DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone recep? Reached a paywall.

TY!

Depp wins and is awarded less than 50m dollars​

It is also possible that the jury sides with Depp, but decides he doesn't deserve the full 50m dollars that he is claiming.

That would help clear his name in the court of public opinion too, so it would be a victory, but not a full one.

Heard wins and is awarded 100m dollars​

Should Heard convince the jury that she was right in what she wrote for the Washington Post, she could be in for a big pay day of her own.

She countersued Depp for 100m dollars and one possibility is that she is awarded that full amount, although her testimony has yet to explain how she reached that figure

Heard wins and is awarded less than 100m dollars​

Another scenario is that Heard wins but that the jury believes the 100m figure to be too high, instead awarding the actress a lesser amount.

Neither party is awarded damages​

Another scenario that could be possible is that neither side is awarded any damages by the jury. This would leave the matter unresolved in the court of public opinion and probably satisfy neither Depp nor Heard.

An out-of-court settlement​

This is not a criminal case and neither party will face a criminal penalty, such as prison time.

Since it is a civil case, it could be settled out of court

I hope JD's legal team noticed the bruise kit!

When was that picture of JD with the ice cream spilled on his lap taken?

It is important to know the date because in the bottom right corner of that picture, there is a theatrical bruise kit---the kind that CREATES bruises----sitting right on the table.

It would be wild if that pic was taken around the time she was seen with her bruises.
That would almost be the glove that did not fit. jmo.

RSBM

I, also wonder why he didn't leave sooner. But, I do find it very interesting his decision to tell AH he wanted a divorce came right after the passing of his mother :( (Maybe he decided some forms of living are worse than dying) jmo
I'm sure it's far more complex than this but:
When asked by his lawyer why he didn't leave Heard at the time of the alleged abuse, Depp — who said he'd learned to "pick your battles" — said that it was a "complicated answer." He recalled thinking, "No one can live like this."

"Why did I stay? I suppose because my father stayed [in his abusive marriage]. ... And I didn't want to fail. I wanted to try to make it work. I thought maybe I could help her. I thought maybe I could bring her around. Because the Amber Heard that I knew for the first year, year and a half was not this, suddenly this opponent. It wasn't my girl, she had become my opponent," he said.

"I thought maybe I could help her."
I think that's a common misconception of both men and women who are victims of abuse. That perhaps they can somehow magically change the abuser. They are told over and over that it's their fault that the abuse happens.
I imagine in our culture it's rather difficult for a man to admit he is a victim of abuse. Particularly when you are in a spotlight like JD is/was.

JD: " I was trying to restrain Ms. Heard, and once I had restrained her, I would say if she's trying to still move around and kick at me or trying to get loose, any sort of movement when you're like this, your heads are this close together, it's not impossible for them to bump. But a 'head-butt,' that's pretty extreme definition of that."
I appreciate you posting these quotes. It’s very helpful since I haven’t been able to follow much of the trial. @Warwick7 . :)
I have just last night and this morning been watching JD’s testimony and find it riveting. I knew he was a great actor, but I think more of him now as a person than I ever thought I would.

I am just assuming here, that each of us has had some kind of experience dealing with watching the unraveling of a relationship. Be it our own, or a friend or loved ones. It is a somewhat impossible position to be 'In the middle'. We listen, we commiserate, we advise. But then, You either pick a side as it falls apart, or you escape the situation entirely. But...THIS one?

There is all this excess glitz and glamour and Hollywood excess.
The jury has to sift through the bombastic claims of:

Penthouse(s) x 5, plus a few other homes
A private Island
Private Jets
Access to drugs and alcohol at your fingertips
A wedding plan/itinerary that includes a drug party
Bodyguards x ?
Best Friends x ? ( living in said PH's for free)
A separate PH (for a closet)
Movie Premiers and Red Carpet Galas, TV show appearances
Personal and Private MD's and RN's at your beck and call
The list goes on....doesn't it?

They ( the jury) will have to somehow sift through all this above BS 'elitsm' by both AH and JD, and still get to the bottom and center of it all. The shock and awe has to be pushed aside. It really is a tough job for this jury. And, to think that they have not yet been able to discuss any of this together??!! It's mind boggling to me

This is just my "opinionated" timeline for part of 2016 (There could be errors)

May 20 2016
JD's mother (removed from life support) passes away
JD tells AH he plans to file for divorce

May 21 2016 (Set-up by AH #1)
JD goes to penthouse he shares with AH to discuss divorce and he plans to gather belongings
(his crew posted outside door)
JD & AH quarrel about the birthday "grumpy"
Murphy is called and whatever he says makes AH angry
T-W is called and remains on phone
RP somehow appears in penthouse (unseen by JD's crew outside PH door)
AH alleges JD hit her with phone
JD says he tossed phone onto couch
RP alleges she is protecting AH
JD (with crew) leaves
T-W calls 911, RP calls 911
Two sets of officers arrive and do not see evidence of DV (none shown on body cam from one set of officers)

May 22 2016
AH has locks changed
Franco spends evening with AH

May 23 2016
AH files for divorce

May 24 2016
AH atty's send JD "blackmail" letter (give me penthouses, vehicle, etc and I won't mention violence)
JD will not agree to be blackmailed

May 26/27 2016
JD leaves for NY and on to Europe with Hollywood Vampires tour

May 27 2016
AH files for TRO (with publicity) (Set-up by AH #2)
Approx 3 wks later - AH complains to JD that she only has 21 days to be out of penthouse - JD tells her to take 2-3+ months to move - just call off "the dogs"
**Somewhere from May 23 to May 27 - AH leaks info to TMZ

July 2016
AH begs him to meet (breaking TRO) and when they do, AH shouts at him, "tell people you're the victim... see who they believe, etc"

August 2016
AH and JD agree on a divorce settlement amount with JD giving AH $7 million

***At some point after this AH tells public she wanted nothing and will donate the $7 million

Last edited:
I went to look at the trailer for the movie AH did with Billy Bob Thornton... and before I even press 'play', here is AH shown biting her lip in the exact same location as where she said she was injured by JD. Hmm.

I'm sure it's far more complex than this but:
When asked by his lawyer why he didn't leave Heard at the time of the alleged abuse, Depp — who said he'd learned to "pick your battles" — said that it was a "complicated answer." He recalled thinking, "No one can live like this."

"Why did I stay? I suppose because my father stayed [in his abusive marriage]. ... And I didn't want to fail. I wanted to try to make it work. I thought maybe I could help her. I thought maybe I could bring her around. Because the Amber Heard that I knew for the first year, year and a half was not this, suddenly this opponent. It wasn't my girl, she had become my opponent," he said.

"I thought maybe I could help her."
I think that's a common misconception of both men and women who are victims of abuse. That perhaps they can somehow magically change the abuser. They are told over and over that it's their fault that the abuse happens.
I imagine in our culture it's rather difficult for a man to admit he is a victim of abuse. Particularly when you are in a spotlight like JD is/was.
I agree with you. Thank you very much! Perfectly said. ❤️

May 20 2016

JD goes to penthouse he shares with AH to discuss divorce and he plans to gather belongings
JD (with crew) leaves
Two sets of officers arrive and do not see evidence of DV (none shown on body cam from one set of officers)

May 22 2016
AH has locks changed

May 23 2016
AH files for divorce

May 24 2016
AH atty's send JD "blackmail" letter (give me penthouses, vehicle, etc and I won't mention violence)

May 26/27 2016

May 27 2016
Approx 3 wks later - AH complains to JD that she only has 21 days to be out of penthouse - JD tells her to take 2-3+ months to move - just call off "the dogs"

July 2016
AH begs him to meet (breaking TRO) and when they do, AH shouts at him, "tell people you're the victim... see who they believe, etc"

August 2016
Divorce is settled with JD giving her $7 million
She tells public she wanted nothing and will donate the $7 million

December 2016
She works with ACLU and publicly alleges JD physically and sexually assaulted her in op-ed.
ACLU names her as Women's Right Ambassador

I thought the divorce was Jan 2017 and the op-ed was December 2018.

Given that there were so many video witnesses, will jurors be given special instructions regarding witnesses who did not testify in person? Should video witnesses' testimony be subject to the same consideration as those who testified in person and were subject to cross examination? I, personally, was not impressed with video testimony and could not place significant weight on the testimony of witnesses who did not testify in person. JMO
I don’t know how I think or know this… be it personal appearance or taped trials… but I’m almost positive the jury instructions will include a statement to treat all the witnesses exactly the same, via tape or live… the principle being, if the court considers it acceptable to have testimony delivered in that manner, they can’t hold it against the testators (? Is that a word?).

In actuality, I believe many authorities say the same thing you have; that IRL juries do not like taped testimony and that it does tend to affect them, whether they are counseled to ignore it or not.

May 20 2016

JD (with crew) leaves

May 22 2016
AH has locks changed

May 23 2016
AH files for divorce

May 24 2016

May 26/27 2016

May 27 2016
**Somewhere from May 23 to May 27 - AH leaks info to TMZ

July 2016

August 2016
Divorce is settled with JD giving her $7 million
She tells public she wanted nothing and will donate the $7 million

December 2016
She works with ACLU and publicly alleges JD physically and sexually assaulted her in op-ed.
ACLU names her as Women's Right Ambassador
So the TRO pictures were 6 days after the incident? That's insane.

I couldn't agree with you more .. those audios are all I needed to hear.
Apologies if this has already been asked and answered…. but, Is it known how all these audios that AH took got into the trial? I guess I’m a little surprised she would have kept them at all much less turn them over as evidence, most of which seems, IMO, to reveal her as the aggressor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member