VA - Hope Ann Aheimer, 26, found dead in a corn field, Henrico, JULY 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Welcome to Webseluths! We love to have friends, family or anyone who can provide additional insight on a case. Please consider becoming a verified insider so that you can continue to share your information.
Glad that you are here!
Here is a link to the terms and rules of WS that discuss linking to sources from MSM. Rules - Etiquette & Information

There is a way to become a verified insider if you are an insider (friend, family members, etc) on the case.

Sorry, since it's not a news source, I can recant my info regarding that. I will look into what's needed for an insider verification.

@SCaJ its 45mph and goes up to 55mph. It's a very common strip, however I cannot confirm if this is her usual route home.

Thank you. That is helpful. So most people in the area do 10-15 over routinely for anyone who doesn't live in these parts. It's plausible that either something was in the road and she over corrected and ran off the road, someone ran her off the road, pr something caused her to lose control.

Thank you. That is helpful. So most people in the area do 10-15 over routinely for anyone who doesn't live in these parts. It's plausible that either something was in the road and she over corrected and ran off the road, someone ran her off the road, pr something caused her to lose control.

My pleasure. Considering it was also July 4th I think it possible a drunk driver may have been involved.

Is the highway patrol saying this was a car crash? I know here locally, they get down to the science of car crashes so I would think they would investigate this as such if that were the case.

Also, since you have some familiarity with this.. What is the speed limit for that area of New Market Road and Rockingham Streeet? And was this route on her way home?

the speed limit is 45, I think and yes, this was a direct route home. I also don’t think there were any stores open at the time she was traveling. Just trying to factor in that maybe she stopped and someone saw her and followed her.

Nearly 3 months later and the autopsy isn't complete. They got a tip 3 days prior to finding her but no one noticed the huge gap in the corn field where her car had pushed all the corn down where it entered.....ok.

Speculation:

She was most likely strangled by someone who was in the car With her. My guess a smoker (would explain the passengers window being down). Possibly jealous coworker who she turned down.

As for the calling out the cop. He wouldn’t have much reason to kill her. Making him look like an on video is a weak motive for murder.

I've been in that area quite a few times. The paved path between Hwy 5 (New Market Rd) and the cornfield is part of the 51 mile Virginia Capital Trail that runs from James County to downtown Richmond and I was on the trail that month. But at the end of the month. I didn't hear about this until recently. Now after doing an internet search I'm wondering why we aren't hearing anything - from LE or the media.

I wanted to share some video stills/SS from our local news. One is an aerial view of the scene and the other two show the damage to her car.

couple thoughts:
• the aerial shows that the car went quite far into the cornfield. I’m far from an expert, but I don’t see how she could have gotten that far in without the accelerator being depressed. A few scenarios come to mind: either there’s foul play involved, it was an intentional act on her part, or she had a seizure or similar that resulted in the accelerator being engaged.

• the damage to her car is relatively minor. It’s not impossible for someone to die in a car accident in which the car sustains little to no damage (eg traumatic aortic dissection from centrifugal forces in a spin out), but it does decrease the likelihood. I’d be interested to know what caused this damage. Is it evidence that another party hit her car and made her lose control? Was it damage from the corn stalks as the car rolled through the field? Or was it damage sustained from a careless tow truck driver?

Just some thoughts. MOO, and all that jazz.

Attachments

• 63364927-58D8-49D1-9438-D68727772628.jpeg
    63364927-58D8-49D1-9438-D68727772628.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 1F44185C-A1CE-41EE-8930-806F12B9D5D4.jpeg
    1F44185C-A1CE-41EE-8930-806F12B9D5D4.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 65
  • D60075E1-8703-486E-B45A-5159063C9356.jpeg
    D60075E1-8703-486E-B45A-5159063C9356.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 55
I wanted to share some video stills/SS from our local news. One is an aerial view of the scene and the other two show the damage to her car.

couple thoughts:
• the aerial shows that the car went quite far into the cornfield. I’m far from an expert, but I don’t see how she could have gotten that far in without the accelerator being depressed. A few scenarios come to mind: either there’s foul play involved, it was an intentional act on her part, or she had a seizure or similar that resulted in the accelerator being engaged.

• the damage to her car is relatively minor. It’s not impossible for someone to die in a car accident in which the car sustains little to no damage (eg traumatic aortic dissection from centrifugal forces in a spin out), but it does decrease the likelihood. I’d be interested to know what caused this damage. Is it evidence that another party hit her car and made her lose control? Was it damage from the corn stalks as the car rolled through the field? Or was it damage sustained from a careless tow truck driver?

Just some thoughts. MOO, and all that jazz.
Wow! That first photo shows quite a distance. Fell asleep? I don't know. I fell asleep once while driving. Drove over a shallow ditch, through a chain link fence, went 30 yards and hit a large oak tree. And got out of the car and walked to the street with no noticeable injuries. And the steering wheel was broken. And this was in a 25 mph zone. Hope was driving in a 45 mph zone, so from my experience I can actually see that distance. But causing a death? I can't see that,

She was on video going to her car alone after work. I remember reading the car didn't go that far into the field. The corn was cut down to get to where her body was. If you look at the aerial you can see the distance. Due to the family's silence, I'm inclined to think this wasn't a homicide. I think she ran into the field to get away from the police when they showed up. A witness had called them. She'd had speeding citations the past several years. The witness said the driving was erratic, and she swerved into the field. I'm inclined to think she was speeding and lost control, possibly under the influence of something or fell asleep or a medical event...and ran because she was scared and didn't want to get charged. I never heard whether her phone was on her or at the car. Perhaps she suffered some trauma and succumbed after she was hiding in the field.

Last edited:
It all has a funky smell to me for some reason.
I think the flattened corn was the impetus for the early tip, TBH. Police just didn't go in very far or look hard enough, is my suspicion. That might be one reason it's so hard to prise information from them about the case, even for the family.

Whether that's true or not, it's been over a year since she was found. There should be some resolution by now unless they have found evidence of foul play.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann
Back