VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE should explain why the white man, who looked pretty shifty to me, has been basically cleared but the black man, of various descriptions, is the one. Jmo. Did they have evidence he left and went home right away? Did they check his pings, or what?

I think they have dropped the discussion on him bc he is undercover on the mall.

I can tell you, as a victim, never say anything without a lawyer. never write a victim impact statement or make a statement unless you know when, where and how it will be used and by whom. mine was used against me by the defense atty AND by the prosecuting DA when they had photos evidence and multiple confessions by my abuser. I am sort of a new-agey type (dancer, massage therapist/energy worker, etc) they believed would not be seen as reliable by a jury bc I live in a small-town where it's amateur hour.

Yes, everyone should try and have a lawyer when dealing with the police. Protect yourselves, and your case. For Hannah's sake, it is important that JM's rights are allowed and not used against him.

Let me ask you this.....If this was your daughter, how would you feel? Would you want someone who was the last person to be in contact with the daughter you gave birth to remain silent? If he were my son, I would my son he would have had those conversations with the police day 1. May this never happen again, but unfortunately it will.

Remember the Duke lacrosse players. If any of my three sons were in a position to be questioned by police, I would have them to a lawyer asap.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Imo by putting out the possibly "fake" description, they were in danger of putting men who resembled it in danger as well.

Not arguing, but he is the man in the video, last person seen with Hannah. The public doesn't need convincing on that point. It's a fact. No different than if a child goes missing, they want to question the last person seen with the child. And everyone is up in arms when it's a child predator.

Being in the video is not evidence of a crime.

Yikes! Not exactly a cool ride in which to lure a person. Surely someone would notice such a conspicuous vehicle!

Yeah, not the type most girls alone late at night would probably be jumping to hop into if a person just randomly pulled up next to them in and offered a ride or asked if they wanted to go get a drink or something!

And you'd think it would be REALLY memorable to anyone who was out that night.

The colour and condition are both not the typical every day car you see driving by - and when not many are out and about in the early morning hours, it'd seem even more memorable! :)

They should prove their case against him.

Why? He's not a suspect officially. He's just a person they want to talk to based on the FACT that he was with Hannah that night.

IDK...I have seen it where defendants in other high-profile cases had to use a public defender or pay for their own lawyer(s). Even Casey Anthony had to pay $250k+ to her lawyers. I feel like it is too premature to say whether this will still be a big case (or trial) a year or so from now, so would lawyers be latching onto this case already?

Fair point. Perhaps a bit premature. But, at this point, it has all the makings ...

Correct, I have no idea if he is innocent or not. I don't even sway one way more or the other. But I'm not making a decision based on him not talking. Show me some real evidence, make it easy for me, and I will say "LE got their guy!". But until then, I am not going to jump on the bandwagon.

He was with Hannah.
Don't you think the man needs to tell LE what happened that night?
I do!
Why do u need evidence to talk to the guy?

Lets see....Guy goes out, has a drink with girl (Do we know he knew how old she was?), and they go their separate ways as most people do after having a drink. Guy then has car taken by police, who are insinuating to the media he has more to do with the case than he does, feels he has a reputation to protect so he wants a lawyer. It really isn't a mystery, is it?
Well, that's not quite the scenario, is it? He meets up with an 18 year old around 1 o'clock or so? I'm thinking a man of his age is well aware that she is under age? College town and all that? And they part ways 20 minutes later, or so? Pretty quick rendezvous, IMO. And she was wasted when they met? Nothing good, healthy nor wholesome about it.. And it appears he was the last one to have seen her. MOO.

And at the moment their case shows that he was the last person with Hannah. And that is why they have checked his car and his house. They are focused on the case, but how do they move forward? They need to speak to him. He is important in the case.

Unfortunately for their case, he has more of a right to stay silent than they have to speak to him. People are convicted without ever speaking to LE all the time. Get the evidence, get your case in order.

More random thoughts...it seems JM has already lied to police about HG being in his car. Sounds like they have evidence that she was in car (hence warrant to search car and apartment)...so if he lied about that, sounds like he may not want to speak to police for a good reason.

BBM: Has it ever been said whether JM denied HG was in the car? I thought JM did not cooperate with police. Very confused

And they are trying to find evidence. They aren't vilifying him. They are telling the public where they are at this point in the case. The facts are that he was the last person seen with Hannah and now he's choosing not to help the police. Where does it say that the police need to be happy about someone refusing to talk to them?

The police could inform the public without the theatrics.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Graphic though, not meant to offend:

Could they have footage of POI driving away in his orange car. There is someone in the car, but she can't be seen. After a few drinks, maybe she's occupied "entertaining" him? Not meant to be offensive, but they seem to believe she was in the car, they just need a witness to say it's her. Maybe fluids were found during the processing of the car which lead to the warrant for the apartment.

Well, that's not quite the scenario, is it? He meets up with an 18 year old around 1 o'clock or so? I'm thinking a man of his age is well aware that she is under age? College town and all that? And they part ways 20 minutes later, or so? Pretty quick rendezvous, IMO. And she was wasted when they met? Nothing good, healthy nor wholesome about it.. And it appears he was the last one to have seen her. MOO.

This scenario happens all the time, every weekend all across the country without people going missing.

But seriously

We have an eye witness that so many people thought was creepy and responsible who gave a description of hannah leaving with a big bald goateed guy

What happened to him?
I am very confused
The guy that everyone now believes is responsible can not possibly be confused with the other guy

What have I missed?

Seriously, that question has been bantered around and pondered over for the last two days. Nobody has any idea why White guy would have provided that description of the man he saw if Dreads was responsible all along. There are some ideas, such as the cops did it to reassure Dreads they weren't on to him , which would be pretty stupid seeing how it would impede their own investigation.

Yes, everyone should try and have a lawyer when dealing with the police. Protect yourselves, and your case. For Hannah's sake, it is important that JM's rights are allowed and not used against him.

and never believe that the victim witness advocates are there to help or that the DA is there to help. The DA is there to get re-elected and will not risk losing a case. DDA's are born yesterday usually, just getting some experience. period. and they are afraid of certain defense attys. and if you express any emotions or behaviors that are a result of years of systematic abuse, they will call you crazy and they won't attempt to persuade a jury that such effects of abuse are typical and common and caused BY THE ABUSER.
the DA is the worst when it comes to victim blaming.

My recollection is that he was appealing to people to think about 1:20, 1:30, 1:40 and asking if anyone saw the two of them around any of those times. I took that to mean that they think the two could have left Tempos as late as 1:40, but I am not sure he was specific about where he thinks they may have been at 1:40 or whether that was just the latest he thought they might have left the area.
A Charlottesville man was beaten nearly to death at 1:40AM 9/13/2014 near Wertland and 13th. I posted the Spot crime report around 5 or 6 AM this morning.
http://nbc29.spotcrime.info/#334 10 1/2 Street Northwest, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA

I am also getting uncomfortable with the focus on JM and not having enough evidence to arrest him. What if he turns out to be innocent, which is possible at this point.

IMO being a POI mistakenly is a lot better than being missing for one whole week. Yes, it's not pretty but at this point, I am comfortable with police doing whatever they need to do to find Hannah. That may be uncomfortable for some, but as long as it is lawful, then go for it. A young girl's life is at stake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal