VA - Herndon, Joseph Ryan shot, Christine Banfield stabbed, both deceased, in home - Feb 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It also noted Joe was likely kneeling when shot in the head. Also that BB had told another woman he'd leave for her and it would be easier if CB wasn't around. Abhorrent people. MOOO.
On NBC4 tonight they said Banfield's mom visited Juliana in jail and had a conversation about what happens to snitches in jail. You can't make this stuff up- wow.

On NBC4 tonight they said Banfield's mom visited Juliana in jail and had a conversation about what happens to snitches in jail. You can't make this stuff up- wow.
It was also confirmed in court (see WP article) that Tess Banfield, BB's mother, has been paying for the attorney of the AP. Of course, were the AP to take a plea deal it would be very bad for BB indeed. I hope Tess Banfield is arrested and charged with witness tampering. JMOOO.

Last edited:
It's my understanding his mother moved in after the murders of Joe and Christine. Prior to that she lived in NY. An AP can be cheaper than daycare and can flex around nurse/LE jobs. He would not be able to afford the mortgage on just his salary that may be why he did not see divorce as an option. It was the middle class US life AP was chasing, not living in a small apt on IRS salary. MOOO.

X post has a non-paywalled link to WP story if anyone needs access. I always thought they were staging and waiting for the victims to be closer to death in the lag between calls. That BB did not ask about his wife, only if JR had a pulse, is not going to play well with a jury. Kind of undercut his claim he was defending her vigorously too.

From DC News Now
The photos are just nuts as is the plan to flee US. Perhaps leaving child with grandmother Tess. MOOO. Video shows photos of the scene and knife from the hearing today.

I am soooo glad he has been arrested & didn't get bond. These two deserve LwoP. And BB's mother needs to be charged too, imo, as stated already by @LifeIsAMystery.

Assuming he's convicted, could/would they add extra charges for him using his IRS service weapon to murder Joseph Ryan?

What they have done is horrific & to loop in a total stranger (Joseph Ryan) in order to pin a murder on him but instead turn around & murder him is just vile. And, of course, murdering Christine is awful, especially to set up this pretend sexual encounter in order to make her look like she was the one cheating or behaving in dangerous ways.

It's been a long time coming for both to be arrested & to start hearing some details. But I am so glad LE has worked to build a case & hope that it ensures convictions & life sentences for both.

My heart continues to go out to Christine & Joseph's loved ones.

Imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carzytoaster
Back