GUILTY VA - IH, 14, taken by mothers ex-bf, Bruce Lynch, 34, Bumpass, Louisa County, 21 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They’ve been treating it like an abduction from the beginning. They know what they’re doing. The FBI doesn’t get involved in cases where there’s no crime. And a child can’t “go willingly”. Event when it appears that they agreed to go these are kids who are preyed upon and groomed and manipulated. And they’re usually terrified but confused and don’t know how to say no or to get away. They’re in a spider’s trap. They sense the danger. They feel it. And they’re typically repulsed by any sexual “contact”.

He’s looking at a serious charge of abduction with an immoral purpose which in this case they would likely describe as “concubinage” of a child under 16. (I mean let’s be real. In every one of these teenager abducted by some adult people bring up the possibility that it’s for some noble purpose or other then sexual and that’s pretty much never the case.

It’s abduction because even if not by threat or force, use of deception would apply. And grooming a kid and manipulating them into going would likely fit “deception” parameters.
Absolutely. He’s in deep

Wonder what part?, We go 64 to Snowshoe and OMG if you get off the main road, might never be found.

ETA.. NO cell service up around Snowhoe Ski Resort.
Well I’m sure that’s his goal. let’s pray LE catches up to him before he goes off the grid.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I heard the car was spotted on I-64 in WV. I’m trying to find confirmation. I hope it’s true!
Any word/reports on if they were both in the vehicle.... or just him? :oops:

ETA: Just looked it up on the map. For reference, I-64 runs east-west across the entire state of WV, appx 299 miles long. Wonder where the car was spotted specifically?

Last edited:
Bumpass is a very small community. LE contacted FBI early on but may not have believed she was abducted. You gotta live in a small town to understand how LE works. The Sheriff is elected and petty much enforces the law/s when he chooses and sees fit. I do live in a small town in VA. My Sheriff doesn't enforce a lot of federal and state laws. He says, its up to his discretion and if we don't like it just try and impeach him. Crazy!!! We've reported him to the AG and State Police, their hands are tied, they tell us to impeach him.

I felt this kid was kidnapped from the get go. I think the Sheriff just didn't take this serious for whatever reason. He may know him or the family and thought ...he wouldn't do this. It happens.

Praying she will be found alive.

All MOO...

LE contacted the FBI early on precisely because they believed she was abducted. Many jurisdictions either never contact the FBI in missing kid cases or take a long time to do so. I’m sorry but their immediate contact absolutely indicated that local LE took this exceedingly seriously and believed a crime had been committed against this child.

They’ve been treating it like an abduction from the beginning. They know what they’re doing. The FBI doesn’t get involved in cases where there’s no crime. And a child can’t “go willingly”. Event when it appears that they agreed to go these are kids who are preyed upon and groomed and manipulated. And they’re usually terrified but confused and don’t know how to say no or to get away. They’re in a spider’s trap. They sense the danger. They feel it. And they’re typically repulsed by any sexual “contact”.

He’s looking at a serious charge of abduction with an immoral purpose which in this case they would likely describe as “concubinage” of a child under 16. (I mean let’s be real. In every one of these teenager abducted by some adult people bring up the possibility that it’s for some noble purpose or other then sexual and that’s pretty much never the case.

It’s abduction because even if not by threat or force, use of deception would apply. And grooming a kid and manipulating them into going would likely fit “deception” parameters.

I do agree. You know way more about LE and the behind the scenes than I do!!!!

And just for the record I was one that did questions LE ability in Cupcakes case. I now know, always, always listen to @MassGuy, he's not been wrong, yet.

Jmo

Glad they issued a Felony Abduction arrest warrant for this creep so people (not here, in the broader sense) can stop downplaying the seriousness of this 14-year old CHILD being with this older man. Maybe she wasn't forcefully abducted, but there is no "she went willingly" in this situation - she is incapable of making that decision. These types know just how to groom these vulnerable teens.

Yes. It’s always a super dangerous situation for these kids and one they determine is a nightmare usually pretty quickly.

The facts as we know it is that a very mentally unstable man has taken a young girl from her home in the middle of the night. It is not yet known if she went willingly or not. Either way she Is now in extreme danger of her life at the hands of a suicidal man. The situation is dire in that nearly every news outlet across the country has released desperate pleas for the public’s assistance.
As a reminder there has been no comment on a sexual relationship between the two and so until it is announced otherwise everyone should be mindful that this an innocent girl. Any rumors or assumptions will forever be online even if they turn out to not be true.
Praying she is released and returned home safely and unharmed today.

IMO there is no such thing as a “sexual relationship between” a 14 year old and a fully grown man. Just a predator and prey. An abduction for the purpose of sexual assault or “concubinage” is an assumption that is logical to make.

Once again, a child preyed upon by an adult is always innocent.

Last edited:
No but men who are devastated and suicidal about then end of a relationship or marriage do take and murder children to forever cause pain and suffering to the woman who wronged them. Moo

Then why is LE stating they are likely “camping”? Usually when someone abducts a teen with the intent to kill them for revenge purposes, they kill them. They don’t camp.

Wish there was an anti-snarky font on here so that questions posed would be known to be taken as a genuine question and not rudeness, but why, in this case in particular, is there so much sensitivity in regards to discussing the usual motivations or reasons for a 34 year old man to abduct a 14 year old girl?

Why would there be a "comment from LE about these two having a sexual relationship" expected even if that were the case? Keeping in mind that she is an innocent girl, I wouldn't exactly classify a child being possibly molested by a trusted adult, like their mother's ex-boyfriend a "sexual relationship" as that implies intimacy and connectedness between two willing parties; not an adult taking advantage and performing illegal acts on someone who cannot legally consent.

We are big on facts here and also big on making educated guesses based on those known facts and previous cases.

What would be his motivation in taking her? Custody disputes, sexual motivations, homicidal motivations tend to be the main reasons.

Perhaps this is a custody issue, but he never had custodial rights to her, or did he at one time? Anyone know the legalities there? Why did he just take her? There are 4 other children, yes? Are any of the kids his, biologically I mean?

If the plan is homicide or homicide + suicide, again, why was she the target? Did they have a very strained relationship prior to this? Was she the most defiant? Easiest to break into the house and grab?

Every angle I try to look at this case, I circle back to my original thoughts. Which is that he was already preying on her prior to the night she disappeared. My thoughts on that being the issue don't change the fact that she's an innocent young girl.

Bravo. I should have read further before posting.

Well these good ol country folks need to be dang careful. They should NOT approach him; too dangerous for them and the girl.
Amateur opinion and speculation

I don’t know. A couple of good ol’ country boys rescued an abducted child not too long ago. Maybe last year? She was a little one. They were “camping”.

Then why is LE stating they are likely “camping”? Usually when someone abducts a teen with the intent to kill them for revenge purposes, they kill them. They don’t camp.

It was stated early on, his camping gear is missing. He lives in a rural area and lots of us have tons camping gear and guns, in these rural communities. Imo....

Last edited:
D

yes and The California abduction of HA. Lots of assumptions and horrible things said of this young girl of which non was ever proven true.

I well remember all that as well. And argued hard on here against the things said about those girls. And poor Jayme.

Please explain to me how assuming this predator stole this child for immoral purposes is the same thing as saying horrible and untrue things about her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chernobyl_Werewolf
Back