VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... Did I see someone mention that his apartment was, to some extent, packed up in boxes when LE came to search? Perhaps JM's clothes weren't easily available. Come to think of it, do we have reason to believe he stopped by his apartment before going on the run at all? I wouldn't be surprised if he borrowed whatever he could, maybe from a close friend who has his back.

Come to think of it, does he even have shoes on? It almost doesn't look like it. lol

Does anyone know if Hannah has any other social media outlets? I know she used twitter. If this isn't ok to ask I will delete.

I found what appears to be her Facebook. Not sure if it's allowed to link it. It's private, though, so it's no use anyway.

Oh wow they arrested him while it was overnight here. He was in Texas? Was he making a run for the border to Mexico? I'm pleased LE has him and can question him.

Come to think of it, does he even have shoes on? It almost doesn't look like it. lol

Oh gosh, he absolutely does not! Does anyone see shoes in this video? I definitely see folds and splotchy dirt on the bottoms of his feet. Nice job, very observant!

On the other hand, the shirt seems almost a bit too big. And is that the collar of another shirt peeking out from underneath? It's still hot outside in the South, right? ... He could have been trying to lighten his load to carry.

Wow, what great questions.

How many of us would self-righteously exclaim without a doubt that we would call the police, even if we didn't know for certain that the person was the one in the missing person poster....

Travelingbug, these are great questions that all of us need to think about before we answer....

My cop friend gave me some good advice. [I thought I saw Kyron when he first went missing. And I tried to stall them while I decided how to call LE. Anyway, I figured out it wasn't him. ]

But my friend said to secretly snap a photo using your cell. So even if they leave, you can show the cops on arrival and they can verify it or not.

:happydance: Phew it took me 2 1/2 hours to read the last 8 pages of the previous thread. :)
A sincere thanks to everyone who provided updates, links, videos, etc.

My heart is heavy once again for beautiful Hannah's parents.
As a mom, aunt, sister and mentor I pray the family feels the love sent to them. I pray she is found soon.

Well my gut was wrong it seems. While I will keep an open mind and expect the CA to prove his case, it certainly appears they got their man. My question is, did he go out that night looking for a victim? Or (IMO more likely) did she reject his advances and he snapped, as we know he's done in the past? Or (less likely) was it an accident and he panicked?

Regardless of what happened between the two, I am certain Hannah died the night she went missing. So many people who knew him have said what a kind and compassionate person he was; I just hope there is still a kernel of that compassion within him so that the Grahams can get their baby back.

Well my gut was wrong it seems. While I will keep an open mind and expect the CA to prove his case, it certainly appears they got their man. My question is, did he go out that night looking for a victim? Or (IMO more likely) did she reject his advances and he snapped, as we know he's done in the past? Or (less likely) was it an accident and he panicked?

Regardless of what happened between the two, I am certain Hannah died the night she went missing. So many people who knew him have said what a kind and compassionate person he was; I just hope there is still a kernel of that compassion within him so that the Grahams can get their baby back.

It just seems so odd to me, if he was planning to harm her, that he would go into a crowded bar with her. She was very noticeable, at 5ft11, with a shiny metallic crop top, and very stunning. They would attract a lot of attention walking around together.

My cop friend gave me some good advice. [I thought I saw Kyron when he first went missing. And I tried to stall them while I decided how to call LE. Anyway, I figured out it wasn't him. ]

But my friend said to secretly snap a photo using your cell. So even if they leave, you can show the cops on arrival and they can verify it or not.

A method I've heard of and tried (though not on potentially dangerous people) to look at someone without them knowing is this
stare at a point just beyond their head in the distance behind them. Do not look at them directly. They will feel your staring and look at you. They then realise, you are not looking at them, and they will look away. you now have 20-30 seconds to look at them and they will not register you are looking at them.

I can remember where I saw this, but it works

The thought occurred to me ( probably to everyone else too) that maybe Jesse Matthew being a Good Samaritan gave Hannah Graham a ride back to Wertland and 14th- dropped her off and left. That is the location near UVa and where she lives and where this all started. She got out of the car and was still disoriented and texted her friends that she was lost and needed help. That would explain why she told her friends she was near Wertland and 14th but still lost. I guess a GPS determination of where the text originated would answer that one. Then at that point she was abducted, not by Jesse Matthew but by somebody else.

If I thought I saw the missing person, I'd look extra obviously, try to get his/her attention, see if they offer any kind of subtle signals that they need help. I remember a case not too long ago where some teenage boys on their bikes (I think?) saw a woman in the back of a truck, checked her out because she was attractive, and realized she was mouthing "help me". Because they acted on this, they quite probably saved her life.

I'm sure a lot of abductees have been thoroughly convinced that there will be consequences for screaming.

Teens chase kidnapping suspect on bikes, save 5-year-old girl
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/15/justice/pennsylvania-teen-heroes/

Two teenage boys are being hailed as heroes after they chased a car carrying a kidnapped girl -- on their bicycles. ... on bikes, save 5-year-old girl. From Micheala Periera, CNN. Mon July 15, 2013.

Similar scenario with tragic results; 'The Detective's Daughter'
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/25004049/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/t/detectives-daughter/#.VCPvNfldXKE

A kidnapped detective's daughter called 911. So did her husband. So did witnesses. They all thought help would be on the way. They were wrong...
SARASOTA, Fla. — It was bad enough that it happened at all -- the horrible thing. But it was doubly shocking for a West Florida Community that no one was able to stop it.
On Jan. 17, 2008, a young mother named Denise Amber Lee was abducted from her home, driven down busy roads, winding through residential neighborhoods, in broad daylight, screaming for her life.

The thought occurred to me ( probably to everyone else too) that maybe Jesse Matthew being a Good Samaritan gave Hannah Graham a ride back to Wertland and 14th- dropped her off and left. That is the location near UVa and where she lives and where this all started. She got out of the car and was still disoriented and texted her friends that she was lost and needed help. That would explain why she told her friends she was near Wertland and 14th but still lost. I guess a GPS determination of where the text originated would answer that one. Then at that point she was abducted, not by Jesse Matthew but by somebody else.

But how would you explain JM's actions afterwards?

Now, for the most frustrating part..........getting him to talk.

Forget about the "good cop--bad cop" thing.

I'm no expert on interrogations or anything, but I think the most effective way to get cooperation out of JM would be to show his Mother and his Grandmother some overwhelming evidence of his guilt, and then send the two of them in together to "extract" some information from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member