VA VA - Janet 'Renee' Field, 49, Scottsville, 2 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Scottsville is a lovely place! I have been through there many times and eaten in the little town.
Praying she is safe!

Are there any more details/POIs/anything going on in her life, etc.? Haven't heard anything about this case.

JanetField_zps2675ec8c.jpg

http://www.fluvannareview.com/index...leaves-no-trace&catid=34:headlines&Itemid=152

The mystery of Fluvanna County’s missing woman has been baffling authorities since Janet Renee Field failed to return to her Scottsville area home on July 2.

But just as puzzling is another question – who is Janet Renee Field? She didn’t work; she didn’t belong to any church or clubs that authorities know of; she didn’t have any children to pull her out into the community.

“There are not a lot of known associates,” said Lt. David R. Wells, who is investigating her disappearance.
Yet Field, 49, lived in Fluvanna for “quite some time,” Wells said. She and her husband, Lewis Field, bought property off Hickory Hill Drive in Scottsville in 1997.

Search warrants have been served but they've been sealed.

http://www.fluvannareview.com/index...t&view=article&id=5870:missing-woman&catid=81

Waverly Branch, the father of missing woman Janet Renee Field, told the Fluvanna Review today (July 28) that like Fluvanna County investigators and her husband, he has no clue as to where his daughter might be. “I have no idea – none whatsoever” he said of his daughter who has been missing for almost one month. “But she isn’t here.”

Branch doesn’t know of any out-of-the-area friends that Field might be visiting. “She didn’t tell anyone she was going away,” he said.

“She is an only child,” Branch added, “and that makes it even harder.”

http://www.fluvannareview.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5882:missing&catid=81

When asked if his wife - who goes by the name Renee - could have left on her own, Lewis Field replied that though they “sort of come and go,” they never stay away overnight. Nevertheless, he said, “I do think it’s possible that she’s away for a while. I think her intent was to do something short-term.” What’s confusing him now, if his guess is correct, is why she’s stayed away for so long without contacting her parents – or him – to let them know she’s okay. “Maybe she’s embarrassed because of the stir-up,” he said – but he’s concerned...

Renee Field wasn’t always a stay-at-home person. After college, she worked three or four different jobs in the nursing field. And later, her husband said, she ran the Jefferson Area Board for Aging (JABA) senior center in Fluvanna and painted with the Painters at the Lake group from Lake Monticello. But eventually those activities dropped off.

“She’s had some health issues over the decades, and some of them have interfered with her activities,” Lewis Field said. “She had an injury a few years back, too. Working at the senior center involved lifting and that caused problems. It was good work but it’s not worth injuring yourself over.”

If she was taking medication and weaning off of it as the article says, maybe it was an anti-depressant?

The husband seems to not be sure of a lot of things. I know my husband and I are close, but he would know if my meds were missing and other items I use. Couldn't he check activity on her cards by opening mail?

A different 8/5/14 article

http://fluvannareview.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5889:husband-believes-missing-wife-is-alive&catid=34:headlines&Itemid=152

Renee Field has now been missing for almost a month, and her husband wants to keep her disappearance in the news. “Say someone’s coming back from three weeks of vacation,” he said. “They’d have no idea she’s even missing.” That’s part of why he decided to talk to the press. “I’ve been debating it,” he explained, “but there are several things that investigators don’t necessarily want out in the news and it’s hard to remember what those are.”

What information could investigators have that they would not want out in the news? Puzzling...

The mystery of Fluvanna County’s missing woman has been baffling authorities since Janet Renee Field failed to return to her Scottsville area home on July 2.

But just as puzzling is another question – who is Janet Renee Field? She didn’t work; she didn’t belong to any church or clubs that authorities know of; she didn’t have any children to pull her out into the community.

“There are not a lot of known associates,” said Lt. David R. Wells, who is investigating her disappearance.
Yet Field, 49, lived in Fluvanna for “quite some time,” Wells said. She and her husband, Lewis Field, bought property off Hickory Hill Drive in Scottsville in 1997.

This reminds me so much of Susan Jacobson's case. She also had no outside interests, no friends and no activities.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...son-59-Sun-City-Roseville-2-May-2013-2/page22

Does anyone know if any information has been obtained by authorities as to the whereabouts of Renee? I would think there would be more reporting about such a thing... Have the search warrants turned up anything... it's very frustrating...

Event Held to Continue the Search for Missing Fluvanna County Woman
4673947_G.jpg

FLUVANNA COUNTY, Va (WVIR) -
It's been more than two months since Janet Renee Field vanished after leaving her home in Scottsville. Saturday the Help Save The Next Girl organization, her husband, parents and friends gathered to raise awareness about her case, that still has so many unanswered questions. Gil Harrington, who is with Help Save the Next Girl said, "There's strength in numbers and I think that we can support one another through the wasteland of missing and not knowing." The strength of numbers was seen Saturday as several families of missing Virginia women gathered to support the search for Janet Renee Field.
http://www.nbc29.com/story/26466107/event-held-to-continue-the-search-for-missing-liana-county-woman

http://www.fluvannareview.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5957:renee-field&catid=81

Having no leads in the case raises even more questions. Was Renee Field the kind of person who could plan a masterful disappearance? “I don’t know,” her husband answered. “Apparently.” He and his wife used to joke around while watching movies, he said, about how staying in your own car means you’ll end up found. And since “it’s in all the TV shows,” he assumes she knows about credit cards being traceable. “She’s smart,” he said. “If she wanted to do something and disappear for a while, I can’t imagine that she wouldn’t be able to do it. I don’t quite know exactly why, though.”

Branch agrees. “I think she would know [how to disappear],” he said of his daughter. “She’s pretty sharp”...

Whorley said she doesn’t think her cousin would have voluntarily disappeared. “She had a great life,” she said. “I just can’t see her putting her parents through something like this.”

I live about a 2 hour drive from this area and I am not seeing anything in our news down here. I have to come here to check for updates. It seems to be reported only in the Richmond VA area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back