that in Virginia indicates that the alleged attacker kidnapped the victim with an intent to have sex with the person."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...e05ae2-436f-11e4-b437-1a7368204804_story.html
It may "indicate" that yet in the Commonwealth of Virginia the charges of Abduction v. kidnapping and intent to defile v. rape have legally separate and distinct definitions. The current charges were chosen for a very particular legal reason. If the DA had meant to charge for anything else it would be in the current charges and for some specific reason the Commonwealth DID NOT file those charges. He is charged, in connection to Hannah E Graham only with Abduction with Intent to Defile.

Its from the DMV. He went there on the 19th...for some reason. I wonder if he lost his wallet, maybe it's somewhere with his pants.

I hope his license or wallet is found with Hannah. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Technically possible, but highly unlikely in my opinion based on what I know about how an operating room at an institution like UVA works (turnover time, etc., some places--not saying this is true for UVA specifically-- have timers that count down to encourage faster turnover time between surgeries because OR time is $$$$$), the type of access a patient transporter has to these areas, and the fact that it would be so much simpler and less risky to obtain substances off the street for the same purposes. Unused drugs in vials (not speaking specifically to syringes which are in the sharps containers) aren't left sitting in the OR for a clean up team to take care of, they are returned to the pharmacy (and not by housekeeping or patient transport) and accounted for. And anyone willing to stick their hand in a sharps container to get a little bit of leftover drugs out of a syringe would have to be pretty desperate or pretty ignorant.
I have to agree with you on this.

Besides, he's nearly 300 pounds. HG was what, 130? He isn't going to give her something to make her pass out in the restaurant, and as long as he can get her near his car with nobody looking, it wouldn't take any drugs or weapons to knock her out rather quickly.

I feel like darcyline, above, in that what I just wrote makes me feel physically ill. Such a beautiful, intelligent young lady. I hope Hannah will be found and the individual(s) responsible spends the rest of his life behind bars.

Just wondering what evidence they found to solidly indicate "intent to defile"...(it's a common motive, but they must have something to specifically indicate/charge him with this?)

I haven't seen it mentioned again, but one sleuther on this board tonight suggested that LE may have found evidence that Hannah had been in the trunk. Definitely indicates foul play and an intent to inflict further harm....IMO.

Honestly let's not get caught up in what he looks like, as far as whether or not Hannah would be "attracted" to him. We all have our own tastes and she did like the "look" of him enough to go for a drink, in that she was not appalled at the sight of him or felt he looked "safe" or "okay". He did not drag her in there, apparently. Doesn't mean she wanted to date him. Jmo

I don't think it has anything to do with class. Let's call a spade a spade. Dude is NOT attractive in the slightest bit... far from it. I find it incredibly difficult to believe an attractive, athletic 18 year old would be attracted to an obese man almost twice her age.

Have you ever seen cris rock wife . the comic guy Cris Rock.. ?? It happens, looks don't play the whole part, some people look past those things..

I'm new to this so hope I respond correctly
Actually there was a 45 min gap from the time she left party when she told male friend she was going home until she ended up on video at mcgradys pub. The most troubling thing i see and LE never speaks about, she was seen in front of shell on video at 12:55. Then 5 minutes later at 1:00 witnesses saw her crossing near 3rd st at restaurant. I live in charlottesville and no way she got there on foot in 5 minutes evening running. Over half distance uphill also. It took her 9 minutes from mcgradys to shell and way shorter distance. Possible shecaight ride on way to mall? With who if so? On foot she could have crossed one street over and even on downtown mall in 1/4 mile less. Instead she traveled on extremely dark road to opposite end of mall only to comeback down mall backtracking and seen on video at 1:05 none minutes from shell video. I will try to include map and walking path

BBM

I brought this over from the last thread because I wanted to respond to this. I don't know how much time it usually takes to go from that party to Grady's Pub. She could have taken a ciruitous route--she was intoxicated, remember.

I believe I respnded to a similar question with a personal example of what I did just last week. Had my mind on something else, got turned around and then was lost in an area I sort of knew, but not well. But did not immediately understand what I did and wasted even more time wandering around. And I was not "on" anything, it was not night. LE might be able to track her exact route if her cell phone is recovered--some have sophisticated tracking, or they may already know. It really isn't relevant, IMO, since the puzzle really starts after she meets up with JM, goes to Tempo, leaves Tempo and leaves the area, all of which is not on video from what LE has said.

A resident of Charlottesville, who knows the area very well wrote a similar post, saying that the time stamps could not possibly be correct. I believe there are at least two such posts. It is entirely possible that the cameras were not exactly set to the right time. That is something I have seen. The paths she took and the way she took them are somewhat attributed to her confused condition. She had been drinking is what seems to be the consensus.

Again, the time line might be shaped up at the trial if this is something that is presented. I don't think the focus will be on the time before she met JM and the possibilities thereafter. Any reason why this could be important?

I'm the one that posted about this day or two ago. Any and all movement she made that nite is important She had to go somewhere in the 45 mins heading to mcgradys. 15 min walk max. Also time stamps can be collaborated and mistakes corrected if LE does it. They only say she traveled on foot. I think it could be important because it's a straight shot to downtown mall. One road it a ways. She wouldn't ended up on mall iost. It's was up steep hill halfway there. Darkest area. Much more lit areas if she would have went slightly different way she passed many bisinesses whether on foot or in car actually police station is on same street. On foot she could have crossed onto well lit all well before the area she walked to before doing so. Close to parking garage. Just thinking if time doesn't add up. Possible she caught ride. Maybe cars on video or her walking

I hope his license or wallet is found with Hannah. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Travis Forbes buried his own credit card with Kenia M, iirc. His rationale was that "if they were smart enough to find her, he deserved to get caught", or something along those lines. (I doubt this would be the case here, just sayin...)

Some interesting comments on Parker Slaybaugh's latest FB post..

Someone posted 3 pics that related to the disappearance of AM and possible connection to JM. I don't know what to make of that.

Everywhere else she walks that nite takes her long time but she can go over mile in dark uphill in5 minutes? And was supposed to be drunk? Doesn't add up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webrowser