VA VA - Horlandina Gabrielita Lopez Perez, 16, Jonathan, 9 mo., Central American refugee, Culpeper, 1 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
The Culpeper Police Department is attempting to locate a missing runaway juvenile, 16-year-old Horlandina Gabrielita Lopez Perez, and her 9-month old child, Jonathan.
1681192653361.jpeg
She was last seen Oct. 1, 2022 at the home of her aunt, her sponsor, in the Town of Culpeper. Her aunt delayed reporting Lopez Perez missing until this month because she was unaware law enforcement needed to be notified, according to a release from Culpeper Police Dept.

Culpeper PD is regularly notified of juveniles, living in town with sponsors through Central American minor refugee resettlement, who go missing, many leaving to find work to earn money to send back home.

Lopez Perez is described as a Hispanic female, 4’ 6”, around 120 lbs., with long black hair and brown eyes. She took most of her personal belongings for herself and her baby when she left the home, according to local police.

At the time of leaving, Horlandina did not have a known cell phone or any communication device.
Anyone with any information on her location is asked to contact Sgt. Det. N. McGuckin at 540/727-3430 ext. 5523, 540/727-7900, anonymously through CrimeSolvers at 540/727-0300 or tips@culpeperva.gov.

The Culpeper Police Department is seeking assistance in attempting to locate missing runaway juvenile,

Horlandina Gabrielita LOPEZ PEREZ (Age 16) and her 9-month old child, Jonathan LOPEZ PEREZ. She was last seen at her aunts’ (sponsor) residency in the Town of Culpeper, VA on Saturday, October 1st, 2022. Her sponsor delayed reporting Horlandina missing until April 2023 because she was unaware law enforcement needed to be notified.

Horlandina is described as a Hispanic female, 16 years of age, 4 foot 6 inches, approximately 120 lbs., with long black hair and brown eyes. She took most of her personal belongings for herself and her baby when she left the home. At the time of leaving, Horlandina did not have a known cell phone or any communication device.

Horlandina is one of well over a dozen Central American immigrant teens to go missing from Culpeper within the last few years. VA - VA - Culpeper, 10 Hispanic teens 13-17, Jul'21 - Feb'22
Even if all of these kids have apparently been running away/leaving voluntarily the sheer amount of them is very concerning to me... Makes me worry about human trafficking/child labour. There's migrant children being placed with sponsors/extended family members all over the country and it seems like Culpeper is the only place where these kids/teens are going missing at such a high rate. And the fact that there's now a baby that's gone missing makes this even more urgent.

I wonder why her aunt didn't think to report them missing? With the amount of others missing from the town, residents must have heard reports.

I wonder why her aunt didn't think to report them missing? With the amount of others missing from the town, residents must have heard reports.
Here's an article from last year that somewhat goes into it: Culpeper’s missing kids: About 10 kids have runaway from local placements after arriving from the Southern Border
Basically all of the missing kids immigrated as unaccompanied minors and were then placed with sponsors (in Horlandina's case, her aunt). The sponsors are usually immigrants themselves. The aunt may have not known to report her missing since she came into the country by herself (or with her son, not sure how long ago she immigrated) and left voluntarily. The article goes into the case of a 13 year old boy who was also living with his aunt/sponsor. The boy's mother, who lived in Guatemala, was angry that the aunt reported him missing since as far as she was concerned he left voluntarily and had gone to find work in another state.

Thanks for explaining, it just never occurred to me that some families might think it was okay. If Horlandina is likely to be working I wonder where her baby is? Hopefully with wider family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmjordan75
Back