VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
now AH counsel reading various headlines of unflattering stories about JD's financial and work troubles in attempts to establish that JD's career was already suffering losses before AH's op-ed.

And it's true, his career was suffering prior to the op-ed. But I suggest it is no stretch to imagine that AH is the direct cause of JD's career and financial woes, and her machinations simply CULMINATED in that op-ed, they certainly didn't START with it.

There it is again..... the 'C' word.....
Fact: JD used the 'C' word.....
Fact: JD abused drugs and alcohol
Moving on.....

yes, they must be counting on the youth of the jury to convey naïveté.

I mean, clearly they’re trying to impeach him on being in denial about being an alcoholic because he’s opened it up for them; but again, alcoholics don’t all have purported 3 day blackouts (I’d really like to see the Brown Rudnick peeps bring up someone to testify about the blackout drunk state, as I’m not sure anyone has ever had a solid 3 day blackout); and it certainly has nothing to do with whether or not he’d hit Vanessa or anyone else concurrently with their relationship.

I suspect the jury has the ability to see right through Rottenborn's tactics.

well, let’s hope so, because IMO once one tries to impeach someone on using language common to race car drivers/highly trained athletes, etc.; then once you realize it, it then lays you as an auditor/juror open to realizing ‘hey, if that’s clearly a random attempt to smear the plaintiff by thinking we’re all fools who don’t understand figures of speech; what other terms of phrase/sayings might that lying misrepresenting attorney be exaggerating and misrepresenting as part of the defense?’

now AH counsel reading various headlines of unflattering stories about JD's financial and work troubles in attempts to establish that JD's career was already suffering losses before AH's op-ed.

And it's true, his career was suffering prior to the op-ed. But I suggest it is no stretch to imagine that AH is the direct cause of JD's career and financial woes, and her machinations simply CULMINATED in that op-ed, they certainly didn't START with it.

yeah, I think it can easily, easily be proven that everyone at least in their circle/where it matters to his and her finances, would absolutely not be in any doubt that she meant JD.

also, I can’t be the only person who would look at the status quo of some situation that is a fait accompli, and colloquially say ‘I [appear to have] cut my finger off’, even if someone else had in fact cut said finger off?

IIRC that is in fact what he told Paul Bettany, ‘that you know what I’m married to cut my finger off’.

Sky News

Johnny Depp is given a stack of articles and Heard's lawyer reads through the headlines. All are negative stories about the actor, over a period of several years.

The first article is from The Guardian in November 2014, titled: "Apparently drunk Johnny Depp cut off at Hollywood film award ceremony".

The next article is from May 2016, titled "Johnny Depp friends and family seriously concerned about him, here's why".

A third title from the Hollywood Reporter in May 2017 reads "Johnny Depp has a clear and epic sense of entitlement".

May 2017 entitled "Johnny Depp a star in crisis and the insane story of his missing millions".

Another from May 2017 "Johnny Depp reportedly drank heavily and was constantly late on the new Pirates movie set".

Depp is clearly irritated by all these stories, and replies to Heard's lawyer: "These are all hit pieces... This is a pathetic attempt".

The list of titles from numerous other negative articles continue being read out.

The last is from the Daily Mail, which calls Depp's catalogue of reported drunken and bad behaviour as "a career suicide note".

Depp is rather tetchy over all these questions, and when the lawyer asks him after reading each title whether he has read it correctly, Depp sarcastically replies - "Yes, you did. You should read the whole article..."

If the court allows all these media and press articles in, discussing JD in any matter.....we are in for weeks of testimony. Just speculating here...

somewhere in the discovery the Heard team lists pages and pages of articles they might call upon, so buckle up.

FWIW, what i remember at the time was, the story about JD losing a fingertip did very much make the media in real time; and much after the fact of his demotion, the Pirates producer Jerry Bruckheimer was reputed to have said:

‘it wasn’t anything that happened per se upon which I judged him; I judged him upon the fact that after it happened, I looked him straight in the eyes and said, ‘We can work through anything, except if I find out you’ve lied to me”; and he in fact did lie.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya