VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lots of therapy but you notice in AUS she is treated by JD's nurse and dr who give her seroquel

• Kipper recommends sedating Heard with the anti-psychotic medicine Seroquel - 100mg rather than her 'usual' 25mg dose

Uses​

This medication is used to treat certain mental/mood conditions (such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, sudden episodes of mania or depression associated with bipolar disorder). Quetiapine is known as an anti-psychotic drug (atypical type). It works by helping to restore the balance of certain natural substances (neurotransmitters) in the brain. This medication can decrease hallucinations and improve your concentration. It helps you to think more clearly and positively about yourself, feel less nervous, and take a more active part in everyday life. It may also improve your mood, sleep, appetite, and energy level. Quetiapine can help prevent severe mood swings or decrease how often mood swings occur.

Since this is a medication that the doctor say's AH takes regularly, we can assume she has been diagnosed with one of the mental/mood conditions listed above. Does anyone know which one?

1. attys always start out asking for more because during negotiation, you
will be offered less than your demand, pretty much never more...IMO
2. AH's attys might have originally asked for 2x what JD filed suit for in the hope of not going to court- discouraging JD who probably has more to lose, IMO
3. EB is originally from MN and is the exact opposite of AH AND JD. She is not flashy; not a jokster; not sharp and pushy like CV; she may even be religious and she possibly decided to appear humble to the jury, IMO, and said "award whatever you think is appropriate" IMO
It was not a good look for Elaine when she said that Mr. Depp asked for $50 Million and then SLAPPED her hand on the podium and said Well we said FINE and asked for $100 Million. She sounded just like her client- defiant and “ we’re gonna make you pay”. She must have realized that she needed to tone it down and became soft in saying oh just pay what you think is fair.
JD’s team had already said that it’s not about the money for him, so of course AH team going to come back with the same sentiment.

I have no disrespect for EB. From what I saw of her Bio she is well respected as a top tier trial lawyer and has decades of experience.

Not sure why you say she is not “ pushy “ like Camille though.

Throughput this entire trial EB has been infamous for speaking over opposing Counsel during objections , speaking over the Judge, trying to argue instead of waiting for the Judge’s ruling, etc.

I guess you could call that a vigorous defense.

Yelling at witnesses that they only want their 15 minutes of fame is pretty darn pushy.

And imitating Mr. Depp’s voice and mocking him saying “ You’ll never see my eyes again “ is just beyond the pale and cruel.

Not sure what EB being from MN or being religious has to do with this.

JMO JMVHO

I agree! It seems she thinks the way to settle an argument is to literally fight it out. She would hunt him to destruction if he hadn't gotten away.

The mocking him about being punched and who would ever believe him...that's all abuser speak. If he had said those exact words to her people would not question the abusive tone.
The worst thing for me to listen to was the recording where it sounds like he is telling her that he wished he had had someone 50;years old to give him advice about his career when he was her age ( 20’s) and she starts mocking him . With that cruel baby talking voice “ oh I was on 21 Jumpstreet” and then her maniacal laughing.
He obviously went through hell and back with this one.
She seriously scares me and I hope she gets help.
JMO

I see on twitter that Elaine was in the bathroom crying. you guys know what that was about?
Nope. EB was AH's lawyer in the UK as well so she's been with AH for quite a while. Maybe she's just tired.
It was not a good look for Elaine when she said that Mr. Depp asked for $50 Million and then SLAPPED her hand on the podium and said Well we said FINE and asked for $100 Million. She sounded just like her client- defiant and “ we’re gonna make you pay”. She must have realized that she needed to tone it down and became soft in saying oh just pay what you think is fair.
JD’s team had already said that it’s not about the money for him, so of course AH team going to come back with the same sentiment.

I have no disrespect for EB. From what I saw of her Bio she is well respected as a top tier trial lawyer and has decades of experience.

Not sure why you say she is not “ pushy “ like Camille though.

Throughput this entire trial EB has been infamous for speaking over opposing Counsel during objections , speaking over the Judge, trying to argue instead of waiting for the Judge’s ruling, etc.

I guess you could call that a vigorous defense.

Yelling at witnesses that they only want their 15 minutes of fame is pretty darn pushy.

And imitating Mr. Depp’s voice and mocking him saying “ You’ll never see my eyes again “ is just beyond the pale and cruel.

Not sure what EB being from MN or being religious has to do with this.

JMO JMVHO

Agreed!

I found EB to be quite rude at times but maybe that's just me.

MOO

Quote from article:
“What began with Depp seeking $50 million for the loss of his reputation is, ironically, restoring it.”

I see on twitter that Elaine was in the bathroom crying. you guys know what that was about?
I do feel sorry for her because I think she was really out of her element. Based on how many witnesses she felt the need to say ”you know there are cameras in the courtroom don’t you, you are just participating for your 15 minutes of fame“. It’s as though she was projecting that on them because she was affected by ’the fame’.

