VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being in the video is not evidence of a crime.

Completely agree
Also LE stated that the man they were interested in was NOT in any video
And afaik, we do not know who was last seen with her??
I mean who was last seen with her that was not on video

This is all making me nervous

there would have to be evidence showing that he transmitted alcohol to her. i think they talked to the bartender at tempo. it seems like a slippery line.

I believe that Longo said there was no video from Tempo; if the bartender told the police that, then he's opening himself up to prosecution too.

I am also getting uncomfortable with the focus on JM and not having enough evidence to arrest him. What if he turns out to be innocent, which is possible at this point.

I don't think they will arrest him unless they get something back from the lab pointing to him. The lab results may be back by Tuesday. We shall see what happens then.

jmo

He was with Hannah.
Don't you think the man needs to tell LE what happened that night?
I do!
Why do u need evidence to talk to the guy?

He absolutely does not need to speak with LE. Would we like him to? Sure. Would LE like him to? Sure. But need? No. LE's case needs to be based on evidence. They don't need evidence to talk to him, they need evidence to prove their case.

OT & highly likely to be unrelated but 77 miles to the east (1hr 15 min) this morning in richmond, before 8 am, police attempted a stop on a vehicle and the vehicle pulled over and the driver shot himself and committed suicide.

Unfortunately for their case, he has more of a right to stay silent than they have to speak to him. People are convicted without ever speaking to LE all the time. Get the evidence, get your case in order.

Why do they need a case? He's not officially a suspect. They just want to know what happened when he was with Hannah.

By the time the police came to his house even if it was 3:00a.m., I am sure he knew his video was all over the tv stations, knew she was missing, knew he had interacted with her. If he didn't watch tv, he heard about it at work. Seriously??? Why didn't he go to the police long before the 5:45a.m knock on his door. This isn't about the south, this isn't about race, this is about a young girl missing. So if he was the stellar, upstanding wonderful Christian, he should have done the right thing!!!!
:clap: Good post.

It is interesting how different perspectives can be. My sons would not be speaking to police in this situation.

What if Hannah was your daughter? Would you want the POI to talk to the police?

No one said he committed a crime.
they want to talk to him.
so now they will arrest him for something or other and wait.

Any lawyer would represent him Jose Bayez maybe.
These high profile cases they come out of the woodwork and do it pro bono.

Secondly, since we now know the POI was a cab driver in the past, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Curb, Uber, or Lyft. I wonder if it was something he did for extra money? It would also be an easy way to prey on vulnerable people.

Just a theory.

That's a good point. Would they require a good driving record though because his appears to be terrible.

I'm processing the audio from today's press conference, and hope to have a transcript ready in the next few hours.

I don't forget that at all. But In the context of a guy seeing a girl, and going and getting a drink, it is not suspicious at all. Plenty of guys pick up intoxicated women. That isn't preying on them at all. This happens millions of times every weekend. If he got a drink with a girl who had also been drinking, and then went home without that girl...it isn't suspicious or wrong at all.

Jm is a 32 year old man, picking up and buying a clearly already intoxicated 18 year old girl drinks. I reiterate, a 32 year old man picking up and buying drinks for a young innocent girl who was already very intoxicated and vulnerable. Not like some young college kid picking her up in his immaturity......A 32 year old man who has years and years of more experience and worldliness. So yeah, I would consider that suspicious. But more importantly he is the last person that everyone at this point is aware of that has seen this girl, and apparently he is on the run....
Check this link out....police are asking the public to keep a lookout for jm and his car and released a hotline for anyone who sees him to call immediately.
http://.com/2014/09/21/the-case-of-...lj-matthew-and-call-434-295-3851-immediately/

Many years ago a study I read concluded that in general the educated middle class are more likely to turn rage or despair in upon themselves in the form of suicide.
But the poor inflict their rage or despair upon the rest of society.

I would love to know the origins of this study, and whether there has been a shift in thinking since then in light of the mass gun deaths we have seen in recent years.

apparently jm attorney is now in negotiations with police to turn himself in.

No one said he committed a crime.
they want to talk to him.
so now they will arrest him for something or other and wait.

Any lawyer would represent him Jose Bayez maybe.
These high profile cases they come out of the woodwork and do it pro bono.

If you read where my post was directed, it said they had evidence: JM on video. JM on video is not evidence of a crime.

How is it possible that someone (I'm guessing the bartender/server) told LE that JM bought alcohol for himself and Hannah, who is under the legal age to buy/consume booze?

What I wonder is that something that has to be witnessed by an officer/ABC agent?

Of course not. The man seen following her in the video came forward with information. The police are asking the POI to do the same, and he is refusing. Being the last to see her, and not explaining that, just makes bloodhounds sniff closer.

apparently jm attorney is now in negotiations with police to turn himself in.

God if they have him on an rd charge they're literally going to let him walk on a summons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member