VA - Herndon, Joseph Ryan shot, Christine Banfield stabbed, both deceased, in home - Feb 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Two things I'm very curious about:

One - If JR was really the stabber he'd have had no time to clean up before he was shot, so it should be apparent from the forensics. Whose fingerprints were on the knife? Did JR have any of CB's blood on him?

Two - According to JPM's defense lawyer, JR was shot by both BB and JPM. Seems like if they have evidence that BB actually hit JR using his service weapon that should be sufficient for at least some charges. Even if the killshot came from JPM, why is she the only one on trial?

Two things I'm very curious about:

One - If JR was really the stabber he'd have had no time to clean up before he was shot, so it should be apparent from the forensics. Whose fingerprints were on the knife? Did JR have any of CB's blood on him?

Two - According to JPM's defense lawyer, JR was shot by both BB and JPM. Seems like if they have evidence that BB actually hit JR using his service weapon that should be sufficient for at least some charges. Even if the killshot came from JPM, why is she the only one on trial?
It was surmised that VA was hoping AP would flip on him for a plea deal, creating a stronger case against him. At present, without her testimony, he would likely claim self defense or defense of his wife. They only get one chance to try him and I believe were hoping for more and stronger charges. JMOOO.

Wow……. This case sure is convoluted and confusing, or so it seems. IMO appears the au pair / side piece and husband were ‘hitting it’ for some time. They knew something about her visa and having to go back or extend it. And then decided to get rid of the wife…. but needed a foil. So seems one or both posted that fetish post for the wife IMO. Who was likely unaware of the visitor or his purpose that morning. IIRC first reports were that the au pair shot the intruder after he attacked the wife. Then au pair called the husband. Who then supposedly returned home. But that seems off from events and timeline IMO. Then some reports say both were inside bedroom and each shot the intruder. Husband first….. then told the au pair to get the other gun. The latter gun was the one he bought prior I believe? And she the au pair went with the husband for target practice previously. The former gun must have been his IRS service firearm? I think?

And more amazing…… pictures of the husband and au pair together were in the house when police continued to investigate just after the slayings. Husband isn’t talking. And the au pair I believe put a 4 year old child in the car prior to mom getting stabbed and the ‘intruder’ shot. Just horrid.

It seems much too convenient that all (au pair and husband) had plans away that day in early morning hours. The au pair had just left with the child and returned. Husband had just left and had to return IIRC.

Some dispute on the 911 calls as well IIUC, supposedly from a cell phone. Hence there was a delay or hesitation in response? But there were two 911 calls. A hang up. Then a second one it seems. I think the delay was to ensure that both were deceased or mortally injured. Sounds life the wife was clinging to life. I think au pair panicked and called 911 too soon. They needed the wife to become gravely ill before summoning responders.

Such a twisted and morbid plan. Sure hope that the other surviving individual catches some charges IMO. MOO

Wow……. This case sure is convoluted and confusing, or so it seems. IMO appears the au pair / side piece and husband were ‘hitting it’ for some time. They knew something about her visa and having to go back or extend it. And then decided to get rid of the wife…. but needed a foil. So seems one or both posted that fetish post for the wife IMO. Who was likely unaware of the visitor or his purpose that morning. IIRC first reports were that the au pair shot the intruder after he attacked the wife. Then au pair called the husband. Who then supposedly returned home. But that seems off from events and timeline IMO. Then some reports say both were inside bedroom and each shot the intruder. Husband first….. then told the au pair to get the other gun. The latter gun was the one he bought prior I believe? And she the au pair went with the husband for target practice previously. The former gun must have been his IRS service firearm? I think?

And more amazing…… pictures of the husband and au pair together were in the house when police continued to investigate just after the slayings. Husband isn’t talking. And the au pair I believe put a 4 year old child in the car prior to mom getting stabbed and the ‘intruder’ shot. Just horrid.

It seems much too convenient that all (au pair and husband) had plans away that day in early morning hours. The au pair had just left with the child and returned. Husband had just left and had to return IIRC.

Some dispute on the 911 calls as well IIUC, supposedly from a cell phone. Hence there was a delay or hesitation in response? But there were two 911 calls. A hang up. Then a second one it seems. I think the delay was to ensure that both were deceased or mortally injured. Sounds life the wife was clinging to life. I think au pair panicked and called 911 too soon. They needed the wife to become gravely ill before summoning responders.

Such a twisted and morbid plan. Sure hope that the other surviving individual catches some charges IMO. MOO

Great summary (especially for those who may just now be jumping into following this case). There are so many bizarre pieces to this case. I totally agree with your post.

The other odd thing, to me, has been the lack of info about both victims.

Great summary (especially for those who may just now be jumping into following this case). There are so many bizarre pieces to this case. I totally agree with your post.

The other odd thing, to me, has been the lack of info about both victims.
There have been a a lot of posts here about the victims that were deleted.

IMHO, the 2 killings had nothing to do with a visa. Prior to her arrest, after the deaths, she was attempting to obtain a student visa to stay in US. He could have married her, common way for APs to stay in US, but appears to have chosen not to.

BB seems to have made out well in the whole situation, still no arrest. That he appears to be paying for her lawyer seems to be a conflict to me re: her not taking a plea. Her mother stated the family and Brazil are not paying her lawyer, so BB is a likely guess. Mom of Alleged Killer Au Pair Makes Bombshell Claims

There was no logistical need for the AP to be directed to get a 2nd gun from another room and shoot JR, IMOO. Trained LE had a fully loaded weapon in hand. She was dumb and easily manipulated, IMHO. She's in a cell and he's just continued on.

I used to think she'd flip, take a plea deal, get deported and live her life, she is young. But, no sign of it yet. If anyone is local and attends in Nov., please report back.

Joe Ryan's mom has done a few interviews that should come up in searches. Christine's family has LE background and with no arrest for her killing, are understandably keeping quiet so as not to compromise the investigation.

[Very reverently snipped (for brevity), bolded and underscored (for focus), by me . . . and a very great post, by you, Sherlock!]

As I recall, the husband was stationed at a nearby McDonald's -- having breakfast -- which the claim was made was his "usual practice" on workdays (or something to that effect). For how long had it been his routine? -- you might ask (I sure did).

Heck, I had my calendar all marked for Juliana Magalhaes' trial to begin on Mon., 29 July 2024.* Now, I read from the below article that trial has been pushed off until November (presumably, of 2024).

Also, I didn't realize that the other victim, Christine Banfield, was a pediatric nurse.
["Not far from (Joseph Nathan Ryan's) body, Christine Banfield lay dying. The 37-year-old pediatric nurse had been stabbed numerous times in her upper body, investigators said, and died at the hospital."]

An Au Pair Shot A Man In Her Employers’ Home And The Case’s Twists Just Keep Coming

*Actually, credit goes to LifeIsAMystery, who had previously posted about the trial date being pushed back at the request of the defense.

Last edited:
[Very reverently snipped (for brevity), bolded and underscored (for focus), by me . . . and a very great post, by you, Sherlock!]

As I recall, the husband was stationed at a nearby McDonald's -- having breakfast -- which the claim was made was his "usual practice" on workdays (or something to that effect). For how long had it been his routine? -- you might ask (I sure did).

Heck, I had my calendar all marked for Juliana Magalhaes' trial to begin on Mon., 29 July 2024.* Now, I read from the below article that trial has been pushed off until November (presumably, of 2024).

Also, I didn't realize that the other victim, Christine Banfield, was a pediatric nurse.
["Not far from (Joseph Nathan Ryan's) body, Christine Banfield lay dying. The 37-year-old pediatric nurse had been stabbed numerous times in her upper body, investigators said, and died at the hospital."]

An Au Pair Shot A Man In Her Employers’ Home And The Case’s Twists Just Keep Coming

*Actually, credit goes to LifeIsAMystery, who had previously posted about the trial date being pushed back at the request of the defense.
I wonder if the prosecution is fine with the delay, thinking that more time in jail might persuade the au pair that it's time to speak up and not take all the blame. My guess is the other party is far more sophisticated and able to make sure there are none of his actual fingerprints anywhere. I can see his behind-the-scene fingerprints all over this scenario. I most certainly hope the prosecution has found out who is funding the defense and made sure there isn't a conflict of interest (I have to go see if I can figure out who is paying for the au pair's attorney, apologies if it was discussed earlier).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back