To go as far as saying that to the TMZ guy who has been on TV more than a few times. That makes me think she hasn’t had many high profile cases and doesn’t have much pop culture awareness. There are many people who have no interest in that but for an attorney it’s a bit unusual.

I went over the verdict forms, and it's kind of hard on JD's claims, but AH's are easy. I can dismiss all that because, even though AW acted as an agent of JD, made the statements about Amber Heard that were read by others, it might or might not be false (It's a working theory, I think), I can't find that he had malice or that the defamed her.

I don't think he defamed her because he had reasonable inferences that it was a hoax. His statements seem entirely about May 21st and thereafter, except the one that says something about sexual violence.

The basis for my belief:

1. Two photos of her face with the same name at the same time. One reddened, one not. I don't know how you get those two pictures that way, but it's a lie that one was taken in light and the other wasn't.

2. Wine bottle picture entered into evidence at two different "fight" scenes.

3. Police see no evidence of destruction.

4. Magic bruise. The bruise appears and disappears at will. It's there 5/27, but gone 5/28.

5. Divorce demands. She told JD that she would NOT file the restraining order if he caved to the demands in the letter. Then she jumped the gun, filing for the order in the AM on Friday before JD's lawyers could respond. I assume they thought they had until the end of the business day. She filed using the police call as EVIDENCE for the TRO. She didn't need to talk to the police. She just needed a call on record. They were called twice because IO didn't think his New York call had gone through.

6. TMZ greeting her at the courthouse to see her turn her face, just as her publicist who probably called them there said it would be.

I believe the hoax happened because JD said he was divorcing her and they wanted to devise a way to keep their penthouses, etc.

The sexual violence part of his first statement on the forms, I think is really fake because she said nothing about that back in 2016. Suddenly, after the op-ed, she alleges it. There are no doctor reports, witnesses, etc, and I don't think she talks about it in the UK trial. I could be wrong about that, though, but it's reasonable for him to assert they are fake without it being defamation, imo.

So that's how I would decide her counterclaims. Thoughts from you guys?

Last edited:
I do feel sorry for her because I think she was really out of her element. Based on how many witnesses she felt the need to say ”you know there are cameras in the courtroom don’t you, you are just participating for your 15 minutes of fame“. It’s as though she was projecting that on them because she was affected by ’the fame’.

To go as far as saying that to the TMZ guy who has been on TV more than a few times. That makes me think she hasn’t had many high profile cases and doesn’t have much pop culture awareness. There are many people who have no interest in that but for an attorney it’s a bit unusual.

I think she was caught off guard by those two witnesses she said that to. That's true. I also think she was like Dr. Hughes and JD and Whitney and others. She got sucked in by the sociopath, Amber Heard, and that zaps you dry.

She "published" the tweet. She added a sentence or two then tweeted the article out. The article online (and in the tweet) specifically said sexual abuse.

I wish I could find the jury instructions. There are 3 statements that they are suing on. One is the sexual abuse one.

******Jury form not instructions
I read the original complaint

It does mention the tweet on one page (p.27, item 97) but the only thing that says "sexual" is the title of her article, which I recall in court there was argument about whether it was actually WAPO that added or wrote the title.

One of the things I wish they had played up more was that AH was misrepresenting herself in terms of her own sobriety. The woman is an alcoholic with cocaine, Xanax, MDMA and other drug substance abuse. And yet she pretended to be this paragon of sobriety only trying to save JD from himself. All the while, she refused to stop drinking her 1-2 bottles a night, partook of drugs in his presence and with her own friends regularly, got explosively angry when he questioned her Xanax use and kept pushing him to take the Xanax to 'calm him down' whenever they argued. She also took over control of his meds when he was detoxing opioids and deliberately made that more torturous than it needed to be. I got so angry at how she was pretending to be so virtuous with regard to drug use, in comparison to JD, when the evidence shows she was just as bad.

I've posted already some clips of her being drunk/high during media interviews.

Please also listen to this portion of one of the audio tapes, the whole thing is chilling, but this portion features some of what I was getting at:

Note: I believe the 4 hour audio IS submitted into evidence. I pray that the jury takes the time to listen to the whole thing.

One of the things I wish they had played up more was that AH was misrepresenting herself in terms of her own sobriety. The woman is an alcoholic with cocaine, Xanax, MDMA and other drug substance abuse. And yet she pretended to be this paragon of sobriety only trying to save JD from himself. All the while, she refused to stop drinking her 1-2 bottles a night, partook of drugs in his presence and with her own friends regularly, got explosively angry when he questioned her Xanax use and kept pushing him to take the Xanax to 'calm him down' whenever they argued. She also took over control of his meds when he was detoxing opioids and deliberately made that more torturous than it needed to be. I got so angry at how she was pretending to be so virtuous with regard to drug use, in comparison to JD, when the evidence shows she was just as bad.

Please also listen to this portion of one of the audio tapes, the whole thing is chilling, but this portion features some of what I was getting at:

Note: I believe the 4 hour audio IS submitted into evidence. I pray that the jury takes the time to listen to the whole thing.
Yep! I could not agree with you more! I have heard this recording and it's scary. AH is insane - I don't know what other word to use. This is who she really is. There is also a recording I heard where she keeps saying ''love me back, love me back'' to JD and to me it sounds like she's forcing herself on him it's quite chilling.

Edit - I found the link - beware the audio goes from low to loud, because he finally yells and tells AH to stop forcing him.

Last edited:
I went over the verdict forms, and it's kind of hard on JD's claims, but AH's are easy. I can dismiss all that because, even though AW acted as an agent of JD, made the statements about Amber Heard that were read by others, it might or might not be false (It's a working theory, I think), I can't find that he had malice or that the defamed her.

I don't think he defamed her because he had reasonable inferences that it was a hoax. His statements seem entirely about May 21st and thereafter, except the one that says something about sexual violence.

The basis for my belief:

1. Two photos of her face with the same name at the same time. One reddened, one not. I don't know how you get those two pictures that way, but it's a lie that one was taken in light and the other wasn't.

2. Wine bottle picture entered into evidence at two different "fight" scenes.

3. Police see no evidence of destruction.

4. Magic bruise. The bruise appears and disappears at will. It's there 5/27, but gone 5/28.

5. Divorce demands. She told JD that she would NOT file the restraining order if he caved to the demands in the letter. Then she jumped the gun, filing for the order in the AM on Friday before JD's lawyers could respond. I assume they thought they had until the end of the business day. She filed using the police call as EVIDENCE for the TRO. She didn't need to talk to the police. She just needed a call on record. They were called twice because IO didn't think his New York call had gone through.

6. TMZ greeting her at the courthouse to see her turn her face, just as her publicist who probably called them there said it would be.

I believe the hoax happened because JD said he was divorcing her and they wanted to devise a way to keep their penthouses, etc.

The sexual violence part of his first statement on the forms, I think is really fake because she said nothing about that back in 2016. Suddenly, after the op-ed, she alleges it. There are no doctor reports, witnesses, etc, and I don't think she talks about it in the UK trial. I could be wrong about that, though, but it's reasonable for him to assert they are fake without it being defamation, imo.

So that's how I would decide her counterclaims. Thoughts from you guys?

I think that with all the various testimony and photos in evidence, the jury is going to be looking at the jury Qs, saying "what?" I just do not think it is easy to tie all the evidence in Court to the actiual Op Ed statements. IMO.

I read the original complaint

It does mention the tweet on one page (p.27, item 97) but the only thing that says "sexual" is the title of her article, which I recall in court there was argument about whether it was actually WAPO that added or wrote the title.

I personally would assign that title to her because she read it and then she retweeted it, saying "Today I published this..." It's her job to read the dang title and if she has a problem with, don't retweet it. Instead, contact WAPO and get them to remove it. Instead, she proudly retweeted it as if it were her words and her true story. She also added sexual abuse claims to her story that were not there before once this claim came up. I don't know if they proved that in court, but I believe it's true. I have to review her UK statement to be sure.

she definitely presents during the trial as someone trying to get JD to detox and neither of the psych evals done on her indicates that she had a substance problem. They do not talk about her prescription meds either, so a lot is left out.

So he was the one who objected to his own question. Any idea what’s going on at the time this was taken?

View attachment 346504
I don’t know but yesterday it looked like he was sucking his thumb, lol…
I didn’t either. I think when people found out what he has been through it resonated. Simultaneously seeing her behavior in court was eye opening. It drew alot of curios attention as to what really happened.
Lol, when I remember that in the first week Vinnie Politan actually went to Fairfax County and had to tell a whole batch of locals, that they were in fact there… the good old days…
Are we allowed to link to a tweet from a Verified twitter account? I’m just not sure of the rules. TIa
I believe yes if it is a legal authority, such as CourtTV or Law and Crime; or MSM.

A private citizen maybe not.

• Kipper recommends sedating Heard with the anti-psychotic medicine Seroquel - 100mg rather than her 'usual' 25mg dose

Uses​

This medication is used to treat certain mental/mood conditions (such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, sudden episodes of mania or depression associated with bipolar disorder). Quetiapine is known as an anti-psychotic drug (atypical type). It works by helping to restore the balance of certain natural substances (neurotransmitters) in the brain. This medication can decrease hallucinations and improve your concentration. It helps you to think more clearly and positively about yourself, feel less nervous, and take a more active part in everyday life. It may also improve your mood, sleep, appetite, and energy level. Quetiapine can help prevent severe mood swings or decrease how often mood swings occur.

Since this is a medication that the doctor say's AH takes regularly, we can assume she has been diagnosed with one of the mental/mood conditions listed above. Does anyone know which one?

I don't know her Dx but wasn't she also taking Provigil... which I found suspect. (jmo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper